1. June 1, 2017  
    PVE will never work for a private TBC server as outland as blizzard intended is designed with 2k-2.5k people in mind and not 7k+ people, at least with a balanced population on a pvp server, you can fight over resources in the real (not instanced) world, with a pve server good luck farming or doing anything while competing with 7000 people.

that is by far the fastest way to kill the server
    Ironically Alliance has to fight not only it's own faction but the thousands other Horde that want that mining node in Hellfire. On a server this size you'll be fighting over spawns no matter what.

Least until balanced.

And the temp pve was more to stop Horde ganking in huge numbers so Alli can level and increase their side. Fair bit of people give up when camped by 20 Horde all day.

2. June 1, 2017  
    We've given them solutions over and over and over but they don't listen, they do what THEY want not what WE want, the players and payers.

It has been suggested MANY MANY times since the second or third day of launch and it was to make the server PvE for a while so people could actually level up on Alliance to meet the balance with Horde players at 70 but they ignore it and scoff at the idea.

Also, giving free mounts at 30 or higher experience gains for Alliance would make people switch and let Alliance level up quicker, I really don't care if they think it's a crap idea because it's not, they just don't want the people that already got destroyed while leveling to get mad which is dumb because it's making lower levels not play and it's making people quit.

So who do you want to piss off? The 70s that won't quit just because they had to buy their first mount (I'm a mage and I bought mine btw) or the new people that can't level because it's already excruciatingly slow to level because of walking AND being ganked all day that WILL quit because they're still not even level cap and have nothing to lose?
    the thing is even if every alliance did not get ganked, got to 70 and got there free mount, you still would not have anywhere close to balance, as the issue is better racials for pve and pvp which is what causes the imbalance, and honestly imbalance is a bigger issue at 70 than it is levelling up, you can literally level up easily without seeing many horde if you avoid, STV, Tanaris, Ungoro, the western part of zangarmarsh or nagrand, you can do hellfire ok, eastern part of zangar, terrokar, and blades edge.

the issue gets worse at 70 because soon dailies come out, GL with that as ally, crafting mats from the real world, no chance and so on.

people talking about levelling issues or whaterver is such a minor part of the problem, it is neither the root of the issue or even a growing part of it, as sooner or later people get to 70 anyway.

racials are the root cause, and post 70 pvp and real world farming or real world acitivities are the issues ebcause of it

3. June 1, 2017  
    Delete all racials and give everyone free race and faction change for one week. I wanted to start today and create an horde - not for the racials but because I enjoy it more than alliance ( model looks, story, cities) but I guess not.

4. June 1, 2017  
    faction % cap like 45-55 or something with faction based queues (even for donors) is the only option at this point.
    another option would be banning autistic horde 70s griefing in low level areas, coz they make even more people on alliance side leaving the server.

5. June 1, 2017  
    Yes I am surprised because if the purpose of this thread is to just talk about the proposed solution without considering the potential issues with it as RustCohle so kindly layed out, then providing a sarcastic response doesn't really help deal with the problem either now does it?

Nether are snide remark comebacks from a staff member who isn't even playing Outland alliance. It's great to be appreciative, specially when from a launching standpoint what is being proposed sounds like a great idea but people who raise issues with it shouldn't be so blindly ignored either.

Sometimes old things have to keep getting brought up in order for them to get addressed as is now evident 2 weeks later.
    You consider that telling someone they are correct in going level if their contribution is amounting to nothing new is "sarcastic" and "snide"? The problem is on your end. With your tone, you might want to reconsider not being leveling, though. I wouldn't want to surprise you further, since you apparently don't know me.

6. June 1, 2017  
    My suggestion: Increase cooldown on every horde racial by 2 min and you'll see the change you want.

7. June 1, 2017  
    My suggestion: Increase cooldown on every horde racial by 2 min and you'll see the change you want.
    You could make the Horde racials a 10 min cd and you won't see the change you're talking about, it's STILL a dps increase, messing with racials isn't going to change anything when it comes to balance.

Punishing the Horde isn't the way to make people play Alliance, giving incentive to switch is.

8. June 1, 2017  
    You consider that telling someone they are correct in going level if their contribution is amounting to nothing new is "sarcastic" and "snide"? The problem is on your end. With your tone, you might want to reconsider not being leveling, though. I wouldn't want to surprise you further, since you apparently don't know me.
    I know you well enough to know that you're better and smarter than this. I've alwys respected you and the way you mod the forums. As far as 'knowing' you, I know well enough to know that you will ban me if you deem necessary as you did on my account under the name Kasumii.

This being said, I also don't scare so easily over the threat of a ban since the rest of the community seems to already be raising valid issues related and otherwise. I'm just one voice of many. If you must silence me I will hold no ill will over you doing your job. Just know that you can't silence them all and I feel sorry that it's just you and Mercy doing all the hard work while everyone else hides in the shadows leaving you two to deal with the **** storm on the forums that no one else seems to want to keep clean.

I wish you mods had a better voice among the staff but such is a pipe dream of wishful thinking.

