1. June 1, 2017  
    They've already taken the easy mode option, I bet you 90%+ of every Alliance has a Horde toon, I get what you're saying but you did it way too late in the game, you should have done it when we were complaining about it day 2 but now it's too late to see a major change with this "fix".
    Well, if you just want to be negative about any attempt or first step we take, maybe you should just go back to leveling indeed.

2. June 1, 2017  
    Well, if you just want to be negative about any attempt or first step we take, maybe you should just go back to leveling indeed.
    I'm not trying to be negative, I love the Alliance, I still have my mage there, I just want some real action put in place, not a band-aid on a broken leg.

3. June 1, 2017  
    Although I know this is completely above your pay grade or control I'm surprised at your reaction to a community member's concerns. If the issue had been taken more seriously when inital posts came up people would have less problems with the suggestions being implemented. I actually like what is being proposed and it seems like a good way to keep the balance.

However, he's expressing that these steps came a little too late. As a forum moderator that's not your fault but unless you're actually playing on Outland alliance and trying to level like the others I'd go as far as to say you have no idea what people are complaining about if you haven't experienced it yourself.

Just my 2 cents.

4. June 1, 2017  
    Queue on horde would rustle some jimmies in a good way-

5. June 1, 2017  
    yes, faction specific que seems like a very good way to incentivise new players to roll A

6. June 1, 2017  
    Open a vendor for alliance only giving free T4 and kara weapons/gear, that'll fix it in about 8 seconds

7. June 1, 2017  
    Fairly sure any sort of queue after the character selection screen would require custom game client, and would be well beyond the character model types of modifications we see in most "custom clients".

8. June 1, 2017  
    Although I know this is completely above your pay grade or control I'm surprised at your reaction to a community member's concerns. If the issue had been taken more seriously when inital posts came up people would have less problems with the suggestions being implemented. I actually like what is being proposed and it seems like a good way to keep the balance.

However, he's expressing that these steps came a little too late. As a forum moderator that's not your fault but unless you're actually playing on Outland alliance and trying to level like the others I'd go as far as to say you have no idea what people are complaining about if you haven't experienced it yourself.

Just my 2 cents.
    If you ask Obnoxious i am sure he will confirm me and him had a rocky introduction after i started on warmane and posting on forums, let's just say we did not see eye to eye on this very topic, however, it has to be said so many people are being overly critical here, as he corrected me earlier, this is a first step to halt the imbalance, this is not a fix in any way shape or form, it is simply a stop to it getting any worse, what comes next is hopefully the fixes or re balancing.

and to quote, this is not a "band aid on a broken leg" this is more like pinching an artery to stop someone bleeding out or losing more blood while you get them to a hospital for real treatment that will fix the damage.

i have been quite vocal with actual suggestions on top of my constructive criticism and i ask you all to do the same rather than just QQ, at this point we all know it is very imbalanced.

i mean i could talk all day about how faction changing gives and advanatage to horde who got easy levelling, mat farming and rep farming

or how pvp is imbalanced because the average horde has better gear again due to easier time finding deungeons, more kara groups, more access to farm or buy cheaper crafting mats and so on.

but when we mention these things we need to also try to put forward solutions and not just list the issues again and again.

Personally i think the best long term thing is to just relaunch the server with faction balance systems in place, and look into balancing racials, as i genuinely feel, pve, pvp and crafting, gold farming, rep and just overall perception is skewed so much in favor of horde it is too complicated to fix and relaunch would be best.

9. June 1, 2017  
    I wonder how many who are on the Horde are just leveling to xfer to alliance at lvl 70?
    As it stand now you will need about 4-5k new alliance players to get close to a balance

Only think i can think of that will STOP the Horde ganking is Temp or Permanent PVE server

Unless you are lucky to get those 4-5k new alliance players real soon.

10. June 1, 2017  
    Is the character transfer service ever gonna change to something ppl would actually consider ? Most won't do it simply because of how it is implemented. Alliance mages with horde portals doesn't sound appealing.

Don't you think you should allow players with a lvl 70 horde char or whatever requirement to create alts / bank alts on the same account ? It's not gonna make the unbalance worse if 1 player is online on a lvl 1, 20 or 70 character, all being from the same account...

The way it's designed is quite poor if you consider you are allowing 1 player to have 5, 10 horde characters online at the same time, but you aren't allowing 1 player to make an alt on the same account that isn't affecting balance at all.
    Edited: June 1, 2017

11. June 1, 2017  

Just my 2 cents.
    You are surprised that I agree with someone who says he's better off going level, when all he is doing is being negative and complaining about the steps we are taking to deal with a problem? Tears aren't contributing to the topic, which was someone being appreciative that we are trying to remedy the situation, for a change. He isn't saying anything new - to the Forums or his own posts. So, yes, if that's all he has to add, I'll agree that he's better off leveling instead.

