1. June 2, 2017  

Faction Lock

So, a large group of my friends came over to play with me, like 12+

We all managed to make our characters except 1. because of work, and now the faction lock
    He donated to skip the queue and now can't make a character, thats a bit BS

A better idea would be force everyone who have not donated to play alliance.

If you pay to get onto a server you should be able to make whatever the hell you like.

2. June 2, 2017  
    Kind of the same situation here, paid to join my friends who already play here, and it's locked...

The logic behind locking a faction is really dumb, it's like wanting more people to become teachers so instead of raising their salaries they drastically lower everyone elses salaries until enough teachers are produced.

Do it like everyone else and just give incentives to the other side, free mount, free flying, instant 70, or whatever you feel is good.

3. June 2, 2017  
    Are you not willing to use the free transfer to alliance to play with your friend?

4. June 2, 2017  
    People who already play on a server usually have a lot invested in it. Guild, friends, reputation etc. Uprooting multiple players is not a small thing to ask them to do.

5. June 2, 2017  
    Whatever administration does there are always some kids who dislike the idea.
    Deal with it, you just little statistical error within good Warmane's decision.

You can reroll alliance along with your mates or stay divided because your pansy friends have chosen cool racials over your presence. Hah, sad life indeed.
    Edited: June 2, 2017

6. June 2, 2017  
    They didn't choose anything over me, I wasn't in the equation when they started. By now they have already settled on the horde side and have a lot to lose to swap sides, basically like starting over. And defending a stupid decision like this is absurd. Like anywhere else in life you add incentives for the side that's in demand, not punishments or locks on the saturated side.

You don't decrease everyone elses salaries as a solution to the increasing demand of teachers, you increase their salaries. Every other server has had virtually no issues with this because they just add incentives to the other side, if you really want to roll horde, fine go do it, if you'd rather have a free mount, go ally. Nobody complains and there are no issues. This is the first time I see something stupid like this.

7. June 2, 2017  
    I'm in the exact same situation. All my buddy's rolled horde, convinced me to start playing, I pay the donataion fee to be able to logg in, just to find out that I can't even play with them. No warning no nothing....Won't play until i can play with my buddy's...Anyone know how long that will take?

8. June 2, 2017  
    While I share sympathy with your situation not much can be done but wait until factions balance out somehow, we are still awaiting their next decision, honestly I doubt they are gonna re enable horde creation until population is close enough in ratio. Currently there's still about 2.5-3k more horde then alliance. If I were you I'd probably ask your friends to start over, otherwise just wait.

9. June 3, 2017  
    A 1-2days warning would have been nice huh

10. June 3, 2017  
    A 1-2days warning would have been nice huh
    look at this

FACTION BALANCE
    May 27, 2017
    We will be addressing faction balance concerns on our Burning Crusade realms and will be taking necessary precautions to resolve those concerns.
    Those who complain about faction lock being useless, think again. There is almost a 1000 players less in horde side (at peak times compared to before peak time), meaning it is working. Slowly, but working.