1. There are Tanks that pull when both healers and DPS have no mana...
    There are DPS that pull when tank and healer are not ready...
    There are all kind of bad people, welcome to internet.

If u are a Tank/Healer u are not a special snowflake. U need 5 people for a group, and each one of them is an equaly important member of it.

Ive entered so many RDF Groups where Tank didnt have a single chance on holding aggro on 3+ targets over my Best in Slot Retri paladin (cos he was slow, bad, not geared as much as i am).
    Instead of trying to Taunt and Tank the mob that deals a lot of DMG (preventing it from oneshoting me), while i burst everything in my way, he complained constantly.
    I even let him Tank mobs for 5sec before DPSing, did 1 Divine Storm, instant 2/3 targets on me...
    After that i got some defencive items and rushed my way trough the instance (healing myself aswell, helping out the healer).
    Wana know what he did? Voted to kick me arround 10 times, and didnt DPS/Tank at all...

Did i make a forum post about it? How tanks think they are special and that we should have a 10 hour 5m instance cos they are slow? Even tho i could tank it and carry him trough the instance? No...

Its a game, all kind of stuff happens in it...
    If the tank is bad, if he takes 10 hour breaks before the pull, ofcourse im going to try and speed up the run a bit. Like u wouldnt.

If its a overgeared DPS taking aggro, killing everything in his way, try to tank the BIG npc that can one shot him, and let him tank the rest of the small ones...
    If its a dickhead, beeing a smartass, pulling everything and killing people, vote kick, or just let him die and go without him.
    If its something else, find ur way out of it, u wont become a better player by QQing on forums.

Again, if u are a Tank or a Healer, it doesnt mean u are Special (nor u are special as a DPS player)...
    Play the role u are playing the best u can. If u dont like the group, leave, make a little break, go back in RDF que, repeat.
    Or simply join a guild, do RDF with friends only, so on...
    This...

Finally a person who is in his straight mind. Thank you.

2. If u are a Tank/Healer u are not a special snowflake. U need 5 people for a group, and each one of them is an equaly important member of it.

Again, if u are a Tank or a Healer, it doesnt mean u are Special (nor u are special as a DPS player)...
    It takes a few seconds to replace a DD, but half an hour to replace a tank/healer. Many DD players refuse to play a supporting role like tank/healer, even if their class is capable of it. Big numbers seem to be way more cool. This selfish people are even worse while gearing up, flaming healer/tank, complaining everything, but refuse to heal/tank themselfs.

In retail me and a mate switched from dd to tank/heal while we needed to gear up with rdf. Never kicked more *******s ever again. We punished every dickhead dd who do not need to behave and/or thinks that he is somehow important for us. We got a new dd within seconds, while the dd waits 30 mins to make some other tank/healer mad.

As long as DDs, who can heal/tank, choose to wait half an hour in rdf que, Tank/heal are very special. They are the reason some dd have the chance to get a single rdf run that evening. Tank/heal is important for a rdf proc while DDs are replaceable with 90% of the comunity.

3. In retail me and a mate switched from dd to tank/heal while we needed to gear up with rdf. Never kicked more *******s ever again. We punished every dickhead dd who do not need to behave and/or thinks that he is somehow important for us. We got a new dd within seconds, while the dd waits 30 mins to make some other tank/healer mad..
    Guess WHO is the ****ing dickhead? Wow. What a shame. You are a disgrace to human race; same goes to your supposed "friend".

Tank/heal are very special. They are the reason some dd have the chance to get a single rdf run that evening. Tank/heal is important for a rdf proc while DDs are replaceable with 90% of the comunity.
    Guess what happens if there is no DPS queuing. SPOILER ALERT

Spoiler: Show
    YOU CANT ****ING DO DUNGEON YOU DUMB ****

What a ****ing ******ed muppet that needs to be gunned down ASAP for the better of humanity.

