1. June 1, 2017  
    If anything it's gonna piss off the already max level Hordies that want their friends to make toons here and can't, I feel like we're going to see more ganks now.
    Well, seeing that I can't make an alt I want to play, this becomes a problem because when I'm bored of playing my level 70 (questing, dungeons etc). It's either log out, or go and start slaughtering low level allies out of frustration. And I really don't want to be that guy.

2. June 1, 2017  
    What if they could implement like 1 alliance char instant 58 boost per account or something? boost to 58 with a mount, skills, bags and some gold to get started in Outland immediately. just a suggestion if it would be possible
    They've said they don't want any incentives that have to do with greed, but rather attack the problem (racials) directly. So that's unlikely.

3. June 1, 2017  
    Then we don't disagree that much. I personally believe the advantage in PvP is the main concern of a small part of the equation - not that many people dedicate themselves exclusively to PvP and nothing else to blindly decide with only that in mind and nothing else, the impact of the "everyone is doing it" being much larger... just look at how the main complain isn't "do something, Horde keeps winning in a fair fight," yeah? I'd like to believe good PvPers can balance out superior skill, class choices and group composition to beat people who just rely on racials for an "edge." Because that's what it is at most, an edge, not a sure win, not a Nuke-U button.

Either way, once more, I'm not saying that we shouldn't have reacted faster. I'm not diverting blame or pointing fingers. I'm just reminding that it's a blame shared, by those who didn't react faster and by those who created the need for a reaction. That's just a fact, not an excuse.

Except it certainly something people care about, hence having an impact on faction balance.

If thats the case why is he in here saying faction balance is half the players fault? perhaps in essence it is, but really putting blame on your customer for making the intelligent decision at the faction screen obviously isnt going to rub people the right way.
    The faction imbalance happened because of cattle mentality for the most part. Even people who don't PvP preferred to go Horde simply because the herd was headed that way and it was less troublesome to do that. If that was an isolated case you could call it an "intelligent decision," but when it's a growing flood of the same, it becomes nothing more than "the problem feeding itself." Also, I don't care about "rubbing people the right way," I'm just stating a simple truth.

4. June 1, 2017  
    Hot idea: Prevent any new chars of both faction from being created on Outlands, and increase exp gains from quests for Medivh, lasting a total of up to a week. Therefore, people are automatically funneled into Medivh to help with our dreadful low pop while being incentivized to stay/play with a higher rate of gained experience (since 1x seems to turn off alot of people).

5. June 1, 2017  
    And being that tomorrow is friday with the weekend coming up, this would be the best window of opportunity. At least the situation could be monitored for the weekend to see if it makes an impact.

6. June 1, 2017  
    Then we don't disagree that much. I personally believe the advantage in PvP is the main concern of a small part of the equation - not that many people dedicate themselves exclusively to PvP and nothing else to blindly decide with only that in mind and nothing else, the impact of the "everyone is doing it" being much larger... just look at how the main complain isn't "do something, Horde keeps winning in a fair fight," yeah? I'd like to believe good PvPers can balance out superior skill, class choices and group composition to beat people who just rely on racials for an "edge." Because that's what it is at most, an edge, not a sure win, not a Nuke-U button.

Either way, once more, I'm not saying that we shouldn't have reacted faster. I'm not diverting blame or pointing fingers. I'm just reminding that it's a blame shared, by those who didn't react faster and by those who created the need for a reaction. That's just a fact, not an excuse.

The faction imbalance happened because of cattle mentality for the most part. Even people who don't PvP preferred to go Horde simply because the herd was headed that way and it was less troublesome to do that. If that was an isolated case you could call it an "intelligent decision," but when it's a growing flood of the same, it becomes nothing more than "the problem feeding itself." Also, I don't care about "rubbing people the right way," I'm just stating a simple truth.
    What you call cattle mentality is a wise decision. Top PvPers go horde, top PvEers go horde, why would you be the ***** who goes Alliance, when that means you have less (good) people to PvP or raid with? Not to mention more people generally around, for easier leveling or grouping.

