1. U are right...
    What happens when u que for RDF as a DPS/Tank with Best in Slot Fury Warrior, Death Knight, Ret Paladin, Feral Druid and get in as a DPS role in the end?
    U are perfectly capable of tanking everything and speeding up the run.
    Is it ok for a low geared tank that doesnt feel special cos u are doing everything to:
    Stop tanking and goes afk,
    Asks healer to stop healing u,
    Complain the whole run,
    Vote kick 10 times?
    Who is the special snowflake there?

And as for roles, what is a best in slot Fury Warrior, Ret Paladin, Feral Druid, Death Knight?
    DPS and a Tank in one from what i know...
    All i said was: be the best u can at any given situation, dont be a dick, if there is a douchbag in the group, get rid of him.

As for the topic, "PVE skill and Hierarchy" people talked from their perspective of the RDF expirience, i talked from mine, and i never said anything that is not 5m group related.

But i guess we can always agree to disagree...
    Idk whenever i join a group on an overgeared plate dps, people seem overjoyed that the run takes 10 mins less then it would have, The only situation when its not acceptable to pull before a tank is simply the healer is undergeared, other then that pull away, a good healer makes the tank whoever needs to be the tank, be it a fury, ret, dk or Feral, Like **** i've tanked dungeons as an ele shaman before whats the big deal? This thread is hilarious tbh.

2. Now, this is a fun topic. Everyone has a different point of view and I'll share mine:

Whenever I'm tanking, if a dps decides to purposely pull one mob or a pack I let them tank it, I will simply reduce myself to melee attacks and a few abilites. If he dies, well, boo hoo!!!

Whenever I'm healing, if a dps decides to purposely pull one mob or a pack I will not heal them during that encounter, plain and simple, let them die. They should be able to take on the mob if they are so desperate to continue.

The exceptions I make for this rule is when the pace is going so slow that I just want to get over with the dungeon as quickly as possible and when the tank is being a ****.

3. In my opinion the tank role is to take damage instead of the damage dealers, so if the DPS wish to go ahead and CAN stand the mobs until I reach them, 'm totally fine. Just common sense if they pull too much for them or if they screw the party. Now if I am to stand there and let people wipe just because I'm not the star of the party surely the fault would be mine. Sometimes I don't even know where to proceed in a raid, so I let someone go ahead leading the way. The faster the DPS clean ahead, less damage I have to take.

4. my humble opinion: whenever im tanking im an alpha, not one of those betas can take threat off me

(=

5. My experience as a healer, i would rather for tank to have agro and tank it than a bis dps since it doesnt matter how good their dps gear is its still trashy when it comes to tanking things, especially groups that do magical plus physical dmg. Like you need to overheal them to survive xD. Unless they mix their eq with pvp than it becomes a tad smother run. When im tanking i usually try to pick agro from whomever gets it, but if my cds are not rdy and im constantly loosing agro ill go into "**** it" mode and let things progress its natural way(healer trying to heal dps/dps dying). You know sometimes people just want to enjoy the game and do things smooth, like on my healer when i join rdf i do not want to have a feeling like im in icc on bql spamming my healing spells for raid to survive xD. But also, there are some toxic persons playing on this server like on every other one, it doesnt matter which role those persons are playing they will always ***** about something like: low dps, tank hold agro, heeeaaallll meeeeehh, and than you know, call you names and stuff.

6. whenever I tank icc25hc and someone ninjapull I just let the raid wipe, because its about principle and respect. thede dd need to settle down and respect the tank who is the soul of the raid, you know what I mean?
    Spoiler: Show
    I dont tank at all. if I ever were to tank, I wouldnt just let people die and stall **** just because someone ninjapulled... I dont get people these days, seriously stop *****ing about every little thing.

7. Whenever I tank ICC25hc, i don't actually tank. I just pretend to tank.

8. Whenever I tank ICC25hc, i don't actually tank. I just pretend to tank.
    I've experienced this first hand

9. OP opened this thread with the subject "PVE Skill and Hierarchy". It's clear he came in here hoping for people to set the hierarchy straight;

Something like "Tanks are responsible for all tanking, pulling and mob management. DPS should know their place!"

If we are talking about RDF, with geared DPS then I'm sorry, feelings should not come into the equation at all. It's just an RDF, if somebody wants to roleplay tanking in slowmo it is them who should find another group. If the group is capable of storming through the RDF as quick as they can there is no reason they should not do so. Or is it fair that because 1 player out of 5 has a designated role that he forces the other 4 members to slow to his pace?

If we are talking about a raid, it is entirely different. With any slightly difficult encounter the tank and raid leaders should decide what is pulled and when. DPS not obeying here is not acceptable.

But if DPS are pulling trash mobs in say ICC and there is no threat of a wipe, the tank has no good reason to get upset.. but many in fact do. Their feelings get hurt because their special task of pulling was taken away and often they will refuse to taunt in an attempt to wipe the group out of spite..

Now that says something, if a tank is willing to let a raid wipe simply because their feelings were hurt.. they need to grow up. If the pull didn't have negative impact, tank should just do their job and complete the encounter.

10. But if DPS are pulling trash mobs in say ICC and there is no threat of a wipe, the tank has no good reason to get upset.. but many in fact do. Their feelings get hurt because their special task of pulling was taken away and often they will refuse to taunt in an attempt to wipe the group out of spite..

Now that says something, if a tank is willing to let a raid wipe simply because their feelings were hurt.. they need to grow up. If the pull didn't have negative impact, tank should just do their job and complete the encounter.
    While DDs mostly slack like hell in raids with trash and boss fights, go afk between bossfights or simply do not pay attention, why is a tank be forced by these people to be 100% focused for hours just to prevened a whipe that is caused by a spoiled kid dd who is unable to wait 10 seconds?
    In my opinion as a tank, i do not need a stupid dd who trys to wipe the raid with his impatience. Every trash, can wipe a raid, if its going bad (heal afk, half raid slacking). A tank only needs to take a sip of water while a DD decides to pull and we got at least one dead dd, blaming the tank like a crybaby.
    As a DD you can go through the whole game by being bad, this only stops at a boss fight. If a DD is unable to follow orders and behave on trash, they are more likely to fail in boss fights. Not every trash puller is bad in genral, but my expirience show that most are.

I am not a slow tank, i try to be as fast as the raid allows, mostly rush from one trash to another. But on the other hand, i show DDs what happens if they do stupid pulls. I rather wipe one time, than risking a wipe every second, because a DD is unable to monitor the raid (healer oom or afk, tanks slacking, and so on).

With pugs, its simple. Its my time. I do not need to wast my time with wipes. Got enough DDs who can only pull big numbers on trash groups but stay at 2k dps at a boss fight.

First ... 234