1. June 4, 2017  

So, what's going on with all the 8 year olds on the Alliance side?

April last year I started a new account and began playing on Icecrown on the Alliance side. Leveling a Warrior, Death Knight and eventually a Mage, all of them reaching level 80. During my path to level 80 I encountered many hordes in pretty much all contested territory zones after level 20. Most notable among these being STV, Tanaris, Hellfire in Outland and Borean, Zul'Drak and Icecrown in Northrend. Yet in almost no situations was I ever killed or screwd over. Mostly the Hordes would rather ignore me, wave at me or maybe poke me with an ability followed by laughing before moving on. Heck in som situations when I on my Warrior would take on more than I could chew, some Hordes would even help me out and slay mobs, being careful not to cleave if they were extremely over leveled.

Then Legion came out on retail, I said time on Warmane done and shelfed my time playing here - That was until about 1 month back when I returned.

Seen as most of the friends I had and was suppose to play with on Icecrown Alliance side had rather quit or now recently converted to TBC which I give zero ****s about - I decided to start leveling some Hordes instead on this account which is my first and original account. I pretty much knew that I would start a Horde on Icecronw some day which is why I made the second account for my Alliance characters back last year.

Yet leveling as a Horde has been a whole different type of experience. As where most Hordes would help out or ignore me as an Alliance - as a Horde, almost every single Alliance character has tried to engage in combat after level 20. Even if they are 1-6 levels bellow me.

To me leveling is something I want done fast and despite the XP ratio, dungeons in WoTLK times is a slow way to level so questing it is to level the fastest. But doing that with all these Alliance bastards around becomes a challenge and I would like to ask what is going on at the Alliance side.

Mostly have I been killed by level 70-80 players, that even down in level 30 zones. Yet these Alliance players does not indicate that they are helping a friend nor leveling professions or working on Loremaster. They are just there for the sake of being an *** who ganks people.

Today alone I have had 4 different Alliance Druids camp and hunt me down, the 1 being "semi-funny" in that he would chase me around Dragonblight for a while and help me kill elites yet he kept killing my pet.

And this brings me to the core question of this post: Why are so many of the Alliance players on Icecrown a bunch of 8 year olds? Is there no raiding or no guilds doing anything on that side? Do they really have so little to do with their time and life that they figure it's best spendt ganking low levels on a private server? How sad is this Alliance side really... What happened to it? Anyone knows?

2. June 4, 2017  
    Was it really necessary to write that wall of text just to express you were camped with your horde toon and not in alliance?
    Anyway, just because you were camped it doesnt mean it's only the alliance side who are "a bunch of 8 year olds", and you can't simply rely on that conclusion after leveling 1 or 2 chars only. I've leveled one thousand chars on this server, both horde and ally, and I can guarantee you that it's exactly the same. I remember I've leveled horde char 1-80 without being ganked a single time, and leveld ally where I had to spend 1h to complete two quests.
    My suggestion is simple, choose the least populated zones.

3. June 4, 2017  
    Was it really necessary to write that wall of text just to express you were camped with your horde toon and not in alliance?
    Yes. Yes it was. It's all about making sure to get the point across.

Anyway, just because you were camped it doesnt mean it's only the alliance side who are "a bunch of 8 year olds", and you can't simply rely on that conclusion after leveling 1 or 2 chars only. I've leveled one thousand chars on this server, both horde and ally, and I can guarantee you that it's exactly the same. I remember I've leveled horde char 1-80 without being ganked a single time, and leveld ally where I had to spend 1h to complete two quests.
    My suggestion is simple, choose the least populated zones.
    Now I am sorry, I should have extended my wall of text futher and added the additional info of how the Global chat on Horde side seems to agree to this topic while when I played on the Alliance side - Horde ganking never seemed to be an issue. Across the period of time I played on this servers on both sides it never seemed like Horde ganking was an issue while Alliance ganking is a prominent one.

PS You don't need to go overboard and proclaim to have leveld "one thousand chars" just in the same way that I would not "need" to write this book to explain how this is a Horde-sided issue. Let's both try to ground it.

4. June 4, 2017  
    Both faction suffer from ganking.

It maybe has to do with your Leveling Server time that gankers are on or not.
    Dont generalized factions based on your experience.

5. June 4, 2017  
    Really? Are you really picking up references based on the feedback from the global chat now? And then using it to prove your point? Are you aware of how much online players use to be here in Icecrown in the first place? Few players here and there may represent like 1% or 2% of the entire playerbase at its most, so why should I be concerned about the global chat? What if I say now that I've been reading different feedbacks regarding to which factions ganks the most (which, in fact, I've done)? Again you're simply saying things based on your own experience.

Hell, I tell you what, do you even know that horde on this server have/had a guild specifically to kill low level players? Yeah, that's right. Their main focus was to camp Lakeshire, or Southshore, or Darkshire, STV, Gadgetzan, whatever, all day long with 15 BiS chars, go search for it if you doubt it.

Both sides gank, end of story. It's impossible to say which side ganks the most, and it doesn't matter, both sides do it, the end.

