1. New player here - does it feel like TBC used to feel 10 y ago?

Hey there all,

I'm thinking of returning to Warmane with new TBC release. I was really looking forward to it. Does it have the same "thing" it used to on Blizzard almost 10 years ago. Or does it even feel better, more and better scripted or not?

Thanks in advance,

2. You actually get the old WoW feeling when playing, it's pretty amazing how far these kind of servers have come.

If you want an even more authentic feeling, you should probably roll on Medivh (the x1 exp server).

3. no u wont.
    Because back in the days maybe 5% of the playerbased min/maxed and everyone else just casual'd around.
    On this Realm, if u don't grind your HC keys within days u can **** off basically.

4. Sort of. IMO the economy is already all over the place Alliance side. Prices are just jacked on the AH. Plus, Warmane is very multi-cultural. You'll be playing with people from Russia, the US, Scandinavia, the UK, China etc. whereas on retail you were able to pretty much play with people from where you are from.

Also the population is just massive, so pretty much any time is prime-time. If you enjoyed peaceful questing, ya kiss that good bye.

5. It's the same as it was back then. I think it's even better now that the factions are almost perfectly balanced. At least it feels the same for me, because what made old wow for me was the talent build variety. Currently I'm leveling a paladin and I'm just now remembering shockadins and reckoning with retribution talents. Also I will probably make a warlock so I can be SL/SL spec, or AR/prep rogue. Lot's of old builds that were viable in TBC that new wow killed long ago in cataclysm. Nowadays WoW gives you less talent points and basically forces you into cookie cutter builds. In TBC and WoTLK (to a certain extent) there is more variety for builds. It's more like an old school RPG than what WoW is now.

6. Hey there all,

I'm thinking of returning to Warmane with new TBC release. I was really looking forward to it. Does it have the same "thing" it used to on Blizzard almost 10 years ago. Or does it even feel better, more and better scripted or not?

Thanks in advance,
    my balls have dropped and people ask for gear score, that's about it

7. No cuz everyone is just gonna buy best in slot gear once the shop comes out. So unless you got $1000 to blow to be competitive in PvP dont bother

8. No cuz everyone is just gonna buy best in slot gear once the shop comes out. So unless you got $1000 to blow to be competitive in PvP dont bother
    This isn't WoTLK, resilience doesn't reduce damage done by players, it just reduces the chance of being a victim of a critical strike. BiS players can get their asses wiped by fresh 70s, even sometimes by players, under 70! Seen it happen plenty of times. Being that PvP gear is also easy to get, I'd say yes, do bother doing PvP.

On Topic: I'd say somewhat yes. The scripts are decent, being that it's x5 you can easily skip some zones where quests are bugged, however, the feel is truly genuine of all the players that come and play (Don't give a mother**** if it's fake or not, the zones always feel alive). Ganking may get a bit out of hand, but my best advice is just to either suck it up, or find a new place to quest. (Instead of going to STV, go to Desolace or Feralas). Although, being that this is a 10 year old game, you should familiarize yourself with TBC, like how to farm HC keys and rep grinding techniques and especially boss fights. Most of the players in the server expect raiders to be "one with TBC", so if you're a bit sketchy I'd refresh myself with some TBC nostalgia.
    Edited: June 19, 2017

9. It actually gives me the same feelings I got back then when I started to play TBC. The world around me feels alive, full of players, there IS a community after all, anywhere I go, I will find ppl questing/grinding, I can group up with them, and so on. Something that retail left behind ages ago. Nowadays you can play the ENTIRE game from SW/OG, the leveling, the raiding, pvp, everything. You don't even have to leave town. IT's more like a single player experience.
    But TBC is entirely different. Here, the game reminds you on every corner, that you are NOT supposed to play this game alone. In fact, playing alone makes you struggle with anything.
    Back then, WoW was meant to be an MMO, where you HAD to group up with random ppl, you HAD to do things with someone else, and not your own.
    And THIS aspect made WoW one of the greatest games ever existed. The community, the society, the people, who played alongside each other, and I bet THIS is the aspect what most ppl miss while playing retail.
    Here you have to actually earn the gear you are wearing, it does not just appear out of nowhere (hello baggies...), if I go through a town, and I see ppl around, I can get an idea about them, what they are up to, what they are doing, without inspecting them, solely based on the gear they wear.
    You have to fight your way through, to earn and get any piece of equipment.
    Right now, I relive all these things, and I really, really appreciate it.

I guess I went a bit off topic:"D
    So yeah, Warmane gives you close to the same experience as retail was back then.

10. Back then, WoW was meant to be an MMO, where you HAD to group up with random ppl, you HAD to do things with someone else, and not your own.
    And THIS aspect made WoW one of the greatest games ever existed. The community, the society, the people, who played alongside each other, and I bet THIS is the aspect what most ppl miss while playing retail.
    This, tbh. But I was just thinking the other day how it doesn't really surprise me that WoW went the way that it did. It's obvious to tell that vanilla wow and TBC were meant for "adults". But time went on and blizzard realized that only a low percentage of players even saw high level content. They realized they needed to make a game that everyone (kids) could actually play.

11. This, tbh. But I was just thinking the other day how it doesn't really surprise me that WoW went the way that it did. It's obvious to tell that vanilla wow and TBC were meant for "adults". But time went on and blizzard realized that only a low percentage of players even saw high level content. They realized they needed to make a game that everyone (kids) could actually play.
    Exactly. Vanilla and TBC were meant for hardcore players, who were at the time more mature. We were kind of the first generation of gamers in the 90's, and those games were made for us.
    Blizzard not only realized that they need to make a game for everyone, but they realized that the genre of MMO went out of fashion. They gave up on WoW, ofc they release expansions every now and then, they produce content, but literally no one, who made the original game is working for them right now. So they keep on making content, but they don't really care anymore, they focus on other projects, keeping WoW as a milking cow. They made it kind of a single player experience, as I mentioned before. They also know, that there are no competitors on the MMO market (I mean, come on, can you name even one other MMO with a relevant player base?) so they really don't have to work hard... There will always be a couple million subs, until they finally shut WoW down due to lack of interest. It's still years from now.

12. "Does it feel like TBC used to feel 10 y ago?"

Nope.

It isn't supposed to.

13. I'm 10 years older than I used to be, so, no.

14. Hey memba Kara? YEAH I LOVED.KARA!
    Memba Black Temple? Oww I loved Illidan.
    Oh and I memba Sunwell? I MEMBA!

Private Servers are for players that can't get enough memba berries.

15. resilience doesn't reduce damage done by players
    Yes it does

BiS players can get their asses wiped by fresh 70s, even sometimes by players, under 70! Seen it happen plenty of times.
    No they can't

12 Last