1. June 9, 2017  

Shattered Halls normal, last boss bugged?

So I just went through this instance on normal and everything was going fine until we met with the last boss Kargarath.

I remember playing this instance way back on retail when TBC was active but I could never remember him spawning 2 elite assassins cheap shothing everyone and 2 non elite mobs every thirty seconds effectively overrun the group within 1 minute.
    Is this intended or a bug?

Just watched some old videos from this boss on retail and he's only spawning one non elite add each wave.

If the intended idea is to overtune the hell out of this instance, what's the intended tactic to beat the boss?

2. June 9, 2017  
    Clearing it daily on HC and farmed it alot on Normal for the tanking trinket. It's fine.
    Assassins are there on pull, you can techincally kill them without aggroing Kargath, if not tank pick them up and CC them, kill 1 by 1 or keep them CC'd. They will not respawn once killed.

The new mobs that spawn are NON-Elite and very weak, also spawn after him rushing around the room. Tank pick those up.

3. June 9, 2017  
    Clearing it daily on HC and farmed it alot on Normal for the tanking trinket. It's fine.
    Assassins are there on pull, you can techincally kill them without aggroing Kargath, if not tank pick them up and CC them, kill 1 by 1 or keep them CC'd. They will not respawn once killed.

The new mobs that spawn are NON-Elite and very weak, also spawn after him rushing around the room. Tank pick those up.
    We tried killing him multipile times. Every time a new add(non elite) spawned two in our group got cheapshotted and we had 2 additional Assassins hiting us.
    I suspected there was uncleared Assassins in the boss room so we did a scout with paranoia and the human racial without finding anything. We tried different tactics, including killing the assassins. They were always present.

The assassins we encountered were spawning on a timer as the boss progressed. 90 seconds we had 6 elite mobs and 3 regular mobs wreaking havoc. The fight seemed impossible just because of the sheer amount of adds spawning.

4. June 9, 2017  
    The same thing happened to my group. The elite assassins didn't stop spawning and we had no chance with them plus the 6 normal adds. I haven't been back since.

5. June 9, 2017  
    There is a trick, your whole groupe walks through the boss, until you walk down the other side...Boss will reset. Then you pull the two stealth adds on the side, After only tank goes in the "Cage" and tanks Boss. Rest of the group stays outside. Its important that noone overagros cause then Boss will reset. Adds just needs to Be tanked.
    Its easy that way

6. June 9, 2017  
    There are bugs on bugtracker regarding that boss and they are confirmed and in pending status on bugtracker with 40+ votes. He is obv bugged a bit. Yeah, he was supossed to be hard on normal even, but there is something wrong with his cleave, and with his damage.

Check bugtracker.

note: killed him with two healers + 2 dps and with pala tank half epic with 520+ def, we literaly went both oom to heal him up, as the boss is doing to much damage.

7. June 9, 2017  
    Ofcourse they go oom if you go two healers and lack dps, it's a dps requirement fight. It's supposed to be tough, cleave is buggy in a matter that you can't really bring melee dps, get 3 ranged and it's really easy. A paladin tank with the gear you mentioned will have no problem at all on normal seeing im doing it on HC as paladin tank.

http://imgur.com/a/en72z

Here is a picture from Heroic with a ''half geared'' resto druid who is not even oom by the time we Killed Kargath.
    Your healers might be coming from WoTlK and being not used to healing in TBC and are not downranking spells? Which explains why they are oom.

8. June 9, 2017  
    ...cleave is buggy in a matter that you can't really bring melee dps, get 3 ranged....
    This doesn't sound fine. He doesn't charge and his cleave hits 360 degrees in a 20 yard range...over and over and over.

9. June 9, 2017  
    He does charge, and yeah the cleave is bit buggy like i said, but it's a doable fight. Far from impossible like people make it up to be, Melee dps are useless overall in TBC anyway, just don't group with them :^)

10. June 9, 2017  
    This boss has been very hard to do with PUGs but very easy with a guild group. You can ignore the adds entirely if your DPS can pull 800+, we were farming SHH for rep last night and blowing through the boss and instance in 30 minutes with about 3.8k group DPS on bosses (except 2nd boss because he's a kitefest). The cleave was more bugged last week, now he actually runs around and is properly killable.

Add spawning is time based, after a certain number of seconds elapse he will spawn non-elite mobs and then new elites. You can tank and ignore the adds with a decent group, and I recommend this strategy. Don't try to run SHH with a green geared healer and <500 individual DPS.

11. June 9, 2017  
    Prob a terrible Paladin who just stacks defense and stamina without bcuz that looks cool. Hate these scrubs

12. My issue is he resets after like 3 seconds when I solo him.