6. June 5, 2017  
    conclusion - horde on icecrown sucks at pvp so badly, so they cant even gank lowbies

7. June 5, 2017  
    I've leveled one thousand chars on this server, both horde and ally.
    I've played here almost 4 years, I multi-box 20 accounts, and have around 120 level 80 toons, ( IF i count the 70 i did before the moltdown that brings me up to 190 ) And I haven't hit this 1000 number you mentioned, so either this is a fabrication, to illustrate a point. or honestly, you're full of it lol

Both sides gank, end of story. It's impossible to say which side ganks the most, and it doesn't matter, both sides do it, the end.
    While I do agree to this point, however for my experience, I was ganked much more on the horde side then the ally, from my experience, while playing the ally side, they have an exaggerated sense of horde are bad guys syndrome... there are gankers on both sides. true, but it stand to reason he is at least right from his point of view. all we have is our experiences, since there is no way to track "who's ganked more".

I do have to admit that I've leveled many more horde than ally tho. So that has to be said.
    Edited: June 5, 2017

8. June 5, 2017  
    As a person who have leveled 2 alliance characters and 9 horde characters, I suffered harder on the horde side. It is just a personal experience however.

Alliance players tend to be more merciless when it comes to killing a player although it would wield absolutely nothing. When I level a Horde character or I see one of my friends leveling, I always tell them to avoid STV at all cost and GTFO of Thrallmar ASAP.

9. June 5, 2017  
    Also here are some common spots you should avoid at all cost as a Horde and this is from a guy who played since Molten for about 4 years now.

1.) STV - This is the place that will make you want to stop playing. Gankers LITERALLY EVERYWHERE. Nessingwary Camp, Horde Base on the North, Booty Bay, you ****ing name it LOL.
    2.) Tanaris - No comment. This is where your life ends.
    3.) Thrallmar, Hellfire Peninsula - Another common ganking spot. Bad news ; you cannot avoid this one. I suggest doing the collecting quests (including gathering Orc's blood) and gtfo of there.
    4.) Hillsbrad Foothills - Another common land of the ganks. It was impossible to level here back in Molten, but things seem to have toned down a little these days.

You see the pattern here; all these 4 areas are pretty "famous" leveling area because there are a lot of quests there or just easy to level there.

Bad news ; you should avoid all of them if you want to save some time. You will be killed by your same level/lower level players, ganked 24/7. Avoid at all cost.

10. June 5, 2017  
    Alternatives to those 4.

STV -> Dustwallow Marsh. Plenty of quests but some are pretty annoying. (A lot of moving)
    Tanaris -> Felwood. Not so many quests either but it should be enough to get through to 50 if you do all the Furborg quest-line. You can move on to Winterspring right after which have some decent quests.
    Thrallmar -> None.
    Hillsbrad Foothills -> If you are on early 20-s, move to Barrens, do some quests there till 23-24-25, then move to Stonetalon Mountain. Should be enough to get you through early 30-s.

11. June 5, 2017  
    I played as horde for over 4 years and alliance for 2 years. Died much more as alliance. Horde actually has guilds who log on ONLY to camp lowbies 24/7. And horde sit in Wintergrasp all day, never even doing the weekly quests, just going around in large groups killing all of the alliance that are trying to do the quests.

12. June 5, 2017  
    I played as horde for over 4 years and alliance for 2 years. Died much more as alliance. Horde actually has guilds who log on ONLY to camp lowbies 24/7. And horde sit in Wintergrasp all day, never even doing the weekly quests, just going around in large groups killing all of the alliance that are trying to do the quests.
    It was actually hilarious "that" certain guild starts ganking on Alliance leveling hubs then totally get thrashed by Alliance BiS WFs (Gets camped more often) then purposely logs out after 1-2 failed attemps. eksdi

To OP
    Like, you could just level to places where there isn't much ganking going on you know? Also posting stuff like this on forums ain't gonna help ****.
    You're just gonna add fuel to the fire. Honestly

13. June 5, 2017  
    Unnecessary wall of text indeed, mostly because most ppl shall simply ignore it and get straight to the part

"my ***'s being ganked".

Now let me be polite and Welcome you to World of Warcraft! There is something called PvP and you'll find out realms like... Icecrown? Yeah, who aren't PvE only and you'll find much of it.

My lock made up to 80 last week and I got a big ignore list with names of lvl 80 horde players that ganked me while leveling (yes, I'm gearing up and going to hunt them down one by one). Some of those hordes even stopped their way to dismount and kill me... And the best thing, most of them were fully geared alts brought by players I kicked their asses 1v1 while on the same levels (nothing new, that's every game's horde mentality).

I didn't cry at all, my gameplay is now even more fun because I have some revenge to take on.

14. June 5, 2017  
    As someone who have played on both factions - I have ganked as Horde and as Ally.So from my point of view - both factions are ganking lowbies.
    Oh and no - im not 8 y old(sadly for me)

15. June 5, 2017  
    conclusion - horde on icecrown sucks at pvp so badly, so they cant even gank lowbies
    That's one way of looking at it or just that the Horde player base really aren't that into PvP call us PvE carebares are whatever but some of us prefer to raid and do dungeons then go out into zones killing players lower then us in level as the OP said I've often helped struggling Alliance players who were struggling to kill elites or mobs but since you're such a awesome PvPer you would never understand the logic.
    Edited: June 5, 2017

12 Last