1. June 7, 2017  

Prot Pally AoE Leveling/Farming?

So since alliance has 7.5x, I was thinking of making a Paladin, and at 40 respec Prot and try to level through AoE grinding. Has anyone tried this, or do you think it's very effective?

Ideally I'd go places where questers normally don't go, but there's an abundance of mobs very close together to pull, and AoE down.

Any opinions?

2. June 8, 2017  
    Its difficult, you don't have much mitigation gear so you aren't really mitigating much more than ret. The biggest problem how ever is damage, damage is slow and expensive mana wise, you can blow your entire mana pool and have the mobs at maybe 1/2 hp then if you do manage to have some mana left you blow it on healing and then end up dying anyway due to only being able to auto attack.

If you have means of getting decent gear..... maybe. but ret single mobs will still probably be faster.

3. Change to prot around 45-50.
    You need a good shield and a fast weapon around 1.8 (for better proc with seal)
    Reckoning is a must and holy shield.
    Just use seal and judgement of wisdom for mana sustain.
    Pull 3 - 4 mobs as maximum.
    Try it it's nice.

4. This is exactly what I was curious about. I had a feeling it would be better once you got to outlands rather than vanilla, because you're in bad gear most of your leveling. With ret as long as you have a ok wep, your speed is fine.