1. June 2, 2017  

Faction imbalance, from a horde player

So I am a lifelong horde player, never been because of racials or stronk things, just aesthetics. I like the look of horde towns and horde races, I'm a human irl and don't wanna be one in game too. I made the mistake of rolling a pure dps class without a guild and am now restarting as a troll sham because I like resto and don't wanna take hours to find a 5 man, so anyways...

I don't grief, gank, camp, nothing. I'm a pve player. I'm somewhat competent in wpvp depending on the matchup and situation. But I'll never walk past an ally struggling to finish a mob and kill him/her. I even help them out sometimes when they need someone to finish off a mob. We all play the same damn game and there's no need to hate someone for rolling a different race. I wanna hit 70 and start gearing, the ganking ruins the experience for me personally.

I prefer horde but once I hit 70 I don't exactly care. That said, I'm not going to level my horde toons to 70 and then faction change to ally just because. If there are incentives to switch, then I absolutely would. 5x prof weekends, cheaper mounts and riding, free dual spec, things like this would absolutely make me cross over and hopefully be one of many who help with the imbalance.

And in regards to the horde block, you're basically saying "we don't want to encourage you to it...but here's a nice strongarm to force you to do it". Makes a lot of sense.

I just want a healthy server that lasts a long time, Outland has so much potential and everything I want, increased xp for faster endgame, booming population, and overall quality. I would hate to see such a great tbc server die to something as stupid as faction imbalance. Incentives are literally the only thing that will make current horde players switch over, the population boon is over thus no new influx of alliance players from the horde block, no reason to free transfer because they are already established in their faction, it makes no sense to not add incentives. You're hoping a problem that can NOT work itself out, will.
    Edited: June 2, 2017

2. June 2, 2017  
    It is true the situation must be fixed somehow to make the gaming experience more enjoyable to all of us. However, there's always been a dominant faction, and If I don't remember wrong the last 2 servers I played in it was the Alliance winning 85% of the BG's and ruling over several wpvp areas. Still, horde players persevered and fought harder to win a BG, which added some extra spice to every victory for being the underdog.

That being said, I agree they should add at least one or two more measures to cope with the current imbalance, so even if there's still imbalance, it is not as evident as it is right now.

Honestly I hope the thing will get better when there's a larger base of 70's around that might also protect lowbies when ganked and so on.

3. June 2, 2017  
    That being said, I agree they should add at least one or two more measures to cope with the current imbalance, so even if there's still imbalance, it is not as evident as it is right now.
    The faction lock was a starting point to keep the problem from growing further. There are more measures being planned and worked on, although they aren't on the flavor of bribing people to play on Alliance - the sort of thing I believe would be left as an ultimate last resort - but on limiting the Horde population, like with faction queues, so the main problem of the numerical advantage is attacked.

4. June 2, 2017  
    It is true the situation must be fixed somehow to make the gaming experience more enjoyable to all of us. However, there's always been a dominant faction, and If I don't remember wrong the last 2 servers I played in it was the Alliance winning 85% of the BG's and ruling over several wpvp areas. Still, horde players persevered and fought harder to win a BG, which added some extra spice to every victory for being the underdog.

Honestly I hope the thing will get better when there's a larger base of 70's around that might also protect lowbies when ganked and so on.
    its not about bg though. It's about the open world. I've seen allies trying to quest and getting mowed down by 2 horde parties and then the horde parties proceed to have a tag war, this is every single popular questing sub zone in Outland, this breeds griefing from angry 70 allies, like the constant tarren mill camping. It's a pretty **** environment for all involved.

Also, coming from a horde, this isn't just a "dominant faction", this is a total landslide. Game breaking really.

5. June 2, 2017  
    Honestly I hope the thing will get better when there's a larger base of 70's around that might also protect lowbies when ganked and so on.[/QUOTE]

So than 70s would gank horde lowbies and it never ends :D

I would like to address to few things. I did move one of my chars to alliance and what i get? No flight paths open (and man i did walk to get some of them),some of my gear was horde only example Tranquilen gear so i lost it....my friend had name that include orc in it and now hes night elf and he hates it. As i remember faction change on wotlk works different you can re customize everything including name. He asked GM got answer empty mail.
    Im strongly against things like free dual spec and things that can help ingame that much there will be opposite imbalance than. I would recommend things like let alliance have all flight paths open when they come from horde,that would not affect game much but helps in lvling,give them mount maybe thats not to much and maybe some vanity items. All in all things that dont affect gameplay to much. And that only when you transfer from horde and horde must be lets say 30 lvl...
    Next I would agree with javinoborrarr all servers i played including retail,molten... had more alliance than horde,maybe not in this numbers but it was hard to get in bg when you are alliance because lots of them in que while in horde bg would pop instant not to mention wining rate since most of donors were humans because of trinket... Lvling was also hard since i was ganked by alliance all the time.
    Spent over 90% of time playing horde in last lets say 10 years it was awkward when i was in alliance i felt like i dont belong there.
    So i would like to appeal to all those humans if you were that race choose them now again dont look that they dont have that racial trinket anymore,stay with your alliance and let us hordies be hordies. Dont be sellouts now you all come to horde,suddenly no one ever played alliance no matter all servers had more of them....
    Thanks for understanding regards from Trta from Outland

6. June 2, 2017  
    I would like to address to few things. I did move one of my chars to alliance and what i get? No flight paths open (and man i did walk to get some of them),some of my gear was horde only example Tranquilen gear so i lost it....my friend had name that include orc in it and now hes night elf and he hates it. As i remember faction change on wotlk works different you can re customize everything including name. He asked GM got answer empty mail.
    As far as I understand, that wasn't intended. I'd suggest you and your friend send an email to [email protected] to see if Support can offer you some assistance at least with the name changing.