7. June 1, 2017  
    What you call cattle mentality is a wise decision.
    Top PvPers go horde, top PvEers go horde, why would you be the ***** who doesn't follows the herd.
    That yummy irony.

8. June 1, 2017  
    people really underestimate berserking and blood fury in pve, if you are a pve player in a guild who is aiming to clear content, more often than not you are told as a dps to roll orc if you are a non caster or troll for caster, unless you are a belf pala dps (not so common) or a druid. if you time your racial with trinkets and one of the bloodlusts you will be given, your raid dps basically goes up to the point its like having another 1 or 2 dps there, and if your raid dps increases that much, often you can drop a healer cause stuff is dying so fast and take another dps. meaning a good organised horde guild can in theory have the dps equivilant of 2-3 people over an optimised alliance guild, this is by no means a small or insignificant thing.

yes in retail or in more casual guilds this is not as evident as people play race/class combos that are not always optimal for pve, but many guilds do and people who are serious about pve or pve will pick horde and then they write guides or videos saying horde is best and people follow suit.

9. June 1, 2017  
    People were initially headed that way because of the racials and everyone followed accordingly. Obviously there is a causation of said cattle mentality and it is undoubtedly the op racials. Everyone else who doesnt cares about the racials goes horde just so its easy for them.

People only care about themselves they dont care about the health of the server. if they can roll horde and never experience the problem they are amplifying wtf do they care. Thankfully they cant anymore, of course.

in short, if you were expecting people to not go horde for the health of the server,even though it was in their best interest, lol.
    Edited: June 1, 2017

10. June 1, 2017  
    That yummy irony.
    Point is, if its more beneficial for individual for whatever reasons to do X, its not 'cattle mentality'. Cattle mentality would be someone doing X without any logical reason, but because others are doing it.

11. June 1, 2017  
    I think this is a good start with faction change from warmane staff.

Even that this wont totally fix the problem, i believe it will prevent it from getting much worse. Of course this may piss of some ppl. Everything pisses some ppl off.

Thank you staff for adressing this issue.

12. June 1, 2017  
    Point is, if its more beneficial for individual for whatever reasons to do X, its not 'cattle mentality'. Cattle mentality would be someone doing X without any logical reason, but because others are doing it.
    I'm sure if cows could talk, they'd say "of course I'll follow the top bull, it's beneficial for me because he's the top bull, it's just logical to follow the top bull since he's the top bull, all other cows told me the top bull knows best and I'd be lost without follow the top bull."

13. June 1, 2017  
    @obnoxious, i think the real problem here is that you guys didn't listen to the community from the start on this issue. Pretty much every TBC private server that ever launched had big balance issues, but you chose to ignore that and the community. And why didn't you guys do anything when it became obvious on the very first day that the situation would be the same on warmane as it was on other tbc servers? You have to listen to your community more and respond quicker, that's the real lesson here. And like mercy said, this isn't the job for moderators but for the community manager and that's proterean as far as i know.

14. June 1, 2017  
    @obnoxious, i think the real problem here is that you guys didn't listen to the community from the start on this issue.
    To be fair to him, it's not his job to listen to the community. Only to make sure the forum rules are properly enforced.

Pretty much every TBC private server that ever launched had big balance issues, but you chose to ignore that and the community. And why didn't you guys do anything when it became obvious on the very first day that the situation would be the same on warmane as it was on other tbc servers?
    I'll have to repeat again that's not the job role responsibility of a forum moderator.

You have to listen to your community more and respond quicker, that's the real lesson here. And like mercy said, this isn't the job for moderators but for the community manager and that's proterean as far as i know.
    This is the kind of thing you address to a community manager who can speak on bealf of the other teams for the project so I'm glad you're acknowlding that here finally. I would say the same to everyone else who's quoting him: "It's not his fault." Direct your concerns to the appropriate party, they can't force him to come here and post sadly.

15. June 1, 2017  
    Increase cooldown on horde racials that are op. Disabling horde creation was a good idea as well. I dont think 2x exp for alliance would be a bad thing either.

First ... 56789 ... Last