1. June 2, 2017  

Moderator Mercy's statement on Faction Imbalance is Wrong

Thanks to Mercy, the Super Moderator, for weighing in on faction imbalance. Not sure a moderator should weigh in, but we need everyone's voice here to solve a major issue that affects everyone.

In this post http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=355626 Mercy said...

"Bribing people to play Alliance? I don't think greed is the route to take, I'm afraid. Greed is what caused this situation in the first place."

This is a false statement for several reasons and may shed light on why we have a problem to begin with.

1. Bribery means giving something of value to someone in order to make them do something dishonest or illegal. Rolling Horde is neither.

2. Greed is an excessive desire to acquire or possess more than what one needs or deserves. I don't think that describes Horde players.

3. "Greed caused this situation in the first place" No. it did not. Better racial benefits, a culture of PvP and poor preparation for the launch caused this.

So the super-moderator blames Horde players and uses pejorative language to describe our motivations rather than focus on those who have the power to actually fix the problem--the Admins.

Is this the opinion or mind set of the entire War,mane staff given the current situation? I hope not.

Did "greedy" Horde players ruin faction imbalance? No.

Is giving players incentives to roll Alliance "bribery"? No.

All over these forums we see people saying "a blind man could see there would be massive faction imbalance" or "this expansion is structured to benefit horde performance".

So I think the Admins and the super moderator should think about how to fix this and not blame your customers. Which is what we are.

2. June 2, 2017  
    I see you really like to twist words, but you really don't need to make a thread for the sole purpose of showing everyone you disagree with my opinion.

1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bribery "Bribery is the act of giving money, goods or other forms of recompense to a recipient in exchange for an alteration of their behavior (to the benefit/interest of the giver) that the recipient would otherwise not alter."

2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greed "Greed is an inordinate or insatiable longing, especially for wealth, status, power, or food."

3. Which all translates to wanting more power.

You can blame us for not reacting fast enough, or not taking action before letting the realm go live. Sure. However, it is still all in accordance with player action and choice. That much is irrefutable. I have no interest in discussing this very blatant and desperate attempt to bash on me and my opinion. Feel free to discuss your own opinion in any of the MANY threads on this topic, but please do so without putting words in the mouths of others. Thank you!