7. June 2, 2017  
    Thanks for that answer i will suggest him that. Just please do not go with bribe even as last resort because that could go otherways,do not even mention it as option as i saw some mods did on forums again because some players will wait with change than for u guys to offer it...

8. June 2, 2017  

So than 70s would gank horde lowbies and it never ends :D

Im strongly against things like free dual spec and things that can help ingame that much there will be opposite imbalance than. I would recommend things like let alliance have all flight paths open when they come from horde,that would not affect game much but helps in lvling,give them mount maybe thats not to much and maybe some vanity items. All in all things that dont affect gameplay to much. And that only when you transfer from horde and horde must be lets say 30 lvl...
    Next I would agree with javinoborrarr all servers i played including retail,molten... had more alliance than horde,maybe not in this numbers but it was hard to get in bg when you are alliance because lots of them in que while in horde bg would pop instant not to mention wining rate since most of donors were humans because of trinket... Lvling was also hard since i was ganked by alliance all the time.
    Spent over 90% of time playing horde in last lets say 10 years it was awkward when i was in alliance i felt like i dont belong there.
    So i would like to appeal to all those humans if you were that race choose them now again dont look that they dont have that racial trinket anymore,stay with your alliance and let us hordies be hordies. Dont be sellouts now you all come to horde,suddenly no one ever played alliance no matter all servers had more of them....
    Thanks for understanding regards from Trta from Outland
    those little things won't work though. Even if it was implemented 100% perfect without those shortcomings, there was only a very small number that transferred, you're literally asking people to transfer alliance for the hell of it. Barely anyone transferred before they knew about the problems, so how do you think more people are gonna transfer by fixing those problems? Everyone who wanted to transfer for the hell of it already has. That simply won't fix it. There needs to be an incentive and until there is one, the current population is gonna play here and it will be imbalanced. New waves of alliance players aren't rolling in, a thousand horde players aren't gonna suddenly decide to transfer with no incentive.

It simply doesn't work that way. You have a job that you quite like, you've been there a while, it's stress free, you like your coworkers, and another company offers you the same exact position for the same exact pay and benefits except that this company is a total unknown to you, I'm sure you aren't gonna pack up and leave because there is zero incentive and all risk there.

9. June 2, 2017  
    yes but if they offer bribes there will be massive transfers and imbalance will change sides. It just not ok to offer that to one number of players and leave rest to grind for same thing,not to mention us that allready transfer and got only troubles while future transfers will get it all free and easy

10. June 2, 2017  
    Lifetime horde but I went ally just because of imbalance. I want my instant pvp queues.

11. June 2, 2017  
    Massive transfers are needed though. When he imbalance is this bad you can't be afraid of 1000 players storming over to alliance, that's a massive boost in server balance. And none of the things suggested is game breaking nor would it force anyone to switch simply because it's so superior. Free mounts? Big deal, save a few hundred gold, which also stimulates a dead alliance economy. 5x prof xp weekends would make it easier to level profs(just level, not easier to stockpile resources for better gearing/helming/enchanting)in a world where horde dominates the nodes. Nothing there is game breaking. It isn't "extra badge drops/honor gain/raid loot" to help the other side gear up faster and dominate, it is small quality of life changes that do 2 things; make up for the current faction imbalance by allowing the alliance to compensate a bit, and an incentive to use the free transfer which nobody is using because, get this, there's no incentive.

People don't make big leaping changes without incentive, period. We're on the right track by giving easy access to the solution and preventing the problem from getting worse, but these "fixes" are really tools to let the problem fix itself, which will not happen.

12. June 2, 2017  
    You have troubles finding group in higher pop faction.

Good luck finding group in lower pop one.

13. June 2, 2017  
    Lifetime horde but I went ally just because of imbalance. I want my instant pvp queues.
    I've been alliance for like the last 7 years. I wanted to go UD priest this time around and after logging in and seeing a sea of UD, I quickly log'd off and made a dwarf priest. I already experience the overpopulation of horde on Elysium. Didn't want to go through that again here.

14. June 2, 2017  
    So you'd rather punish horde players for being horde, than giving players an independent incentive to play alliance? Zero sum game much?

15. June 2, 2017  
    the BG win ratio isn't really relevant to the problem if you think about it. if alliance wins too much it only means hordies are doing crap (especially since alterac design isn't flawless and favors the horde when both raids are rushing the end).

the problem is the community. always was and always will be. we're asking people to act mature and that doesn't mix very well with wow community where half the guild and characternames are puns about racism or sex.

also i don't think hordies realize what it's like to be an ally on Outlands in outlands right now. of course we can always decent xp spot etc. but on every single pivotal quest (gear-wise), like Overlord(Cruel intentions) or even the elite nagas in zangarmarsh, you'll see between 5 and 10 70s hordes messing around and camping/killing everything just for fun for as long as an hour. most horde players won't attack you, but 10% of them will either greycamp you or wait for you to be in a fight before attacking you and claim they're the brave hordes killing allies for honor and ****. and if you think about defending yourself, other usually passive hordes will add the fight and make you eat the dirt because they don't know who attacked first.
    but how are you going to make them understand they're undermining the server and causing their own problems (bg queue, creation lock) when the bulk of their vocal players are acting like brain-damaged kids. PvP server is good and should never change but wow is super player driven so good luck.

12 Last