4. I see both sides to this honestly, there are tons of ****** tanks that thinks they are the center of the universe, at the same time there are dps that dont have time to wait for 15 sec while the heal (and sometimes tank and other dps) drinks to keep the run going smoothly so the fukk it up because they are is such a big fukking rush, when i play on my tank i simply ask them to let me pull and they usually give a nice reply like "ok :(" or "sure m8 :)" or even a sorry from time to time, we then talk and laugh and have a good time at a decent to fast pace. on the other side however, it seems that tanks are so full of themselves on this server, and they think we cant replace them, well they are partially wrong, now i will admitt i have yet to enter the heroic side of things but my gear is good enough allready. i play as a hunter (BM) and since day 1 in dungeons whenever we got an ******* of a tank that left or decided to just fukk us over and afk or something because someone ninjapulled by accident or on purpose i have simply said "i can tank with my pet" and it works everytime, dungeon is completed within decent time and everyone is happy (besides the ******* tank that was replaced by a trained animal that did a better job than him).

the key is communication and understanding, so the bottom line is:

DPS: be more understanding if you have a insecure tank that may be new to the role and just wanna try it out, help him along and give advice instead of yelling, be nice :D

Tanks: stop thinking you are the bellybutton of the world, you are not, only reason i cant run dungeons without you is because hunters cant sign as tank, you need to also be understanding of the DPS that just wants to be done and rather try to ask them not to pull and try to pick up your pace a tad, thats how you learn by trying new things. every run will then go faster and faster.

also going to fast no matter how good geared the dps is will end up wiping you, and according to my research a wipe will make the run last longer than a 15s drinking break or 5s setup before pull.

have a good day folks :D

oh btw, healers seem to never be dicks, so good on you healers keep up the good work

5. @AluschI
    And again, NO, u are not special.
    I can log a BiS Ret Paladin or a Feral and do both tanking and healing, so i guess i should kick everyone out of the grp, exept DPS, cos i think im special snowflake best pleyur out there?
    DONT HEAL ME! DONT TANK! I GOT THIS NUBS! Get over urself...

Bottom line:
    Tank is there to prevent other group members from dying.
    Healer is there to prevent other group members from dying.
    DPS is there to kill stuff so u dont spend 10 hours in an instance.
    U need 5 members for a group, each one of them is equaly important.
    If u que RDF, u join it to kill stuff and get rewards. It doesnt matter if a DPS tanks more mobs than u, if healer can keep everyone up, keep going. Instead of qqing try picking big hard hitting mobs and let the DPS tank and kill other mobs asap.

If u are playing something (tank/healer) that is not played as much as something else (DPS), that does not make u special or a better player.
    Being chalendged and getting out of ur confort zone victorious despite everything, might make u a one...

Edit:
    And as Kjakan said, the one and ONLY player that should be complaining is a healer. I never saw a healer stop healing cos DPS was tanking...
    So yea, grow some balls tanks. U are not less important if DPS overagroes u a bit... If u feel like that, something is wrong with u.
    Edited: June 15, 2017

6. Just did Azjol Nerub through RDF. The tank was being a dick so we kicked him and I tanked it on my shadow priest. kek
    Old content needs a damage buff.

7. Guess WHO is the ****ing dickhead?
    The one who needs to swear like a ***** to make him more important?

Guess what happens if there is no DPS queuing. SPOILER ALERT
    That will never happen...

What a ****ing ******ed muppet that needs to be gunned down ASAP for the better of humanity.
    wow, kid, calm down its only a game. you can start crying when you get ganked 24/7

8. Shadow Priest casts SW:P on a mob before the tank aggros
    The tank:
    That's honestly how those kind of tanks sound like, making a fuss out of something easily handled
    Then have fun handling it yourself as the tank. Barring exceptions where it's knowingly disadvantageous for the tank to pull or where the tank asks someone else to pull a specific group, the moment you pull, you are the tank as far as I'm concerned. No fuss, just going DD until it's a wipe.
    Finally a person who is in his straight mind. Thank you.
    It's always good to see when someone can so openly come out and admit that, for them, a "straight mind" is someone throwing hyperbole over a bundle of non-arguments attacking the poster and the fact a post was made, not the content of the post itself.

