1. June 3, 2017  

loot rate and ressources multiples spawns

Hello dear mate from Medivh,

Lets start this topic by saying i really enjoy my journey on this server so far, this bring me back a lot of fun and memories from my official wow times (i started when it was 2.3 i think).

The mob respawn timer is back to a blizzlike timer (or not so far, can't say) and it's a great thing. To me, there is 2 another things that looks strange and not-blizzlike rates actually.

The first thing is the loot rate, especially in dungeon. I did Shadowfang keep 3 times since the start of the server, and i looted 12 blue items on trash mob. According to atlas loot, those items should be 0,01 or 0,02% loot.

I don't know what to think about this rate, on a hand, it's help leveling, but on the other hand, this break immersion and x1 feeling. First time you get a blue "omg we're so lucky" "oh again" "oh again !" "hmm looks strange no ?" "..." "ok, we've understand". Are you looting blue BoE like hell guys ? or i'm ****ing lucky ?

The other things i wanted to discuss is the actual ressources spawns. I never played on big retail server (french Marécage de Zangar, which was a server created at the start of the burning crusade, it wasn't very populated). I don't remember seeing so much ressources spot active at the very same time.

I don't really care for low lvl ressources, it actually help community to farm, upping professions, but i'm afraid for the high level ressources like adamantite or khorium. Are they going to be low price because there's an army of spawns ?

What you guys think about that ? Am i the only one who hope this to be blizzlike ? Is it possible to revert this to some normal or blizzlike rate ? I post this because me and another guildies are afraid for how things are going to be at level 70.

Again, i really love my experience here, and i don't post this to complain or to blame anybody, i'm just curious and hoping the best for Medivh's future.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

EDIT : i opened a report so people can upvote this : https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/48963.
    I'm afraid not a lot people will upvote since : reducing rate will make upping profession normal, instead of the very very easy mode. This is the same for the loot. Plus, newcomers won't upvote this since higher level benefited from this, so they can feel some injustice.

Someone did the same report for blue in dungeons : https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/48832 .
    I'm afraid for the same reason, but let's see.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Edit2 : Concerning Herb and Ore, the bug is now in "pending" and the staff is looking for more feedback : https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/48963

Concerning Blue, green droprate, etc, is still "unconfirmed" so, your upvote & feedback are still wellcome ! https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/48832 & https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/49091
    Edited: June 8, 2017

2. June 3, 2017  
    If this is actually because the drop rates are increased and not you being lucky, which I doubt, I think it derivates from the same source that respawn rates came from: the copy of some configurations from Outland's core.
    Let me explain myself. First issue: blue BoE drops. If you have a server like Outland, you need to increase that drop rate since you level faster and you should not be needing to do the dungeons multiple times to get gear from it since you will outlevel them too fast. So, since this is x1, you should tune it down for Medivh.
    Second issue: natural ressources throughout all Azeroth and Outlands. I guess it comes from the idea of having 15.000 people, which leads to a need of an increase in resources to accomplish the same rate of harvesting. Yet again, this should be lowered since there aren't 15.000 people in Medivh.

I hope we get the same type of attention as we had regarding the respawn rates.
    Cheers.

3. June 3, 2017  
    I just mined 124 iron ore going from nijel's point to the skellies for SM quest and back. And when I got back, I promptly vendored 124 iron ore, some 60 heavy stone, 4 jade and an aquamarine because the ridiculous amount of nodes has made everything worthless. I mean, it's personally useful to me, since it's making leveling blacksmithing easy, but it's definitely not at all like the retail experience. On the BoE's, it's been very noticeable. I ran 3 RFKs and all 3 dropped 7-8 boe blues.

4. June 4, 2017  
    So, did level 58-60 @Hellfire. I got about 45 greens and 12 blues BoE. The last thing we wanted from a blizzlike x1 server is fun rates and a ruined economy. Could you fix the droprates before it's too late? More than 95% of the server haven't hit Outlands yet, so you got to act fast

5. June 4, 2017  
    Also 58-60 in Hellfire Peninsula. Got full bag of greens and dozen of blue BoEs so far. Got 2-3 greens from some mobs. 1x or hardcore content means nothing with this kind of economy. Hope drop rates will be fixed soon.

6. June 4, 2017  
    Yeah the drops from mobs in outlands is too much. I guess it works for the 5x/7.5x server but for supposed "blizzlike" TBC experience its really hurting the game. Hope for fix soon

7. June 4, 2017  
    I am also hoping for a fix for the drop rate issues, as for me, these are the biggest flaws of this otherwise very good server.

The rare item drop rate in Blackfathom Deeps is also very high. According to others, it is also the case in Scarlet Monastery, and in addition, there are some instances where bosses do not (always?) drop loot, like Gnomeregan, Uldaman or Maraudon. These are all present on the bug tracker, so if it bothers you too, find and upvote them in hope of faster fixes :)

8. June 4, 2017  
    Yeah drop rates are completely ruined on this server and its destroying the economy. We got every BoE trash drop possible in SFK today, some of them we got several times. I don't understand how they can get complicated things right but simple values in the database like respawn rates and the item drop rates are set to that of a "fun" or "instant everything" server and take forever to fix. If this keeps happening, no BoE will ever have value on our server. In fact, its been so flooded early, I'm not sure the BoE economy can be fixed. Those BoE drops from trash mobs are suppose to be rare and getting them is special. Everyone is excited. Instead everyone just got stacks of them and they are worthless.

9. June 5, 2017  
    Up ! this problem must be solved...feel free to share your own experience and your hopes about it, maybe it can make the staff move, as they did about the mob's respawn timer.

10. June 5, 2017  
    I noticed this too with mines and every dungeon i've tried

11. June 5, 2017  
    Is it on the bugtracker already? If yes, please upvote it.
    If not? Please make a bugtracker report for it, and repeat step 1.

12. June 5, 2017  
    At start i wanted to troll you, because to me, it have less in common with a bug than with a choice. Someone chooses the rate of the server, it's not a "bug" in itself. But well, i opened a report so people can upvote this : https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/48963.
    I'm afraid not a lot people will upvote since : reducing rate will make upping profession normal, instead of the very very easy mode. This is the same for the loot. Plus, newcomers won't upvote this since higher level benefited from this, so they can feel some injustice.

Someone did the same report for blue in dungeons : https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/48832 .
    Edited: June 5, 2017

13. June 5, 2017  
    I don't know who thought that this was a good idea on x1 rate server which is trying to emulate blizzlike experience. Please fix drop rate and spawn rate of ores before its too late. Thank you in advance.

14. June 5, 2017  
    upvoted. This feels at the very least a fun server atm.

15. June 5, 2017  
    At start i wanted to troll you, because to me, it have less in common with a bug than with a choice. Someone chooses the rate of the server, it's not a "bug" in itself. But well, i opened a report so people can upvote this : https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/48963.

Upvoted both items. Those need to be fixed asap! Server is already in a good shape imo; with these fixes it will become great!

123 Last