1. ,bg queue on alliance side is around 3-5 minutes. On horde side it's instant. As for Guilds,there are pvp guilds,pve guilds but not too many that offer you much activity. .
    Devastation on hordeside is pretty much the only guild left that has geared (they only allow one <530 ilvl member per group nowadays) premade bgs going all day long. Sad but true. But if you're in Devastation, then you can still get a lot of good bg action. I think your queue info is outdated, horde seems to have a bg queue more often than alliance now.

And here's a cold, hard fact for Frostwolf detractors. And that is that this server is the only hope left if, like me, you think that battlegrounds were at their peak in MoP. Geared players live long enough in bgs in MoP to make some decisions and play their toons before they die. WOTLK bgs seem like a bad joke in comparison. So if you like MoP bgs, you should be aware that Frostwolf is pretty much it.

Last night, I decided I'd take a fresh look at what the other prominent MoP servers had to offer in their bg scene. In one, I could never get the queue to pop because there weren't even enough players doing bgs on the entire server to make a single bg pop. That never happens on Frostwolf. On another server where most of the players are Russians, buggy bgs did pop, but I asked around a lot in the English global chat about any English speaking guilds that like to do premades and no one even responded at all, all night. Actually, I think I was the only person in English global chat because it gave me moderator privileges when I logged on. It seemed like a total ghost town as far as being able to interact socially with anyone who speaks English.

So yeah, Frostwolf pvp population has been declining since the release of Outland, but it's still going and, if you love MoP pvp, you won't help matters by trashing the one last hope you have to play the game the way you liked it. Maybe you should even consider being part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

And if any devs are reading, I will say for the umpteenth time that the major factor hindering pvp in the realm is the gearing issue, not the bug issue. You could fix every bug in the game, but the fact will still remain that most potential new players aren't going to spend the tears and frustration that is required to get geared, as things are now. If you don't want Frostwolf to look like Neltharion in a year, urgent changes are needed.
    Edited: June 12, 2017

2. Maybe you should even consider being part of the solution instead of part of the problem.
    Not aimed at Treba, just building off his suggestion here.

How to be part of the solution:

1. Report all bugs. This is imperative. I can understand the urge of not reporting bugs and exploiting them to make yourself feel good, but you're really just being pathetic by doing so. Destruction warlocks had fire and brimstone broken for 4 months and not a single warlock reported it. I saw many of the "top" players abusing the **** out of it to their delight, but apparently taking up 5 minutes to report the bug was too much trouble (or, more likely, they didn't want the bug fixed so they could keep topping BG scores)

2. Advertise the realm yourself. There's many places. I've taken up twitch streams recently to advertise the realm. Try and be creative and see what you can do.

3. Keep posting on forums. Seems to get us results, so why stop doing what works.

3. Not aimed at Treba, just building off his suggestion here.

How to be part of the solution:

1. Report all bugs. This is imperative. I can understand the urge of not reporting bugs and exploiting them to make yourself feel good, but you're really just being pathetic by doing so. Destruction warlocks had fire and brimstone broken for 4 months and not a single warlock reported it. I saw many of the "top" players abusing the **** out of it to their delight, but apparently taking up 5 minutes to report the bug was too much trouble (or, more likely, they didn't want the bug fixed so they could keep topping BG scores)

2. Advertise the realm yourself. There's many places. I've taken up twitch streams recently to advertise the realm. Try and be creative and see what you can do.

3. Keep posting on forums. Seems to get us results, so why stop doing what works.
    There's also a bug that multiples the player's attributes using the bg que system. It has been active since 2015, even though it had been mentioned, it was never fixed.

There is also an error on Warmane's part involving the bug Zen tele for monks as well as the relog res issue (which also cause a case of speed altercations and flight) People abuse this in arena, yet no word on when this will be fixed. The res issue began when we upgraded while the zen issue was from 2 changlogs ago.

4. There's also a bug that multiples the player's attributes using the bg que system. It has been active since 2015, even though it had been mentioned, it was never fixed.
    It was fixed ages ago. If you have any further proof on how one can reproduce this, PM me and I'll test it for you.

There is also an error on Warmane's part involving the bug Zen tele for monks as well as the relog res issue (which also cause a case of speed altercations and flight) People abuse this in arena, yet no word on when this will be fixed. The res issue began when we upgraded while the zen issue was from 2 changlogs ago.
    I have no idea what the bug you're talking about here is :|

If you have a step by step guide on how to reproduce it, report it on bugtracker with said guide and mark it as an exploit. Staff will likely take care of it immediately if its:
    A) Easy to reproduce
    B) Actually a bug

5. I can't help but to read Nihiala's post in Joffrey's voice lol.
    But to contribute to your topic, I'd suggest you go to a WOTLK realm. MOP is so empty at the moment that it's not worth your time and effort. However, if the population DOES somehow rise then you can roll in it anytime you want, it's really easy to catch up.

6. I can't help but to read Nihiala's post in Joffrey's voice lol.
    But to contribute to your topic, I'd suggest you go to a WOTLK realm. MOP is so empty at the moment that it's not worth your time and effort. However, if the population DOES somehow rise then you can roll in it anytime you want, it's really easy to catch up.
    If all people leave here for icecrown with the hope that its population will get some rise some time in future, the realm will get even more empty... if you look at other MoP servers you'll realize they almost have the same situation... so i guess it does worth the time if someone likes MoP.

