1. May 31, 2017  

Is it worth rolling here?

Me and a friend are looking for a MOP server but i've got a few questions before investing any time into this one

Are Arenas and BG's active?
    Are there a lot of active raiding guilds?
    What's the status of SoO i.e are all bosses working?

Mainly concerned about the active raiding guilds

2. June 1, 2017  
    well every mop raid is doable except soo hc which hasnt been released yet. About SoO normal its bugged af yet u can kill all of the bosses.What surprises me the things that were working get broken after every new "update" so yeah. SoO is currently less than a 50% scripted and it will never be 100%

3. June 1, 2017  
    Arenas and BG's are really active. The PvP is really nice on Frostwolf. There are not that many people doing PvE but there is still a strong community that does active raiding. I know of a guild named Stormborn on alliance which has a really strong community and they are very active. We would love to see you come play here since we could use some more people. Sadly this realm is getting very neglected by the staff but we are promised that they will do something about it. So things will get better!
    Edited: June 1, 2017

4. June 1, 2017  
    Me and a friend are looking for a MOP server but i've got a few questions before investing any time into this one
    Are Arenas and BG's active?
    2v2 and regulars bgs are very active- it's by far the best MoP server for that. The class abilities work very well on Frostwolf, which makes the pvp very retail-like.

5. June 2, 2017  
    In my opinion, yes.

You won't find a better server for PvE that has SoO released. I'll take staff's word for it that they are working hard on releasing HC/LFR (supposedly out later this week), and as such, will judge quality of work when its out. Still, this is likely the best realm for MoP in terms of PvE.

As for PvP... Work needs to be done. At one point in Frostwolf's history, it was by the far the best PvP realm for MoP players. Its gone a bit downhill, but I suspect (and hope) with a renewed focus on this realm, we can get back the PvP players we have lost over the year.

I still say you should level a character. If you find the end-game to be boring, you can spend your time elsewhere, knowing you have a level 90 to return to once things are better. If Icecrown's quality of scripting is anything to go, its only a matter of time before MoP will be at an outstanding level. Until then, we can only wait and see.

6. June 2, 2017  
    In my opinion, yes.

You won't find a better server for PvE that has SoO released. I'll take staff's word for it that they are working hard on releasing HC/LFR (supposedly out later this week), and as such, will judge quality of work when its out. Still, this is likely the best realm for MoP in terms of PvE.

As for PvP... Work needs to be done. At one point in Frostwolf's history, it was by the far the best PvP realm for MoP players. Its gone a bit downhill, but I suspect (and hope) with a renewed focus on this realm, we can get back the PvP players we have lost over the year.

I still say you should level a character. If you find the end-game to be boring, you can spend your time elsewhere, knowing you have a level 90 to return to once things are better. If Icecrown's quality of scripting is anything to go, its only a matter of time before MoP will be at an outstanding level. Until then, we can only wait and see.
    the realm is dead.

7. June 2, 2017  
    In my opinion, save yourself the trouble and don't bother with it, this realm was a mistake in the first place. Not dead enough yet, but soon to be, according to the current situation.

8. June 2, 2017  
    In my opinion, save yourself the trouble and don't bother with it, this realm was a mistake in the first place. Not dead enough yet, but soon to be, according to the current situation.
    Maybe if they don't make the gearing process easier in pvp and fix the SoO bugs in pve. But Proterean said they planned to implement a conquest point catchup and that they were working hard on SoO.

If those promises are kept then Frostwolf has a bright future. In pvp especially- a LOT of players fondly remember MoP (in retrospect) as being the last expansion where pvp was fun. I'm sure they would love to play on Frostwolf if the entry fee in gearing frustration wasn't so high.

Of course, Warmane deciding to market the server actively would help a lot as well. Warmane does seem to spend a good bit on coders and devs, but very little attention seems to be given to marketing.

Also, it's important to note that the term "dead" is relative and subjective. Warmane, even as things are, has a FAR more active regular bg and 2v2 arena scene than any other English-speaking MoP realm. And a lot of the guys who play those bgs and 2s are having a great time in game right now while we sit at a forum and discuss the realm's demise.

MoP pvp is really fun- I really appreciate it when I play on WOTLK's one-shot fest.
    Edited: June 2, 2017

9. June 3, 2017  
    Arenas are pretty active. I experienced a lot of world pvp while leveling. Bgs arent bad, just lots of premades. Conquest point cap doesnt scale with rating, etc. Leveling is annoying, lots of bugged quests. But ive had a very enjoyable experience all together.
    Once you make some friends or get into a decent guild, the social aspect of this realm make it a lot of fun. Even if youre american like me, its not hard to have fun here, and i play during low pop times.

