1. June 1, 2017  
    Bribing people to play Alliance? I don't think greed is the route to take, I'm afraid. Greed is what caused this situation in the first place.
    I personally don't have a better suggestion, it'l definitely need more thought.

I personally wanted to play Alliance regardless of Racials, but after playing the PTR and having actually played each race it's clearer than ever how much of advantage you obtain just by simply creating a horde character.

A good example being able to torrent mobs to group them w/o having ranged interupts in the group, that's absolutely massive. I know everyone else understands this, hence why we're having this discussion in the first place.

Bribery might actually be required, or possibly allowing you to pick and choose your racials somehow on the Website. It may break immersion but it would certainly give a clear balance, which we desperately need at this point.

2. June 1, 2017  
    Bribing people to play Alliance? I don't think greed is the route to take, I'm afraid. Greed is what caused this situation in the first place.

Incentives we apply, if we apply them, won't address things like mount costs. Those things are arbitrary and silly, honestly. If we're going to make custom changes, we may as well address the root of the issue: Will of the Forsaken. And by that, I mean addressing the Alliance's lack of a counterpart to it. But that will be a last resort, most likely.
    That's what I assumed. I figured custom changes to racials would be the absolute last resort, due to wanting to be as close to blizzlike as possible.

Also do you have any information regarding how they'll be able to implement a faction based queue?
    With being able to create both horde and alliance on the same account, I imagine it's not going to be an easy fix.

3. June 1, 2017  
    Also consider the current countermeasure is temporary and intended to prevent the problem from becoming worse.

Bribery might actually be required, or possibly allowing you to pick and choose your racials somehow on the Website. It may break immersion but it would certainly give a clear balance, which we desperately need at this point.
    If it comes to doing custom things to address the faction imbalance, I'd lean more towards the implementation of some form of Every Man for Himself. Of course, IF (not saying we are) we take this route, there would be no coming back from it. Which is why it's a last resort.
    Also do you have any information regarding how they'll be able to implement a faction based queue?
    With being able to create both horde and alliance on the same account, I imagine it's not going to be an easy fix.
    We're not entirely sure how we'll handle it at this point, but we are definitely looking into creating a faction population cap. We definitely would want to try this in the place of preventing Horde character creation - but it's something that requires development time, while the character creation is just a switch to flip.

4. June 1, 2017  
    If it comes to doing custom things to address the faction imbalance, I'd lean more towards the implementation of some form of Every Man for Himself. Of course, IF (not saying we are) we take this route, there would be no coming back from it. Which is why it's a last resort.
    This honestly feels quite fair. Thank you for putting thought into it.

Also, is there any plans on fixxing reputation and flight path loses upon switching factions?

5. June 1, 2017  
    How long will this quarantine take place? I wanna start tomorrow and it seems like i've been barred from playing completely. Needless to say i disagree with the choice you've made.

6. June 1, 2017  
    How long will this quarantine take place? I wanna start tomorrow and it seems like i've been barred from playing completely. Needless to say i disagree with the choice you've made.
    I don't see if ending before other measures are taken to further push factions into a state much closer to balance.

7. June 1, 2017  
    Also consider the current countermeasure is temporary and intended to prevent the problem from becoming worse.

We're not entirely sure how we'll handle it at this point, but we are definitely looking into creating a faction population cap. We definitely would want to try this in the place of preventing Horde character creation - but it's something that requires development time, while the character creation is just a switch to flip.
    The issue with this is if you make every man for himself, is simply all pve players will simply stay horde and all pvp players would feel forced to roll alliance and we would still have an imbalance.

genuinely i do not envy the position you are in right now and i think removing racials so there is no racial impact on pve and pvp is more beneficial than giving alliance an even better one than horde.

removing racials means no more horde favoritism for pve and pvp and not adding EMFH means not every pvp'er rolling ally and imbalancing the server in other ways.

8. June 1, 2017  
    The issue with this is if you make every man for himself, is simply all pve players will simply stay horde and all pvp players would feel forced to roll alliance and we would still have an imbalance.

genuinely i do not envy the position you are in right now and i think removing racials so there is no racial impact on pve and pvp is more beneficial than giving alliance an even better one than horde.

removing racials means no more horde favoritism for pve and pvp and not adding EMFH means not every pvp'er rolling ally and imbalancing the server in other ways.
    EMFH is not better than TBC WotF, it was better than nerfed WotF (which just removed effects) but that doesn't really change your point - PvE is still superior as Horde, and we'd be better off simply removing them.

However, implementing EMFH would give incentive to changing faction, something that is needed at this point to reach a balance. Simply removing racials might make some people change to a race/faction they prefer, but it'll probably not be enough.

9. June 1, 2017  
    I dont think racials play that much of a factor in people choosing to play horde or alliance. For the sake of argument lets say it does, what is the % of people that will effect? I'm willing to bet it is not high. I bet the pvp community make up probably 10% of both horde and alliance.

10. June 1, 2017  
    EMFH is not better than TBC WotF, it was better than nerfed WotF (which just removed effects) but that doesn't really change your point - PvE is still superior as Horde, and we'd be better off simply removing them.

However, implementing EMFH would give incentive to changing faction, something that is needed at this point to reach a balance. Simply removing racials might make some people change to a race/faction they prefer, but it'll probably not be enough.
    afaik nerfed WOTF didnt remove anything it made it so WOTF and trinket shared a CD, basically making WOTF obsolete, whereas EMFH also shared a CD but removed everything so you basically just slotted double trinkets instead of having to have an insignia of horde/alliance in one of the slots.

its been a while so i can't remember if that is exaclty correct.

11. June 1, 2017  
    afaik nerfed WOTF didnt remove anything it made it so WOTF and trinket shared a CD, basically making WOTF obsolete, whereas EMFH also shared a CD but removed everything so you basically just slotted double trinkets instead of having to have an insignia of horde/alliance in one of the slots.

WoLK made it so that WotF, rather than making you immune for 5 seconds, just removed the effects. The shared CD you speak of was that the trinket incurred a 30s CD on WotF, not shared entirely. I don't remember if that came with WoLK though.

12. June 1, 2017  

13. June 1, 2017  
    I dont think racials play that much of a factor in people choosing to play horde or alliance. For the sake of argument lets say it does, what is the % of people that will effect? I'm willing to bet it is not high. I bet the pvp community make up probably 10% of both horde and alliance.

racials are the deciding factor for many people on private servers, in TBC if you wanna pve or pvp horde are just better, doesnt matter by how much or little, the fact is they are in general better, so hardcore pvp and pve players roll horde, all the streamers and content creators roll horde, and then all the random members who don't know what to roll, go horde because they see posts/guides/streamers they know all going horde, all of this spawning 100% from racials.

if racials were gone outside of the priest racial abilities and pally then it would be about flavour and not much more and would be far more balanced.

i mean imagine someone offers you 10$ or euro or whatever, and in the other hand they offer you 15$, both are good choices and both you would be better off, but one choice leaves you better off than the other, of course most people will pick that choice.

racials are literally offering advantages to one faction in both main areas of the game over the other, so most people pick it

14. June 1, 2017  
    WoLK made it so that WotF, rather than making you immune for 5 seconds, just removed the effects. The shared CD you speak of was that the trinket incurred a 30s CD on WotF, not shared entirely. I don't remember if that came with WoLK though.
    it was a mid 3.x change, afair 3.2

15. June 1, 2017  

WotF in TBC also prevents the effects it applies to for a few seconds.

First 123412 ... Last