7. If all people leave here for icecrown with the hope that its population will get some rise some time in future, the realm will get even more empty... if you look at other MoP servers you'll realize they almost have the same situation... so i guess it does worth the time if someone likes MoP.
    Hey, my comment won't reach out to all those people now, will it?
    And I agree that all the other servers have the same problem, wish that we could just scoop all the players from MOP servers and pile them into Frostwolf :(

8. There's clearly a potential for a death spiral in a private server, which is why urgent steps are needed to entice people to play here. Making the gear hurdle less steep is the biggest step they could take, imo. If people heard "you can get fully geared in a month on Frostwolf instead of 3 months" I bet a lot of them would come here.

Which raises the question: any update on the conquest catchup that was supposedly going to be released around the time of heroic SoO?

When you've got a dying patient strong medicine is needed. Not a band-aid.
    Edited: June 14, 2017

9. Treba, thank you for your comments regarding gearing. I've been checking out this and that other MoP server, that is more or less similar in scripting and population.

One thing that I never thought about before, until reading posts here on warmane, was the gearing for pvp.

The other server, that I don't know if I can name here, has catchup mechanics for not only conquest points but even the legendary cloak.

If this were one or two years ago, I wouldn't have much reservation in starting with an MoP server, since it's my favorite iteration of WoW, but seeing the declining population both here and that other server, and the new servers just launched here and that other server, I can only see more people slowly leaving.

In my mind, I have this perception that after leveling here I would have to play for like 3 months doing all conquest to the max to get full conquest gear. Again, this would be cool, as taking time to get things is actually fun and the reason many of us play these kinds of games, but if the population is going to drop any further, then it becomes much less appealing.

As it stands, I'm finding myself messing around on Icecrown then Frostwolf, mostly because it feels like retail wherever I go.

10. Treba, thank you for your comments regarding gearing. I've been checking out this and that other MoP server, that is more or less similar in scripting and population.
    Yeah, people don't decide not to play on a server because they got teleported several yards by a fear. That's one of the few class bugs that jumps out at me these days, but it's more an annoyance than anything.

People decide not to play here because the price they have to pay in gearing frustration isn't worth the benefits of playing on a smaller server. If your server is the new hotness like Outland is, you can afford to make the entry price steep. If the server is struggling, you need to sweeten the pot a bit to attract new players.

Warmane put a lot of effort into Frostwolf (not as much as they should have, but still a lot of man hours) and they only have to look at Neltharion to see what is going to happen if they just stick with the current formula. Once a decline starts, it just feeds on itself. They just kept doing the same thing they had been doing on Neltharion, and we saw how that worked out. I really hope they take a more proactive approach with Frostwolf.

11. Probably. Most of the community cease to exist now.

12. The one thing I think will never die on Frostwolf is the bg scene. And that's just because I think bgs are a lot more fun in MoP than in any of the other expansions Warmane has.

Sure, there are a lot of boring bgs on Frostwolf, but people generally live long enough to play their toons and make some decisions. It seems like truly exciting bgs happen about 5x more often on Frostwolf than on Icecrown, which is usually a one-shot fest.

In fact, I expect that a lot of the guys who have left for the TBC server will start to miss Frostwolf and come back.

13. I also thinks the game in one way gets better in every x-pack and thats in PvP. But i also have asked myself why ppl have stoped playing mop and cata. And instead just playing tbc and wotlk.

14. I also thinks the game in one way gets better in every x-pack and thats in PvP. But i also have asked myself why ppl have stoped playing mop and cata. And instead just playing tbc and wotlk.
    Did you conclude anything or?

15. I did a lot of bgs on Frostwolf over the weekend, and my impression is that the bg scene is still strong during prime-time EU hours, even with the reduced population. I did a lot of premades with my horde guild and we got instant or very fast queues with some good ally competition for most of the day.

The situation seems a good bit worse at prime time NA (my main playing time on weeknights). During that time, I'd still see strong horde premades being run, but I didn't see any on ally side.

Queues got long on hordeside so I went on my ally druid to try to get a premade going. The allies I know normally up for premades were either offline or didn't want to do bgs. No luck with global chat either. So I ended up solo queuing ally for a couple of hours, and it looks like there will be more of that if the premade scene doesn't revive on ally side. Not really good for the server, and not sustainable since queues will just get longer and longer if all the premades are hordeside. That won't be any fun for horde either- I know a ten-minute queue followed by a boring easy win is no fun.

So whisper or email me on my ally toon (Laithia) if you want to get some premades going on ally side during prime time NA hours. If not, I'll just solo queue ally, and it would be helpful if geared players who like bgs but not premades would do the same. People who like MoP pvp needs to help the server themselves- can't expect others to save it.

- edit -

I did bg all night as ally, both solo and in a premade, and I feel better about the faction balance than before. We got stomped earlier in the night but later some strong ally players logged on and the tables were turned. Which is pretty much the way it's always been- don't think the ally bg side is dying, even during NA prime time. Still, I do think it would be smart for those with toons on both factions to play the one that needs the help the most at a given time.
    Edited: June 20, 2017

First 123 Last