10. June 3, 2017  
    in short for mists of pandaria: no

but if you like old expansions like wrath of the lich king or the burning crusade, yup

11. June 8, 2017  
    the realm is dead.
    This is exactly why the realm is "dead". The player-base on Frostwolf is literally deflecting new people from playing the server with comments like this... please, next time refrain yourself and just eat it up. As for the question, the PvP-side of the server is very active, you'll find yourself in a 10 minute bg que rarely, but otherwise 2v2 arenas and bgs are intant ques.

Sadly I can't really help you with PvE since I'm only a PvPer...

12. June 8, 2017  
    in short for mists of pandaria: no

but if you like old expansions like wrath of the lich king or the burning crusade, yup
    What was before BC?...maybe they open a realm of that too...it would be soo nice...maybe we'll play Warcraft III someday on Warmane servers!

13. June 9, 2017  
    What was before BC?...maybe they open a realm of that too...it would be soo nice...maybe we'll play Warcraft III someday on Warmane servers!
    Yes i can't wait! I miss those days of warcraft 1 onlan! And those nostalgic graphics... you can literally play it on your gameboy in africa now, imagine the hype!!

14. This is exactly why the realm is "dead". The player-base on Frostwolf is literally deflecting new people from playing the server with comments like this.
    fine, i'll name a few reasons
    1) global is a desert: except for some attentionwhores and trolls most of the times that is.
    2) there's no pve basically: most pve happens in guilds, which is good, except there are way too many social guilds around and few "dedicated" pve guilds, and even those (minus white flies) has to pug 25 modes, which either fail early on or stops at gala anyway.
    3)in depth issues with pve on mop: raiding on mop is among these really: Soo10/25 up to gala (where pugs stop, most 25 gruns stop), tot first 3-4 bosses (prideful being good enough that you don't need anything from those places except the trinkets?) and ds to get valor cap in one run. So we are talking 1-2 days playing out of a whole week. what's to do the other days? Heroic modes? which ones? not to mention devs had the AMAZING idea to share ids, so should you do tot for a trinket (or help guildies to get their trinket) and then you wanted to try hc to challenge yourself well, you're out of luck.
    4)Pvp is cool and all but: Unless you deeply enjoy doing bgs over and over and over and over again, you care little for pvp once you reach the conquest cap. And seen as most frostwolf players figured out pvp is the best way to get items, they flood the queues being undergeared. most of them don't even have the decency to have a set of crafted gear on. lost the times i've seen full panda greens players. At that point pvp is frustrating, unless you get off running around the bg chasing HKs without caring about winning the bg that is.
    5)pvp is not a real challenge either: Let's make a quick comparison with wotlk, you bust your *** off in bg to get your honor so you could buy furious gear and daily win points to save up to get wrathful items (unless you were an undedicated casual and got some relentless), then you step into the arena to get high rating, which you needed to get the best pvp items in the game, and that required being good at pvp, not just mashing buttons or casually playing pvp till you got it right (or lucky). getting full wrathful was a challenge. Now rating means nothing, you get prideful gear by doing bg up to 1800 conquest and 3-4 arena matches to cap, or not. you could get 550 ilvl by doing bg alone, no skills involved. Rating only gets you an ugly recolor of your stuff and a different glow on your enchanted weapons. That is not challenging, i love pvp but i don't play for bragging rights (which is the only thing mop gives you upon reaching high ratings in arena)

That being said, i love mop, the pvp is really fun and some raids are cool. While i'm not a big fan of the "theme" of this expansion (and how godaweful sets are, forcing you to xmog) i tend to enjoy it. But i'm hard with it, because it's flawed, you cannot deny that. the fact that pvp is good is not good enough of a reason for players to play it. And hey we have around 1k population to prove it, you think that's the fault of the people who talk bad of it? didn't think people would that that much charisma.

15. For PvP,this server is FALLING down indeed. This server is left out,i basically see zero fixes after YEAR or MONTHS of being reported. GMs will just redirect you to BugTracker,which contains at least 5 reports of almost every single bug in the game,being unconfirmed or similar. PvP is dying,no 2v2 queues that often,bg queue on alliance side is around 3-5 minutes. On horde side it's instant. As for Guilds,there are pvp guilds,pve guilds but not too many that offer you much activity. Class bugs - Yes
    Quest bugs - Anytime
    Pve script - well 50-50
    PvP script - If you don't play a overpowered class,you lose
    Realm barely reaches 1000 players...

123 Last