1. June 9, 2017  
    Already happened to me a tank leave RDF because dps would aggro before him. Tanks indeed seem to have the biggest egos, us DPS we just want to end the dungeon quickly. Also, aggroing before the tank in RDF HC where we overgear it is one thing, in raids it's another, cant even compare.

2. June 9, 2017  
    I always had the most problems with Tanks in Dungeons, they are mostly full of it.
    Take it from me, i'm a healer.

3. tbh most heroics can be tanked by geared dps with no issues at all
    Pretty much all except for like POS last boss who can one shot some "tanks" and most DPS characters.
    But srsly, yea, dps pulling at random if they're low af is annoying, as either a healer or as a tank, but I do it too when I'm dpsing cause SPEED IT UP A LITTLE BIT NOW WONT YOU FOR CHRIST SAKE. Who cares, tanks will taunt, healers will heal, it's really boring to "heal" when no one's taking dmg or to tank when no one's taking agro...

4. I've taken part in this discussion many times over on Blizzard's forums over the years, and they always turn out the same. You have a bunch of people who believe A, and then a bunch of people who believe B, and very few in the middle. But here's how things should work;

1. It is usually in your best interest to let the tank do the pulling. I say "usually" because this is not always true. Sometimes the tank pulls slower than what the group's pace is capable of, or they're a newbie tank who doesn't know what they should or should not be pulling and/or are scared to pull, or it's an undergeared tank that would benefit greatly from a Misdirection or Tricks of the Trade pull.
    2. If you are in a situation where #1 does not apply, then it is usually in your best interest to use a threat redirection ability to pull for the tank, so that you don't get your healer killed by heal aggro (trust me, your healer will appreciate not having to tank).
    3. Sometimes you don't have access to a threat redirection ability in the group, so #2 does not apply. In these cases, you should be pulling for the tank in an intelligent manner. This means not pulling more than you or the tank can handle and getting yourselves or your whole group killed. This also means not stressing out the healer in addition to potentially pissing off the tank - I can guarantee you the healer won't give two ****s if you pull for the tank if you aren't making their job impossible, and that includes allowing them to drink to get mana back after they just burned it keeping your *** alive.

Did I miss something? Apply a similar thought process to it. (i.e. be thoughtful to at least some degree, to maximize morale and efficiency.) Voila. There you go.
    Don't like something that I've said? Well, that's too bad, because that means you most likely belong in a dungeon group with a bunch of friends and not expecting randoms to put up with your ****. But hey! Not me, nor anyone else, can stop you from being an asshat! Go ahead and pull as you please!

5. Actually depends on the expansion one's playing tbh, in Vanilla / TBC gl just 'taunting' mobs back if the tank didn't pull, in wrath its a joke and any decent healer can heal trash mobs on a plate dps, and in expansions past wrath they made threat so irrelevant and impossible not to lose aggro.

6. this is why we wait on tanks in que...was gonna tank but not now

7. this is why we wait on tanks in que...was gonna tank but not now
    This is very true. The toxic League Of Legends-kind of behavior is spreading across the internet. Nowhere is safe, sadly.

I absolutely LOVE to tank but only in a guild atmosphere. If something goes wrong in a random dungeon, the dps blame the healer and the tank, the healer blames the tank and the tank blames the healer. I'm not saying this is always the case but the amount of toxicity is astounding. My ignore list is literally full. Maybe if people are nicer, more patient and cut people more slack, more tanks would be around. No one wants to do a job that isn't fun because kids blame & flame you around 24/7. But hey, I don't mind. I hide chat and get instant queues on my tanks :)

8. If you are unable to take aggro from a DPS who pulled a mob, let's say, 5 seconds before you, you just shouldn't even be tanking..

Smh, this community? More like Smh, your pathetic ****ing game skill. Stop playing. **** off.
    For a poor geared tank, it is nearly impossible to take aggro from a icc geared dps who goes in full aoe dps. Spot and mass spot is not off cd for every group and is not a solution for the whole fight. There are so many dds, who clearly are way to stupid to understand the aggro system, but think that they got skill by stealing aggro from a poor geared tank.