9. It's always good to see when someone can so openly come out and admit that, for them, a "straight mind" is someone throwing hyperbole over a bundle of non-arguments attacking the poster and the fact a post was made, not the content of the post itself.
    Telling me that "I would ban you if I had power over accounts" is not "attacking", but Gnimo saying "QQ-ing on forum wouldn't make you a better player. Just enjoy the game" is soon "attacking".

Maybe that logic of yours apply the same to you.

10. Telling me that "I would ban you if I had power over accounts" is not "attacking", but Gnimo saying "QQ-ing on forum wouldn't make you a better player. Just enjoy the game" is soon "attacking".
    That's your "argument"? A really weak deflection of the subject? I can see the "straightness of mind," indeed...

11. It takes a few seconds to replace a DD, but half an hour to replace a tank/healer. Many DD players refuse to play a supporting role like tank/healer, even if their class is capable of it. Big numbers seem to be way more cool. This selfish people are even worse while gearing up, flaming healer/tank, complaining everything, but refuse to heal/tank themselfs.

In retail me and a mate switched from dd to tank/heal while we needed to gear up with rdf. Never kicked more *******s ever again. We punished every dickhead dd who do not need to behave and/or thinks that he is somehow important for us. We got a new dd within seconds, while the dd waits 30 mins to make some other tank/healer mad.

As long as DDs, who can heal/tank, choose to wait half an hour in rdf que, Tank/heal are very special. They are the reason some dd have the chance to get a single rdf run that evening. Tank/heal is important for a rdf proc while DDs are replaceable with 90% of the comunity.
    Gotta agree with you mate as someone who aims to play all the tank classes and specs as well as the all the healing specs I choose to play those roles because I know healers and tanks are in short supply and if you do pull a group of mobs before me at least MD me or Tricks of the trade me or just make sure that the mobs I'm tanking already are about to die so I can charge/death and decay/avengers shield them to get aggro on me again is that too much to ask?

12. Then have fun handling it yourself as the tank. Barring exceptions where it's knowingly disadvantageous for the tank to pull or where the tank asks someone else to pull a specific group, the moment you pull, you are the tank as far as I'm concerned. No fuss, just going DD until it's a wipe.
    I will never understand this logic tbh... Why do u even care who pulls what? If the job is done, every mob is dead, every group member alive, does it matter?
    Should DPS stop doing their job and just afk if the tank is facing the mobs the way they dont feel like?
    "Turn them the other way, i have to DPS them from the back!"
    Should DPS stop doing their job and just afk if other players outdps them?
    "OMG u are outdpsing me, stop doing that, vote kick, nub!"
    Should Healers stop healing if tank is not waiting for them to be on 100% mana before every pull?
    "I need full mana for the next pack, even tho im on 90%, who knows what can happen when facing 2 tank and spank NPCs!"

From my point of view, u get in a random instance, u grow a pair, u clear everything, u get out of it... Simple as that.
    If everyone is alive after every pack of mobs is dead, everything is fine.
    Aslong as someone is not beeing a douchbag, pulling stuff that group cant handle, everything is fine...

The problem is that those RDF "Hero" Tanks are ofended when someone pulls instead of them, like they lose some value if they dont pull every pack.
    Its not the end of the world, u are not less of a Tank if someone overagroes u...
    Overagro and ninja pulls happen in end game raiding guilds aswell when they clear ICC, u just need to find a way to get used to it and deal with it.

But hey, who am i to say that u are not the special snowflake u think u are.
    FunFact: World is not spinning arround u if u play a Tank/Healer class. Sorry...

I quoted this and decided to adress it cos its coming from one of the Warmane staff. Nothing personal...
    This can only encourage those "Special" kind of Tanks to be even more anoying when someone does something they dont feel its right.
    Ninja pulls happen. Overagro happens.
    Get over it.
    Its not the end of the world, aslong as group can handle it.

