1. June 8, 2017  

Mac

Hey ! Just a quick tutorial to play on mac. It does work but it is not optimized.

Download the Windows Version of the game (2.4.3)

Install these Windows packages not included In Mac OS anymore : https://www.xquartz.org/

And then, install WineHQ ( a quick program to emulate .exe programs) : https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ma...able-2.0.1.pkg

Finally, just launch Wow.exe and it should work normally ! You may encounter some sounds glitches sometimes, but it works like a charm otherwise !
    ( It does works on Linux aswell, just install a stable version of Wine)

2. July 1, 2017  
    Dosent work for me.
    After i launch it, it just goes dark, and after a minute or so it crashes. I have installed both programs.

3. I am at work so I can't give specifics:
    Download the windows client.
    I use "play-on-Mac" application. It is a wine based program, but it works smoothly for me. Should be found on google.
    Best of luck.

4. Hi guys,

I used PlayonMac and Wine on my mac, the game launches but my game is lagging hard.
    My specs:

i5 2,7 GHz
    8 GB DDR3 Ram
    Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536MB
    Early 2015 Mac.

I guess the specs are good enough to play TBC but like I said it is lagging hard.
    You got any suggestions?

5. Hello,

I read the thread and was left with the impression that people still find it troublesome to run TBC on Mac. As I was fiddling with Wine, I got a solution for us, fellow Mac users. You need to download the windows version of the game, in this case it's a RIP, not n ISO - already pre-installed.I will try to explain it comprehensively:

1) First of all, you need to download Wineskin (http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-index.php)
    2) Open it and click the + where it says "New engines available"
    3) Click "Download and install" and wait for the process to finish
    4) Back to the main window, click "Create new blank wrapper" and name it TBC
    5) When it's done, click "View wrapper in Finder" and double click the app
    6) In the new window click Set Scree Options and check the boxes on "Use Mac driver instead of X1" and "Use Direct3D boost"
    7) After you are done with that, click "Install software" and then "Move a folder inside" - for this step you need to choose the folder with your wow game - find it, select it and click choose and then ok
    8) Click Advanced and choose the path of your Wow.exe - it will most probably be inside drive_c/program files/world of warcraft (the name of the folded you just moved inside the wrapper). Find Wow.exe and click Choose
    9) Click Test run and you have to be done at this point

Run the game and exit when you get to the log in screen. Now you have to find the folder which has to be on the same adress as the wow.exe file you just had to select. On my Mac is in User name (my account name)/applications/wineskin/TBC. Right click the TBC app and go to "Show package content".
    There in drive_c/program files you will find your wow folder. Afterwards it's straight forward as on windows - change the realmlist and add addons etc.

I have done this procedure several times now and it's flawless. I'm running 10.11.6 El Capitan. The game runs as it should. The only problem I have encountered so far is that all your macros disappear every time you launch the game. So no macros for us, chaps :/
    Edited: October 9, 2017

6. Hello,
    -snip-
    I have done this procedure several times now and it's flawless. I'm running 10.11.6 El Capitan. The game runs as it should. The only problem I have encountered so far is that all your macros disappear every time you launch the game. So no macros for us, chaps :/
    How common is this issue?

If macros are deleted only on game execution then it might be possible to either script or manually perform macro re-population sometime pre/post login. I think macros are refreshed on login/logout. Macros are stored locally as plain text files in the WoW folder hierarchy under the paths (please note that the path may not be 100% correct for TBC, this is from quickly looking at my WOTLK folder):
    <wow_folder_path>/WTF/Account/<account_name>/macros-cache.txt
    and
    <wow_folder_path>/WTF/Account/<account_name>/<server_name>/<character_name>/macros-cache.txt
    (these are account global and character specific macros, respectively). So this means that they can be saved elsewhere and then copied to the proper location when needed.

Another thing to check would be file/directory permissions/attributes. The client may be unable to write to the local cache in the first place.
    Edited: October 10, 2017

7. Hello,

I read the thread and was left with the impression that people still find it troublesome to run TBC on Mac. As I was fiddling with Wine, I got a solution for us, fellow Mac users. You need to download the windows version of the game, in this case it's a RIP, not n ISO - already pre-installed.I will try to explain it comprehensively:

1) First of all, you need to download Wineskin (http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-index.php)
    2) Open it and click the + where it says "New engines available"
    3) Click "Download and install" and wait for the process to finish
    4) Back to the main window, click "Create new blank wrapper" and name it TBC
    5) When it's done, click "View wrapper in Finder" and double click the app
    6) In the new window click Set Scree Options and check the boxes on "Use Mac driver instead of X1" and "Use Direct3D boost"
    7) After you are done with that, click "Install software" and then "Move a folder inside" - for this step you need to choose the folder with your wow game - find it, select it and click choose and then ok
    8) Click Advanced and choose the path of your Wow.exe - it will most probably be inside drive_c/program files/world of warcraft (the name of the folded you just moved inside the wrapper). Find Wow.exe and click Choose
    9) Click Test run and you have to be done at this point

Run the game and exit when you get to the log in screen. Now you have to find the folder which has to be on the same adress as the wow.exe file you just had to select. On my Mac is in User name (my account name)/applications/wineskin/TBC. Right click the TBC app and go to "Show package content".
    There in drive_c/program files you will find your wow folder. Afterwards it's straight forward as on windows - change the realmlist and add addons etc.

Just posting this as an update, http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tik....php?postId=87

Needs to be followed, do not enable "Direct3D Boost" either, I was not able to run the program with it enabled. Usage may vary