1. June 6, 2017  

CrbZ channel password spam

Anyone know how to get rid of this? Everytime I enter a new zone or come back from afk I get slammed with a password prompt for a private channel.

2. June 6, 2017  
    Just click on cancel. It may occur to a maximum of 5-7 times after which it stops

3. June 6, 2017  
    Disable sharing options in the carbonite addon.
    Don't have the addon myself, but I've heard others with that problem using carbonite. There should be some sort of privacy/communication settings in carbonite. Just disable those to prevent it from joiing "sharing channels".

I guess the problem occurs when someone takes over the channel carbonite uses for information sharing and sets a password on it.

4. June 6, 2017  
    Disable sharing options in the carbonite addon.
    Don't have the addon myself, but I've heard others with that problem using carbonite. There should be some sort of privacy/communication settings in carbonite. Just disable those to prevent it from joiing "sharing channels".

I guess the problem occurs when someone takes over the channel carbonite uses for information sharing and sets a password on it.
    aint work still pops every time when u enter other zone
    gonna switch on questhelper asap
    but carbo really good and buggin like this only on warmame :/

5. June 6, 2017  
    It doesn't work because TBC version of carbonite doesn't allow you to disable global/zone communication channels.

I decrypted it's source code and added this missing feature, so all you have to do is use this modified version, go to carbonite settings and in Privacy & Comm section you'll find 2 checkboxes to disable global/zone channels.

Link to new version: http://addons.us.to/addon/carbonite

6. June 8, 2017  
    Woah, didn't know it wasn't possible to disable it the TBC one... must've taken you loads of effort to decrypt the code, anyway amazing job

True hero =P

7. Create custom channels to 10 for block creating new from Carbonite. It works :-)

8. It doesn't work because TBC version of carbonite doesn't allow you to disable global/zone communication channels.

I decrypted it's source code and added this missing feature, so all you have to do is use this modified version, go to carbonite settings and in Privacy & Comm section you'll find 2 checkboxes to disable global/zone channels.

Link to new version: http://addons.us.to/addon/carbonite

You sir are a hero

9. I dont know why, but when i put your version of Carbonite, it doesnt work at all. Only version that is working for me its Carbonite 1.3.1 :(

10. Yes it works lots of credits on you!!, and i can confirm its safe, my scanner doesnt find anything strange!
    Edited: June 16, 2017

11. Yes it works lots of credits on you!!, and i can confirm its safe, my scanner doesnt find anything strange!
    I'm having this same problem but on the Icecrown server, Does anyone know the solution on this server?

12. How about coding something (in the server itself) that removes all passwords from all "CrbZ*" channels and prevents the ability to password-protect them again?

Carbonite is a vital addon for lots of people, and some losers like to grief by putting permanent passwords on its communiation channels...

Why not fix it server-side? ;-)

Here's a ticket with a code-fix: 74384
    Edited: November 26, 2018

13. lol, did you even know how it's works?

12 Last