Not Tanking cos u feel sad/mad, or if something is not going ur way is not something that is ok to do, its a dick move to be honest...
    Try to find the best solution for the whole group at that point (try tanking the biggest baddest add so he doesnt oneshot someone).
    Speed up ur pulling (dont overdo it, if other group members cant handle it, slow down a bit).
    If they (douche DPS) start pulling more and more, resulting in their death, or death of a group member, whole group, ask them nicely to stop, vote kick if they continue.

Its easy to be a douche. Try beeing a better man...

Best of luck. :)

13. In all your new batch of hyperbole and misdirecting examples that have no real parallel to the topic, you apparently don't even realize it...

Yes, dungeons take five people. Five people who picked a class with a goal in mind, sometimes a race with a goal in mind, a specialization with a goal in mind, grinded for equipment to optimize the goal they have in mind. Having the expectation of playing the role they work to fit in that group of five people is nothing outrageous or far fetched. Mistakes happen, but I doubt the thread creator has an issue with someone at one time throwing a ranged attack too soon and hitting before the tank reaches the mob. The complain isn't about the occasional "oops" moment.

On the other hand, there are people who find themselves fit to lead the charge everywhere. Ironically, while you call the tank who complains an "RDF Hero," that applies in fact to the Eric "I do what I want" Cartman special snowflake; the guy who has no care about party roles who pulls because he can and the tank better cover it up; the guy who's his own group and just wants to get it all done, the other four players just being "minions" to get it done.

Do you realize it now? You are the special snowflake here, the one saying roles don't have to be respected, the one saying party organization and working as a group together isn't needed, the one saying if someone wants to meddle into a role they aren't filling it's fine and that complaining about that is whining, that the investment and effort of someone building a tank character is irrelevant, that what matters is you getting it done in the end.

Here, you are the special snowflake promoting discarding "labels,""roles," and "assigned duties" because you don't have to "conform" to society.
    Tanks don't believe the world spins around them; they simply believe an organized group spins around roles and people playing along them properly.

14. U are right...
    What happens when u que for RDF as a DPS/Tank with Best in Slot Fury Warrior, Death Knight, Ret Paladin, Feral Druid and get in as a DPS role in the end?
    U are perfectly capable of tanking everything and speeding up the run.
    Is it ok for a low geared tank that doesnt feel special cos u are doing everything to:
    Stop tanking and goes afk,
    Asks healer to stop healing u,
    Complain the whole run,
    Vote kick 10 times?
    Who is the special snowflake there?

And as for roles, what is a best in slot Fury Warrior, Ret Paladin, Feral Druid, Death Knight?
    DPS and a Tank in one from what i know...
    All i said was: be the best u can at any given situation, dont be a dick, if there is a douchbag in the group, get rid of him.

As for the topic, "PVE skill and Hierarchy" people talked from their perspective of the RDF expirience, i talked from mine, and i never said anything that is not 5m group related.

But i guess we can always agree to disagree...

15. What happens when u que for RDF as a DPS/Tank with Best in Slot Fury Warrior, Death Knight, Ret Paladin, Feral Druid and get in as a DPS role in the end?
    U are perfectly capable of tanking everything and speeding up the run.
    Is it ok for a low geared tank that doesnt feel special cos u are doing everything to:
    Stop tanking and goes afk,
    Asks healer to stop healing u,
    Complain the whole run,
    Vote kick 10 times?
    Who is the special snowflake there?
    Don't you see you are advocating that it's fine to act like an "RDF Hero"? It's great that you are perfectly capable of tanking everything in your specific example - which is just that, not a sum of all that happens and pisses tanks off - but was the actual assigned Tank of the group asked if he was fine being set aside? Is the Tank who complains or tries to remove someone not following roles wrong, or is the special snowflake the person "taking matters in their own hands" because "they can"?

Some Tanks might be just fine if you say you're overgeared and going to rush the whole thing and give everyone an easy run, but if the Tank isn't fine, you should be the one toning it down or leaving the group - you're the "odd" element in the group composition. People are playing the game to have fun, people pick a role to have fun playing the role, and not everyone has fun having it all rushed because someone "can." Trampling over all that is the attitude of the "special snowflake." Someone wanting roles to be played as they should is, if anything, a traditionalist and conformist.

First 1234 Last