1. June 4, 2017  

Outland queue

I've been wanting to try out Warmane's new outland server for a while now and this morning the queue was only 380 so I decided to just go for it. More than five hours later now; I'm only on position 184. A few minutes ago they actually stated time remaing 1030 minutes. How can this queue be real? I was on Elysium launch and the queue was much faster there. Are players abusing the queue by never logging out using key input programs or can you stay in character selection screen forever?

2. June 4, 2017  
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=355054

I recommend you to read the FAQ before posting asking for information.
    You can get your answer in the last one there.
    Cheers

3. June 4, 2017  
    Yeah the queue seems really long indeed but I guess it's just the insane popularity of the server right now. I'm just wondering if you donate to skip the queue for how long this perk will last considering you need to spend like 5 coins or something each month to maintain this perk on lordaeron I believe? Even though the queue is way bigger on Outland. As most people including me would pay once to have this park forever but not every month. Perhaps a moderator can elaborate on this?

4. June 4, 2017  
    Thanks for your reply Juxuanu1,

I know how a queue functions, my point is that only 200 of 15000 people logged off in six(!) hours now. I just cannot believe this. Hence my last sentence, are people abusing the system by no logging off?

5. June 4, 2017  
    I strongly agree.

Something is going on here. Are players beginning to abuse anti-afk software? Something as basic as keyspammer moving their character forward into a wall to prevent AFK from kicking them off the server?

When I played several times this week, I had like a 1000-1500 long queue. But I got through said queue to character log-in in about an hour or so each time. I think the longest I've ever had to wait was 2 hours so far to fully log-in (and play).

Today is different. Very different. I logged in initially at roughly 7am my time. There was like a 800-something person queue. I figured I was in for a 1 hour wait as usual. I'm still in queue over 6 hours later and I'm barely even past half-way through the queue (currently 325).

Let me say that again.

OVER 6 hours later and I'm BARELY even past half-way.

Are you really trying to tell me in 6 hours, 800 people out of 15,000 have not logged off, when in previous days it was like 1k-ish per hour?

Something shady is going on, and I better see a staff response to the situation. This is not normal.
    Edited: June 4, 2017

6. June 4, 2017  
    The client cannot update your position in the queue if a player skips it.
    As long as the population is over 15000 nobody in the queue can enter.

Think of it this way, the realm is full and you are spot 100 in the queue, this means that you have to wait for 101 players to log out in order to get in. Now lets say 50 donors decide to play and skip the queue, now you have to wait for 151 players to log out. It isn't a thing of just 800 out of 15000 not logging off, they probably did, but more than 800 people skipped the queue in the meantime

7. June 4, 2017  
    The client cannot update your position in the queue if a player skips it.
    As long as the population is over 15000 nobody in the queue can enter.

Think of it this way, the realm is full and you are spot 100 in the queue, this means that you have to wait for 101 players to log out in order to get in. Now lets say 50 donors decide to play and skip the queue, now you have to wait for 151 players to log out. It isn't a thing of just 800 out of 15000 not logging off, they probably did, but more than 800 people skipped the queue in the meantime
    So in just a day, roughly 8 times the number of people before decided to get donor perks to skip queue? Like I said before, I've been playing for a few days. Queue was roughly 1k-1.5k. That would take about an hour. Today's queue for me was 800. I'm almost 7 hours in now.

I appreciate the response, but it's undeniable that something changed. And I strongly doubt that everyone just decided overnight to start coughing up money.

Or did turning horde creation back on ruin it? Because I still say that both factions should have a 7500 player cap.

Update:

I finally got in, 12 hours in queue. I still think something shady is going on.
    Edited: June 4, 2017

8. June 4, 2017  
    So, basically, this may mean that in a certain given time this realm will only actually be playable by donors. Hooray.

9. June 4, 2017  
    So, basically, this may mean that in a certain given time this realm will only actually be playable by donors. Hooray.
    I think the queue will push Medivh to be more popular. And for a hardcore player, Medivh IS the better fit. Also in a month or two I predict the Outland server population (logged in population) staying around 13-14k and hitting population cap on weekends like Icecrown.

But that's outside the scope of this thread. I'm just hoping Outland becomes... playable? There must be anti-afk exploiting going on. I refuse to believe otherwise and I implore the staff to prove me wrong that it isn't anti-afk exploitation.

10. June 4, 2017  
    I think the queue will push Medivh to be more popular. And for a hardcore player, Medivh IS the better fit. Also in a month or two I predict the Outland server population (logged in population) staying around 13-14k and hitting population cap on weekends like Icecrown.

But that's outside the scope of this thread. I'm just hoping Outland becomes... playable? There must be anti-afk exploiting going on. I refuse to believe otherwise and I implore the staff to prove me wrong that it isn't anti-afk exploitation.
    And how exactly do you want them to prove you wrong? You wont believe anything they say either way unless it fits your narrative.

11. June 4, 2017  
    Not trying to hate on the server but it is already unplayable for non donors. I am now on place 115. So i moved around 265 places in almost ten hours. You literally have to log in early in the morning to maybe play in the evening. I understand you can just pay for it to get past the queue but this actually makes the situation worse for all the other people that did not donate.

12. June 4, 2017  
    It's weekend and naturally there are many more people trying to connect, and obviously, more premium accounts. Nobuemon explained what happens to the queue when a premium member connects.
    You can play on Medivh if waiting on queue or becoming premium is not an option. We opened the realm due to the high demand of Outland and it has thousands of spots open.

13. June 4, 2017  
    I agree with OP...I logged in 11 hours ago and I still haven't gotten in. I was #1809.

Yesterday I logged in at #2200 or so and got in at about 2 hours.

Both weekend days, at premium times. Now all of a sudden today it is a huge issue?

14. June 4, 2017  
    I posted about this well over a week ago, i got told to "donate and shut up"

15. June 5, 2017  
    Can we record the times we get into the server?

I have yet to see anyone actually get past queue and play between the hours of 8am-2pm EST (5am-11am PST).

I was 268 in queue 5 hours go, sitting at 189..... real sketchy warmane.

At 10am ST the queue starts and at 11pm ST the queue magically disappears, but during these hours how many non-sub players actually get in.

Please reply if you are one.

123 ... Last