1. June 7, 2017  

Gear/DPS Difficulties at Level 70?

Hey all,

Without being called a n00b, I'm having a bit trouble with gear as a new level 70. I pretty much skipped all of Zangramarsh and every other zone. I finished most of Hellfire Peninsula up to the final quests. I did some of the introductory quests in Zangramarsh and I did most of Terokkar Forest.

I tried doing a Sethekk Halls Normal and the group kept wiping on the first boss. I'm doing around 300 dps as a Warlock and we had a 70 rogue doing even less than that. The highest was our mage doing 500ish in mostly blues and the paladin tank was only slightly less than me. I also tried some quests in Shadowmoon Valley and the mobs hit me and my Void like an absolute truck.

Most of my gear is low level greens from HFP and before Outland. What is the next thing I should do? I definitely think I need gear to boost my dps, but don't know where to go. SMV has a ton of gear, but I still feel like it was too hard for me and I had to drink/heal after each mob.

2. June 7, 2017  
    Definitely make a list of BiS pre-kara gear and enhancements from quests and reputation. Do it, some of them are quite long chain with group quests at the end. Also start saving gold for epic Tailoring PvE sets, if you are a tailor the better.

3. June 7, 2017  

4. June 8, 2017  
    nagrand and netherstorm has heaps of good greens and blues for you.

5. June 8, 2017  
    go 0/21/40 destro spec
    full green your dps will be 500-600

6. June 8, 2017  

7. June 8, 2017  
    Fresh 70 lock can do well with 3 specs, SM/ruin which is based on nightfall procs and bonus shadow dmg. Demo gives a fair amount of bonus spell dmg, you can go succubus for better dps but it's really hard to keep your pet alive and takes a lot of micro management or you can put the extra point in for felguard which suffers dps a small bit but he doesn't die on every other pull. And then full destro that landcrow referred to.

Rep farming for the different factions is the easiest way to gear up, though it's a drag and takes a bit of time, it is totally doable. Nearly every faction has a piece you'll need. Locks need gear before using ds/ruin spec. You have to hit a certain crit level, some say you need t6 gear for it but that's just not true, my lock on another server was outdpsing t5/6 geared players in mostly t4 and a few sunwell badge pieces. But you should wait until at least 20% crit.

And until you're hit capped, your dps is gonna suffer greatly. It's the single most important stat