1. June 7, 2017  
    And yet here we are. Peak population has been above 5K two nights in a row on Medivh; it's growing. It's not being bombarded by 15K players on opening night nor is it stuck with a 2K queue; it's growing.

Also cut the hyperbole because it's not doing anyone any good. 2K population on a TBC realm is not a ghost town.
    Similar to the OP, I'm in NA time, PST to be specific. I just got home from work and the population is 1.6k. Regardless of whether it truly is or isn't a ghost town, considering the old retail cap, it FEELS like a ghost town and that's the issue. Perception is more important than numbers when it comes to this stuff. Some ****ty server used to feel alive at 800 people, 2k used to mean "Full", now 2k is cause for panic among the community (hence the threads)

2. June 7, 2017  
    Similar to the OP, I'm in NA time, PST to be specific. I just got home from work and the population is 1.6k. Regardless of whether it truly is or isn't a ghost town, considering the old retail cap, it FEELS like a ghost town and that's the issue. Perception is more important than numbers when it comes to this stuff.
    Are you saying that your own feelings are synonymous—more reliable even—than facts? This explains a lot.

[Insert other server here] used to feel alive at 800 people, 2k used to mean "Full", now 2k is cause for panic among the community (hence the threads)
    riot in the streets boiz

First of all: there's been one thread—this thread—not multiple threads due do panic among the community. Second of all; let me ask you something: after the entire current player base has reached max level (assuming the population remains the same at that point), where do you think they'll go in-game? They won't be spread out across Azeroth, they'll be in Outland, in capital cities, in dungeons, raids and in arenas/battlegrounds. Even with 2K players (which is currently an issue of NA players not being interested in this realm and not a fault of the realm), how do you think you'll perceive Shattrah with 1K players running around the city?

Yeah, I too speak hyperbole.

3. June 7, 2017  
    Am I being trolled? Previous TBC servers (the most popular ones on vote sites) I used to play on would often struggle to break 500 players. Actually having a populated 1x server feels like a dream. Have you not played on a non-Warmane server before?

4. June 7, 2017  
    Am I being trolled? Previous TBC servers (the most popular ones on vote sites) I used to play on would often struggle to break 500 players. Actually having a populated 1x server feels like a dream. Have you not played on a non-Warmane server before?
    Totally agree with this. People have these absurd expectations, its pretty silly. Warmane is doing an amazing job and the population on Medivh is great! Less is more.

5. June 7, 2017  
    Are you saying that your own feelings are synonymous—more reliable even—than facts? This explains a lot.
    You completely missed the point of what I was trying to say. Outland had 5-7k+ Alliance on it and people said Alliance was dead, when clearly those numbers would say otherwise. If people FEEL like the server is empty it's going to effect their actions (wether they play or not, what faction to roll etc). So yes, people's feelings guide their decisions more than facts, which I assumed was obvious to anyone.

Every time a topic like this comes up people who play on the server feel/faction or whatever's being criticized take it as a personal attack on their decision to play there or something lol. If you enjoy the server and everything is going dandy for you, hell yeah more power to you. I'm just saying if you have some apprehension about playing here because of the population size, I understand that too. I'm not just spewing whatever narrative back the decision I've made to play here or not

6. June 7, 2017  
    You completely missed the point of what I was trying to say. Outland had 5-7k+ Alliance on it and people said Alliance was dead, when clearly those numbers would say otherwise. If people FEEL like the server is empty it's going to effect their actions (wether they play or not, what faction to roll etc). So yes, people's feelings guide their decisions more than facts, which I assumed was obvious to anyone.
    So whose people's "perceptions" should we listen to? Yours? The ones who say it's fine? The ones who say it actually has too many people? Which subjectivity should we listen to instead of facts?

7. June 7, 2017  

Every time a topic like this comes up people who play on the server feel/faction or whatever's being criticized take it as a personal attack on their decision to play there or something lol. If you enjoy the server and everything is going dandy for you, hell yeah more power to you. I'm just saying if you have some apprehension about playing here because of the population size, I understand that too. I'm not just spewing whatever narrative back the decision I've made to play here or not
    No, I'm not counter-arguing your arguments because I'm defending a personal stance; I'm counter-arguing your arguments because I consider them to be dumb and loaded with emotional bias. As are the arguments you're building upon, evidently, since the OP of this thread is banned and the players on Outland (not unlike yourself here on Medivh) are yelling "dead server" when, as you just said yourself, the numbers say otherwise. That goes for your own arguments as well.

But, to get to the root of what you're trying to get across since I'm apparently missing the point: you're saying people feel like the server is empty and it's going to affect their actions. That's what you're trying to say I gather. On that topic paired with your deep insight on socioeconomics in your initial write-up: what's your point? Are you trying to bring attention to a problem to be fixed and if so; what's the problem?

Regardless of whether it truly is or isn't a ghost town, considering the old retail cap, it FEELS like a ghost town and that's the issue. Perception is more important than numbers when it comes to this stuff.
    Is this the problem? Your feelings? Because that sounds more like a problem you're having, not the realm.

8. June 7, 2017  
    Medivh is doing just fine, the player base is rising at a steady rate. You need to remember this realm is less than 3 weeks old.

The player base isn't going to be 4k peak one day and magically exceed 10k the next.

9. June 7, 2017  
    So whose people's "perceptions" should we listen to? Yours? The ones who say it's fine? The ones who say it actually has too many people? Which subjectivity should we listen to instead of facts?
    To people who thinks in mid and long terms XD

10. June 7, 2017  
    To people who thinks in mid and long terms XD
    So, the people who say it's fine and don't expect a "solution" (???) from the Staff to a non-existent problem?
    No, some people "perceiving" the server as empty (somehow) isn't a server-side problem... It being emptier during off-times isn't either, that's just normal, that's the whole point of the terms "peak" and "off-times."

11. June 7, 2017  
    So, the people who say it's fine and don't expect a "solution" (???) from the Staff to a non-existent problem?
    No, some people "perceiving" the server as empty (somehow) isn't a server-side problem... It being emptier during off-times isn't either, that's just normal, that's the whole point of the terms "peak" and "off-times."
    Also: EU > NA is a well known fact. I know this since it is what I perceive as I myself am EU.

12. June 7, 2017  
    Pretty much. And if with 1 k characters at at max level it still feels empty, it's a community problem.

13. June 7, 2017  
    "We suffer from sub-par population (4k peak, 1.2k offpeak" LOL you think that's low? No. There's tons of players everywhere on this realm.

14. June 8, 2017  
    On that topic paired with your deep insight on socioeconomics in your initial write-up: what's your point? Are you trying to bring attention to a problem to be fixed and if so; what's the problem?
    Much like 90% of these threads there isn't a point.

Person 1: The server feels empty I can't find groups or really see anyone around.

Person 2: The server is doing fine I've had the complete opposite experience.

Find which one applies to what you've experienced and side with it, the other person is clearly wrong. Argue in circles until another thread is made saying one of these 2 things
    Edited: June 8, 2017

15. June 8, 2017  
    Actually, this is not true. I would say something like this :

Person 1 : For NA peoples, the server feels empty. Of course, an empty is a bad news.

Person 2 : Person 1, do you have something else than a feeling? By the way, it may be a temporary feeling until most of people are at max level and be in Shattrah or capitals.

First 123 Last