1. June 1, 2017  
    racials are the deciding factor for many people on private servers, in TBC if you wanna pve or pvp horde are just better, doesnt matter by how much or little, the fact is they are in general better, so hardcore pvp and pve players roll horde, all the streamers and content creators roll horde, and then all the random members who don't know what to roll, go horde because they see posts/guides/streamers they know all going horde, all of this spawning 100% from racials.

if racials were gone outside of the priest racial abilities and pally then it would be about flavour and not much more and would be far more balanced.

i mean imagine someone offers you 10$ or euro or whatever, and in the other hand they offer you 15$, both are good choices and both you would be better off, but one choice leaves you better off than the other, of course most people will pick that choice.

racials are literally offering advantages to one faction in both main areas of the game over the other, so most people pick it
    The problem with this is that there wouldn't be any incentive to roll Alliance after already being Horde.

2. June 1, 2017  
    generally incentivising people over forbidding them leads to better results, i think the faction-specific que would be ideal (just forbid non-premiums from creating toons on both factions i guess?)

3. June 1, 2017  
    The problem with this is that there wouldn't be any incentive to roll Alliance after already being Horde.
    this is true to an extent, i feel a lot of pvp players would go alliance for shorter queues but not enough to balance pop, and as you say horde pve players or players who enjoy the larger pop and easier grouping would not change probably

4. June 1, 2017  
    Bribing people to play Alliance? I don't think greed is the route to take, I'm afraid. Greed is what caused this situation in the first place.

Incentives we apply, if we apply them, won't address things like mount costs. Those things are arbitrary and silly, honestly. If we're going to make custom changes, we may as well address the root of the issue: Will of the Forsaken. And by that, I mean addressing the Alliance's lack of a counterpart to it. But that will be a last resort, most likely.
    How is lowering mount cost silly? I would roll more Alliance if I got cheaper/free mounts at 30, even giving Alliance higher exp gains would work, I know many people would because it makes leveling easier which makes people want to play it, common sense really.

5. June 1, 2017  
    How is lowering mount cost silly? I would roll more Alliance if I got cheaper/free mounts at 30, even giving Alliance higher exp gains would work, I know many people would because it makes leveling easier which makes people want to play it, common sense really.
    Because it's arbitrary and unfair in the wrong sort of way.

6. June 1, 2017  
    the thing is this may have helped at launch but as mercy has been pointing out, at the current state none of this will now make enough people change from horde.

7. June 1, 2017  
    Because it's arbitrary and unfair in the wrong sort of way.
    Being outnumbered 10:1 is also unfair and was the main reason why more and more people went Horde, I know I rolled two more Horde because of it, closing the Horde creation isn't going to do much if anything, they're already created and pillaging the world, need more perks to switch to Alliance or it's not going to balance any time soon.

8. June 1, 2017  
    If anything it's gonna piss off the already max level Hordies that want their friends to make toons here and can't, I feel like we're going to see more ganks now.

Prepare to be boarded fellas, the Horde is coming to our leveling zones to stomp us out. :(

9. June 1, 2017  
    also just to point out WOTF is not the be all and end all problem, the main issues are:

Orc - Blood fury is amazing for pve dps and still good for pvp, hardiness is OP for classes that suffer against rogues (like locks or hunters caught unaware) and the pet damage helps too

Belf - if you have to play a pala and u wanna pvp the silence is very good here.

Troll - fantastic caster racial, not great in pvp over others but if you like pve and pvp and your a troll, its still an on demand dps/hps/burst CD.

Undead- Of course WOTF, literally destroys certain classes (priests and locks) and gives you immunity as well, its not great in every situation but it is OP is some.

alliance have no active dps racials, no big passive racials like hardiness, and very lackluster and niche actives.

so simply adding EMFH or focusing on WOTF as the root of the issue will not have the big effect people seem to think it will.

10. June 1, 2017  
    the thing is this may have helped at launch but as mercy has been pointing out, at the current state none of this will now make enough people change from horde.
    ^ Exactly.
    If anything it's gonna piss off the already max level Hordies that want their friends to make toons here and can't, I feel like we're going to see more ganks now.

Prepare to be boarded fellas, the Horde is coming to our leveling zones to stomp us out. :(
    It doesn't matter. Anything we do now will piss off someone.

11. June 1, 2017  
    ^ Exactly.

I don't get why you guys think closing Horde creation is going to do anything but okay, no point in arguing with someone when they don't see the real issue, guess I'll go back to leveling and hope something changes to actually fix the problem..

12. June 1, 2017  
    ^ Exactly.

I do not envy the situation you guys are in... all I can say is I am alliance and I am happy that at least some attempts are being make to even the playing field. I appreciate it and wish you guys nothing but the best

13. June 1, 2017  
    We're not entirely sure how we'll handle it at this point, but we are definitely looking into creating a faction population cap. We definitely would want to try this in the place of preventing Horde character creation - but it's something that requires development time, while the character creation is just a switch to flip.
    So i'll have to wait 5 hrs of queue justo to get into another 5 hrs of faction queue?

14. June 1, 2017  
    I don't get why you guys think closing Horde creation is going to do anything but okay, no point in arguing with someone when they don't see the real issue, guess I'll go back to leveling and hope something changes to actually fix the problem..
    No more Horde characters = Horde population can't grow further/Alliance players can't ditch the faction to take the easy-mode option.

15. June 1, 2017  
    No more Horde characters = Horde population can't grow further/Alliance players can't ditch the faction to take the easy-mode option.
    They've already taken the easy mode option, I bet you 90%+ of every Alliance has a Horde toon, I get what you're saying but you did it way too late in the game, you should have done it when we were complaining about it day 2 but now it's too late to see a major change with this "fix".

First 12345 ... Last