1. It kind of affects them because they can't use jugements, but they're still free to use Crusader Strike.

2. How do I not have a basis for that argument. DPS = damage/time
    You answered yourself. From the screenshot, you know how much damage was dealt, but you don't know how long the fight was. You also don't know other circumstances.

Recount is not a good accurate measure of dps because it only counts dps while the the player is actively dealing damage, so for example it stops counting warlock dps between casts, it stops counting your dps when you run between targets, but it doesn't stop counting your dps if you have dots on the target.
    Then don't use it to measure DPS. As I said, the screenshots show Damage Done, that is what Recount is used for.

3. You answered yourself. From the screenshot, you know how much damage was dealt, but you don't know how long the fight was. You also don't know other circumstances.

Then don't use it to measure DPS. As I said, the screenshots show Damage Done, that is what Recount is used for.
    How is this reply to what I'm saying, I'm directly talking about posts that are using recount to describe "DPS" so what you're saying makes no sense. Follow what is being said as it is written, not what is in your mind. It really annoys me that people just go on their own tangent and take the topic out of the context for their own agenda, basically having a conversation with their imagination.
    Edited: July 27, 2017

4. DPS is also a term used for determining your party composition, not just the Damage/seconds number. Tank, Heal, DPS, I'm sure this rings a bell for you SegaRally.

There are two posts with recount screenshots.
    One post from Magtheridon with 643k damage, ranked as 3rd with commentary "rets are perfectly fine", followed up by estimated DPS numbers "when they burst", which has no ties to the Recount DPS measurement shown in the screenshot (there's 1063 DPS measured by Recount, not 1500-1700).

The other post specifies that there's a DPS discrepancy between SoBlood and SoCommand, which is true and it's not tied to the Recount screenshot in any way. Then the post states that ret are viable DPS (as in DPS class) and should be outperforming other melee DPS classes, followed up by the screenshot, which clearly shows the 1st ranking at 542k damage done.
    After the screenshot follows the player's expected DPS numbers for different raid encounters. We don't know where his expected DPS numbers come from, it could be from his own Recount measurements, or it could come from some other source. However, none of these two used the Recount screenshot to describe their DPS, as you stated just now. You only assumed that Recount screenshots are posted to display ret paladin's DPS, which is why I pointed out to you, that Recount is used to display Damage Done.

5. Ret is pretty decent, but you will have to put a little more effort into it.

First 123