12. June 1, 2017  
    I totally get that Warmane will want faction balance but there are some unintended consequences to this decision.

1. Players who spammed character creation are now given the opportunity to make a LOT of coins selling their horde alts. Way more if they get them to 70.
    2. Players who already have lvl 70 Horde characters on the account are now unable to level or donate to get BIS alts or even profession alts.

To correct this I suggest the following:

1. Freeze the sale of Horde characters on the trade market for both Horde and Alliance until you find that there is faction stability. This prevents unintentional inflation of characters.
    2. Allow characters who have 70 accts horde side to roll alts without any consequence.

I have many bis characters on Icecrown through donation so that I could pass loot to guildies while supporting Warmane. Many of those started as bank alts... and I do intend to insta70 at least two more characters to get BIS pre-T5 for alt raids... and that is now on hold until we can get new toons Horde side.

13. June 1, 2017  
    I wonder how many who are on the Horde are just leveling to xfer to alliance at lvl 70?
    As it stand now you will need about 4-5k new alliance players to get close to a balance

Only think i can think of that will STOP the Horde ganking is Temp or Permanent PVE server

Unless you are lucky to get those 4-5k new alliance players real soon.

PVE will never work for a private TBC server as outland as blizzard intended is designed with 2k-2.5k people in mind and not 7k+ people, at least with a balanced population on a pvp server, you can fight over resources in the real (not instanced) world, with a pve server good luck farming or doing anything while competing with 7000 people.

that is by far the fastest way to kill the server

14. June 1, 2017  
    If you ask Obnoxious i am sure he will confirm me and him had a rocky introduction after i started on warmane and posting on forums, let's just say we did not see eye to eye on this very topic, however, it has to be said so many people are being overly critical here, as he corrected me earlier, this is a first step to halt the imbalance, this is not a fix in any way shape or form, it is simply a stop to it getting any worse, what comes next is hopefully the fixes or re balancing.

and to quote, this is not a "band aid on a broken leg" this is more like pinching an artery to stop someone bleeding out or losing more blood while you get them to a hospital for real treatment that will fix the damage.

i have been quite vocal with actual suggestions on top of my constructive criticism and i ask you all to do the same rather than just QQ, at this point we all know it is very imbalanced.

i mean i could talk all day about how faction changing gives and advanatage to horde who got easy levelling, mat farming and rep farming

or how pvp is imbalanced because the average horde has better gear again due to easier time finding deungeons, more kara groups, more access to farm or buy cheaper crafting mats and so on.

but when we mention these things we need to also try to put forward solutions and not just list the issues again and again.

Personally i think the best long term thing is to just relaunch the server with faction balance systems in place, and look into balancing racials, as i genuinely feel, pve, pvp and crafting, gold farming, rep and just overall perception is skewed so much in favor of horde it is too complicated to fix and relaunch would be best.
    We've given them solutions over and over and over but they don't listen, they do what THEY want not what WE want, the players and payers.

It has been suggested MANY MANY times since the second or third day of launch and it was to make the server PvE for a while so people could actually level up on Alliance to meet the balance with Horde players at 70 but they ignore it and scoff at the idea.

Also, giving free mounts at 30 or higher experience gains for Alliance would make people switch and let Alliance level up quicker, I really don't care if they think it's a crap idea because it's not, they just don't want the people that already got destroyed while leveling to get mad which is dumb because it's making lower levels not play and it's making people quit.

So who do you want to piss off? The 70s that won't quit just because they had to buy their first mount (I'm a mage and I bought mine btw) or the new people that can't level because it's already excruciatingly slow to level because of walking AND being ganked all day that WILL quit because they're still not even level cap and have nothing to lose?

15. June 1, 2017  
    You are surprised that I agree with someone who says he's better off going level, when all he is doing is being negative and complaining about the steps we are taking to deal with a problem?
    Yes I am surprised because if the purpose of this thread is to just talk about the proposed solution without considering the potential issues with it as RustCohle so kindly layed out, then providing a sarcastic response doesn't really help deal with the problem either now does it?

Tears aren't contributing to the topic, which was someone being appreciative that we are trying to remedy the situation, for a change.
    Nether are snide remark comebacks from a staff member who isn't even playing Outland alliance. It's great to be appreciative, specially when from a launching standpoint what is being proposed sounds like a great idea but people who raise issues with it shouldn't be so blindly ignored either.

He isn't saying anything new - to the Forums or his own posts. So, yes, if that's all he has to add, I'll agree that he's better off leveling instead.
    Sometimes old things have to keep getting brought up in order for them to get addressed as is now evident 2 weeks later.

First ... 23456 ... Last