9. June 1, 2017  
    You could make the Horde racials a 10 min cd and you won't see the change you're talking about, it's STILL a dps increase, messing with racials isn't going to change anything when it comes to balance.

Punishing the Horde isn't the way to make people play Alliance, giving incentive to switch is.
    Except this is a high rate server, not many things you could give out without ****ing up the balance majorly.

Or just give alliance wotf.

10. June 1, 2017  
    Except this is a high rate server, not many things you could give out without ****ing up the balance majorly.

Or just give alliance wotf.
    It has been stated 500000 times since launch, make the server PvE for a while to let Alliance catch up and it will even out enough since a good portion of Horde right now are Alliance rerolls that didn't wanna get camped six hours a day on their way to 70.

11. June 1, 2017  
    I vote for this too (remove all racials, free reroll). Best solution for long term. (with the current restriction + queue restrict while it's needed)

Others like free or cheaper stuff for alliance is short term. (months)
    EMFH -> worried that most of the top pvpers reroll human -> top50 arena team ally + maybe even bg-s were inbalanced cuz more skilled players in ally. (also not solve the world ganking)

12. June 1, 2017  
    I vote for this too (remove all racials, free reroll). Best solution for long term. (with the current restriction + queue restrict while it's needed)

Others like free or cheaper stuff for alliance is short term. (months)
    EMFH -> worried that most of the top pvpers reroll human -> top50 arena team ally + maybe even bg-s were inbalanced cuz more skilled players in ally. (also not solve the world ganking)
    you haven't quoted or said what you are agreeing with here, maybe can edit to elaborate.

13. June 1, 2017  
    I know you well enough to know that you're better and smarter than this. I've alwys respected you and the way you mod the forums. As far as 'knowing' you, I know well enough to know that you will ban me if you deem necessary as you did on my account under the name Kasumii.

This being said, I also don't scare so easily over the threat of a ban since the rest of the community seems to already be raising valid issues related and otherwise. I'm just one voice of many. If you must silence me I will hold no ill will over you doing your job. Just know that you can't silence them all and I feel sorry that it's just you and Mercy doing all the hard work while everyone else hides in the shadows leaving you two to deal with the **** storm on the forums that no one else seems to want to keep clean.

I wish you mods had a better voice among the staff but such is a pipe dream of wishful thinking.
    I don't bother scaring people, I'm not a bouncer. I do give a heads-up to people who might expect a Moderator used to looking the other way or "giving the other cheek," though. We can forward issues and complains, and we do. But repetition and doomsaying aren't useful. Even more so when someone is for a ****ing change saying thanks and recognizing we aren't turning a blind eye, but pushing for remedying the situation one step at a time. It's not enough? I know, but for ****s sake, give us a break too. Don't forget that this and any measure to avoid this before it happened, in the end of the day, would be just fixing a **** up created by players and cattle mentality too - one that they knew would happen, and most gladly dived head-first to make sure it happened.

14. June 1, 2017  
    I don't bother scaring people, I'm not a bouncer..
    Good I'm glad we're on the same page cause I honestly have nothing against you personally.

I do give a heads-up to people who might expect a Moderator used to looking the other way or "giving the other cheek," though. We can forward issues and complains, and we do. But repetition and doomsaying aren't useful. Even more so when someone is for a ****ing change saying thanks and recognizing we aren't turning a blind eye, but pushing for remedying the situation one step at a time. It's not enough? I know, but for ****s sake, give us a break too. Don't forget that this and any measure to avoid this before it happened, in the end of the day, would be just fixing a **** up created by players and cattle mentality too - one that they knew would happen, and most gladly dived head-first to make sure it happened.
    I don't forget or disregard the work and efforts of the forum moderators who imho are by far the hardest working team from the project staff. Your frustration is greatly understood from my end here and I'll even say you guys don't get enough appreciation for your efforts. Most community members have no idea where job roles and responsibility lines are drawn.

I took the time to get more familiar with what I mentioned above, hence my acknowledgement of the efforts you and Mercy attempt to provide for a better project and forum environment. Hang tight bud, I know you're giving it your best.

15. June 1, 2017  
    I don't bother scaring people, I'm not a bouncer. I do give a heads-up to people who might expect a Moderator used to looking the other way or "giving the other cheek," though. We can forward issues and complains, and we do. But repetition and doomsaying aren't useful. Even more so when someone is for a ****ing change saying thanks and recognizing we aren't turning a blind eye, but pushing for remedying the situation one step at a time. It's not enough? I know, but for ****s sake, give us a break too. Don't forget that this and any measure to avoid this before it happened, in the end of the day, would be just fixing a **** up created by players and cattle mentality too - one that they knew would happen, and most gladly dived head-first to make sure it happened.
    I don't think the real perpetrators of the issue are the players who are most affected by it, aka alliance players. If anything they alleviate the problem as much as they can by continuing to play alliance. I'm not sure why you seem to be painting them as the culprit here when solutions were possible prior to server launching. I'm a little surprised at your response.

First ... 34567 ... Last