1. June 1, 2017  

Thank You for Further Addressing the Faction Imbalance

Straight from the front page:

"Creation of new Horde characters on Outland is temporarily disabled in order to help balance faction ratio."

I'm glad the staff is taking this one step at a time.

EDIT: Recently added to the front page:

"Additional measures, including faction queue, are being considered and may be introduced in upcoming days."
    Edited: June 1, 2017

2. June 1, 2017  
    That's great and all, but can I make an alt? I was literally just about to level with some friends and they got their characters created before me within minutes of this change.

3. June 1, 2017  
    That's great and all, but can I make an alt? I was literally just about to level with some friends and they got their characters created before me within minutes of this change.
    Unfortunately, you, and anyone other hordes wanting to roll alts, are out of luck. At least for now that is.

Anyway, perfect time for you and your buddies to level as alliance, right?

4. June 1, 2017  
    No reason to when we have level 70's currently on horde side w/ plenty of gold to feed our alts to speed up the process.

This shouldn't be forced, when there's a clear advantage on horde side the majority of people are going to choose the stronger side, you need to give people an incentive to level on Alliance, Free 60% Mount, Free Training, something.

I don't agree with locking character creation from those with 70's already. An alt would be nice, especially as a Donator like myself.

5. June 1, 2017  
    Thats great news and terrible for those that didnt make an alt before.

6. June 1, 2017  
    Honestly a super lazy fix, let's hope this will be followed up by something intuitive and smart to INCENTIVIZE Alliance rather than punish Horde.

7. June 1, 2017  
    I completely understand where you're coming from.

It seems they may not want to offer free training and mounts, as I believe they would have done that first over disabling horde character creation.

8. June 1, 2017  
    Its not lazy and I applause them for trying... does it suck for those that want to play horde, yeah. But something needs to be done.

I wanted to play horde myself and after the sea of undead at the starting zone and immediately switch to alliance. I already did the level up on the popular faction route on Elysium.

9. June 1, 2017  
    Its not lazy and I applause them for trying... does it suck for those that want to play horde, yeah. But something needs to be done.

I wanted to play horde myself and after the sea of undead at the starting zone and immediately switch to alliance. I already did the level up on the popular faction route on Elysium.
    It's too little too late. If this were to be effective it should've been done prior to release. At this point the only thing they can really do is incentivize people to switch to Alliance, possibly even disable base racials as well.

10. June 1, 2017  
    that's pretty hardcore but let's hope it works.
    sorry for hordes who can't create alts or bring friends, but considering the overall attitude of massive horde griefing badly, you kinda had it coming.

11. June 1, 2017  
    as i said in another post, at this point this will not do anything, new players now will be dozens, not thousands like at launch, so unless we can magically get 4000 people to come to warmane server this faction lock is too late.

what we need is 40% of horde to roll alliance or something similar, and as i have been told previously by mods, they see incentivising as bribing, and do not wish to "bribe" people to be alliance.

the damage to population is done and short of restarting the server with these faction controls in place, then alliance will never be close to horde.

even if they do massive incentives for faction changing, it is not fair to people who went alliance at the very start because they knew this imbalance would happen.

12. June 1, 2017  
    as i said in another post, at this point this will not do anything, new players now will be dozens, not thousands like at launch, so unless we can magically get 4000 people to come to warmane server this faction lock is too late.

what we need is 40% of horde to roll alliance or something similar, and as i have been told previously by mods, they see incentivising as bribing, and do not wish to "bribe" people to be alliance.

the damage to population is done and short of restarting the server with these faction controls in place, then alliance will never be close to horde.

even if they do massive incentives for faction changing, it is not fair to people who went alliance at the very start because they knew this imbalance would happen.
    You have some valid points. I feel if disabling horde creation doesn't work out how they planned, they will probably resort to providing incentives to play alliance.

13. June 1, 2017  
    No reason to when we have level 70's currently on horde side w/ plenty of gold to feed our alts to speed up the process.

This shouldn't be forced, when there's a clear advantage on horde side the majority of people are going to choose the stronger side, you need to give people an incentive to level on Alliance, Free 60% Mount, Free Training, something.

I don't agree with locking character creation from those with 70's already. An alt would be nice, especially as a Donator like myself.
    Bribing people to play Alliance? I don't think greed is the route to take, I'm afraid. Greed is what caused this situation in the first place.
    You have some valid points. I feel if disabling horde creation doesn't work out how they planned, they will probably resort to providing incentives to play alliance.
    Incentives we apply, if we apply them, won't address things like mount costs. Those things are arbitrary and silly, honestly. If we're going to make custom changes, we may as well address the root of the issue: Will of the Forsaken. And by that, I mean addressing the Alliance's lack of a counterpart to it. But that will be a last resort, most likely.

14. June 1, 2017  
    Bribing people to play Alliance? I don't think greed is the route to take, I'm afraid. Greed is what caused this situation in the first place.

Incentives we apply, if we apply them, won't address things like mount costs. Those things are arbitrary and silly, honestly. If we're going to make custom changes, we may as well address the root of the issue: Will of the Forsaken. And by that, I mean addressing the Alliance's lack of a counterpart to it. But that will be a last resort, most likely.
    What are your other options? Leaving it like it is, like soggius says, isn't going to create a balance because the influx of players is too small at this point.

And if you're going to fix the WotF issue, might as well extend and fix the Seal of Blood issue (though I agree that's relatively minor).

15. June 1, 2017  
    All of our options are going to leave someone upset. None of the options are good options, so we have to choose from which is the least harmful.

12311 ... Last