1. June 9, 2017  

What's up with the crazy prices on the Alli AH?

Hey all,

I was just looking to see if anyone could explain to me what the deal is with AH prices on Alliance side. Horde seems relatively fair, whereas Alliance prices are all wonky. Low level gear is 2-20g. Low level mats, don't even get me started. I saw multiple stacks of iron bars for 80g. Linen cloth is 1-2g a stack.

Especially with the XP boost, it can be kind of frustrating questing and not being able to obtain any new gear for awhile. Good luck on finding a group for instances. AH is a definite no due to the ridonkulus prices. Questing is really the only source of new gear, and that is really hit and miss.

I guess I am just a little frustrated that the mats for a green piece of level 30 gear will run me 100g+. The AH is just like it is on retail at the moment-- what gives? This is just my guess, but I would assume the AH is like this because of the dramatic boom in population.

Anyways. Anyone have any insight on this?

Suggestion #1 - Increase nodes/resources. Population is super high making simple resources ridiculously over-priced.

Suggestion #2 - Higher penalty for failed AH attempts. If you list a stack of iron bars for 80g and none of them sell, you will be taxed.

Suggestion #3 - Listing price increases the more you increase an item's price on the AH.

Yes I'm just venting.
    Edited: June 9, 2017 Reason: Adding suggestions

2. June 9, 2017  
    Hey all,

I was just looking to see if anyone could explain to me what the deal is with AH prices on Alliance side. Horde seems relatively fair, whereas Alliance prices are all wonky. Low level gear is 2-20g. Low level mats, don't even get me started. I saw multiple stacks of iron bars for 80g. Linen cloth is 1-2g a stack.

Especially with the XP boost, it can be kind of frustrating questing and not being able to obtain any new gear for awhile. Good luck on finding a group for instances. AH is a definite no due to the ridonkulus prices. Questing is really the only source of new gear, and that is really hit and miss.

I guess I am just a little frustrated that the mats for a green piece of level 30 gear will run me 100g+. The AH is just like it is on retail at the moment-- what gives? This is just my guess, but I would assume the AH is like this because of the dramatic boom in population.

Suggestion #1 - Increase nodes/resources. Population is super high making simple resources ridiculously over-priced.

Suggestion #2 - Higher penalty for failed AH attempts. If you list a stack of iron bars for 80g and none of them sell, you will be taxed.

Suggestion #3 - Listing price increases the more you increase an item's price on the AH.

Yes I'm just venting.
    As someone who sells ore/bars for profit but sorry, the demand is so high and the supply is so low that its not uncommon for my auctions to sell at that price. I suggest you take advantage of the market and start selling materials yourself. Do us all a favor and dont undercut by 20+g. You're only hurting yourself and every other seller by crashing it.

3. June 9, 2017  
    you either survive and get to outland greens or reroll a less gear dependant class; ranged classes. Better of leveling skinning and herb for example, mining sounds over farmed.

4. June 9, 2017  
    with a small loan of 1 million dollars

5. June 9, 2017  
    Mounts are free, thats 1500g from every new 70 lvl. Of course AH prices skyrocketed.

6. Mounts are free, thats 1500g from every new 70 lvl. Of course AH prices skyrocketed.
    Mount training*

7. Hey all,

Yes I'm just venting.
    Get a gathering prof, preferably mining. Sell everything and progress to mithril. Spend a few hours mining mithril and now you'll have a nest egg to last you until outlands.

FYI 4 stacks of mithril netted me over 200g, which was plenty.