Mobs in RFC HC got to low hp to retake aggro without spot if the dd outgears the tank and starts the fight. Mobs simply die before a tank can get enough aggro, unless the tank does enough dmg in short time. Base aggro from skills are too low to compensate dmg aggro from icc geared dds.
    If 3 dds burst down a mob to 50% health until the tank reach it, there is no way to take aggro before the mob dies. No big deal with a single mob, but a problem with groups. On the other hand, a icc geared tank does enough aggro with a single aoe, to never lose aggro until mob death.
    Initial pull aggro and a well placed aoe (control pull, not brainless ololol dd pull) is key for poor geared tanks to get and hold aggro.

Mostly it is not the tanks fault, its the fault of all those dds need to compensate something in life. To all fury, rets, dks and druids, spec tank and que as one (icc dps gear is good enough) instead of flaiming tanks.

9. If you're quick enough, dps won't have any time to pull :D

10. For a poor geared tank, it is nearly impossible to take aggro from a icc geared dps

[ .. ]
    a full icc geared dps is your tank

11. a full icc geared dps is your tank
    Than queue as tank in the first place. Why wasting time waiting, when you can have a insta proc?

12. beats me really

i always que as tank with the classes that're eligible for

13. The Tank is who leads the charge. If I'm tanking - in any game, not only when I played WoW - and someone else rushes ahead to DD, as far as I'm concerned they took over taking and good luck for them; don't expect me to stress over fixing the **** you started or to rush ahead at a frantic pace because mommy is calling for a diaper change and you need to finish quickly. By the same token, I patiently wait for the tank to take the lead when I'm in a DD role - within reason of course... one think is equipping some upgrade that dropped or letting "class fuel" regen, another is someone wanting everyone to stop because they need a "smoke break."

14. There are Tanks that pull when both healers and DPS have no mana...
    There are DPS that pull when tank and healer are not ready...
    There are all kind of bad people, welcome to internet.

If u are a Tank/Healer u are not a special snowflake. U need 5 people for a group, and each one of them is an equaly important member of it.

Ive entered so many RDF Groups where Tank didnt have a single chance on holding aggro on 3+ targets over my Best in Slot Retri paladin (cos he was slow, bad, not geared as much as i am).
    Instead of trying to Taunt and Tank the mob that deals a lot of DMG (preventing it from oneshoting me), while i burst everything in my way, he complained constantly.
    I even let him Tank mobs for 5sec before DPSing, did 1 Divine Storm, instant 2/3 targets on me...
    After that i got some defencive items and rushed my way trough the instance (healing myself aswell, helping out the healer).
    Wana know what he did? Voted to kick me arround 10 times, and didnt DPS/Tank at all...

Did i make a forum post about it? How tanks think they are special and that we should have a 10 hour 5m instance cos they are slow? Even tho i could tank it and carry him trough the instance? No...

Its a game, all kind of stuff happens in it...
    If the tank is bad, if he takes 10 hour breaks before the pull, ofcourse im going to try and speed up the run a bit. Like u wouldnt.

If its a overgeared DPS taking aggro, killing everything in his way, try to tank the BIG npc that can one shot him, and let him tank the rest of the small ones...
    If its a dickhead, beeing a smartass, pulling everything and killing people, vote kick, or just let him die and go without him.
    If its something else, find ur way out of it, u wont become a better player by QQing on forums.

Again, if u are a Tank or a Healer, it doesnt mean u are Special (nor u are special as a DPS player)...
    Play the role u are playing the best u can. If u dont like the group, leave, make a little break, go back in RDF que, repeat.
    Or simply join a guild, do RDF with friends only, so on...

15. Shadow Priest casts SW:P on a mob before the tank aggros

The tank:
    don't expect me to stress over fixing the **** you started or to rush ahead at a frantic pace because mommy is calling for a diaper change and you need to finish quickly
    That's honestly how those kind of tanks sound like, making a fuss out of something easily handled

First 1234 Last