1. June 8, 2017  

How do I quickly build rage and hold it?

I am looking for tips from the pros on how to quickly build rage and hold it so that I can maintain agro through a complete fight, whether it is a small group of mobs or the boss encounters.

This is my first melee tank, a prot warrior. All my other toons up until now have been RDPS or heals. I find that as I level and get into a dungeon, I have a constant irritation that rage starts at zero and builds slower that a snail moving up a mountain of salt. I know that as a prot warrior, I need to hold agro on one, or many, mobs. My problem is that I cannot build rage fast enough to start pulling a sufficient amount of agro. I watch a lot of mobs lose interest in me and wander over to my heals or another dps to attack them because I am depleted of rage needed to hit that next Revenge, Thunder Clap or Sunder Armor and can't pull the agro back to me.

I am looking for advise from you pros regarding how to quickly build and maintain rage so that I can do my job and continually hold agro away from the team.

2. June 9, 2017  
    Improved Charge and Tactical Mastery. Stance dancing - Battle->Charge->Defensive->Clap for initial snap aggro, from there its Shield Slam and Devastate, tab-target, Devastate etc Cleave, Revenge.

The hardest part about Warrior is impatient DPS, we don't have Swipe or Consecrate so we need to build threat on secondary targets by tabbing to them but at the same time need to build threat on the main target, clap isn't enough. Front load as much threat you can onto Skull - SS, Dev, Revenge then you need to tab like a mad man before healer pulls threat on the secondaries.

Shadow Labs for example will make you want to cut your dick off with how much knockdowns, MC and fear there is, CC is your friend as a warrior. You will be knocked down before you even hit the secondary targets, healer will then rip aggro, DPS will still be DPS while you run after the mobs on healer.

If people wait, you will get hit/block/dodge/parry and get rage and make your life easy. If people rip aggro off you when all you have done is shoot the mob they deserve to die.

You can do something like this, rage is not much of an issue once you get into higher content.

http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents...33020103531351
    Edited: June 9, 2017