1. Shadow spec and mana consumption

Is it just me or does shadow EAT through mana like crazy? I don't remember burning through mana this fast. After almost every pull in a dungeon, I have to sit and drink, otherwise i'd oom during the next pull, and it's making me go crazy.

2. Got that, still feels like im burning through it.

3. I hope you have spirit tap?

Also That mana fiend pet every 5 minute, use it every time its not on cd.

But yes Get the Highest water you can use.

You will most likely have to Drink as a shadowpriest.

4. I hope you have spirit tap?

Also That mana fiend pet every 5 minute, use it every time its not on cd.

But yes Get the Highest water you can use.

You will most likely have to Drink as a shadowpriest.
    Yea I have spirit tap. Shadowfiend I dont have yet, think that's a higher lvl, 5min CD is still a long CD though.

Something just feels off.

5. Yea I have spirit tap. Shadowfiend I dont have yet, think that's a higher lvl, 5min CD is still a long CD though.

Something just feels off.
    Had a priest doing ZF was lvl 62 IIRC, and he almost died a few times due to mana issues, and always had to drink, so I assume its just a class thing, nothing to do against it.

Probably works best within a raid enviroment, with buffs, but from what I've read spriests are there for utility rather than dps, something akin to ele shamans, where they get 1 only.

6. Shadowfiend, mana pots, stacking spirit and Vampiric Touch are key components to having decent regen. If you're missing one of them, you're going to suffer.

7. I am really confused
    shadow priest
    stamina 1253 / Intellect 1190 / spirit 471 / bonus damage and healing 2795
    haste 621 18.94 % / crit chance 21.33% / hit 337 12.85%
    and doing 5k ( recount )
    when i`m asked about ( Deathfrost Boots ) item
    some ppl said not good for shadow priest / [Sandals of Consecration] is better bc have spirit
    bc have crit you need ( haste )

did shadow priest need Spirit ?

and which one is better for me
    [Pattern: Sandals of Consecration] or [Pattern: Deathfrost Boots]

8. I am really confused
    shadow priest
    stamina 1253 / Intellect 1190 / spirit 471 / bonus damage and healing 2795
    haste 621 18.94 % / crit chance 21.33% / hit 337 12.85%
    and doing 5k ( recount )
    when i`m asked about ( Deathfrost Boots ) item
    some ppl said not good for shadow priest / [Sandals of Consecration] is better bc have spirit
    bc have crit you need ( haste )

did shadow priest need Spirit ?

and which one is better for me
    [Pattern: Sandals of Consecration] or [Pattern: Deathfrost Boots]
    Aren't you talking about WotLK ? This is a TBC topic.
    I'm just saying, maybe you'll get replies anyways

9. It gets better with gear. I love the shadow priest because of how dynamic of a specc it is.
    Not only do you have to consider what would be your maximum dps rotation, you also have to consider your mana consumption and adjust your playstyle and rotation accordingly.

So think of it like this: When you have vampiric touch on a target, you regain SOME mana from nuking it. The more mana you dump into a vampiric touch target, the more mana you will get back. If you multidot you will not dump as much mana into each Vampiric Touch, hence you will get less mana back. If you find yourself having mana issues, well stop multidoting.

Secondly, and this is the reason I decided to go holy. You will spam mana potions + demonic/dark runes on cooldown. If you don't you will not be able to push out max dps with canceling flay after the 2nd tick to do MB etc. So stack up on those mana potions and prepare to spend hours in Felwood/Winterspring/Scholomance farming runes. You're down 3k mana? Chug a potion. You're down 1.5k mana? Chug a rune. Then just do it on cooldown.

Thirdly. Dowload the AddOn "Drdamage" and look at the DPM (Damage per mana) values. I am not entierly sure of the values in low gear as I crafted my way into t6 on my alt shadow priest. But from what I remember, mind flay is the spell with the highest DPM. I am 90% sure the rankings (high to low) in terms of DPM go something like this:
    Mind Flay
    Shadow Word: Pain
    Shadow word: Death
    Mind Blast
    So when you find yourself on 15% mana and you neither have potion, rune or fiend ready, you simply cut out mind blast (maybe SW:D if you are really low on mana).

It's a really fun spec with a lot of depth built into it. You have to consider and value your mana vs damage output and it is remanisant of the arcane mage in that aspect.

10. Little bit off topic, but I am quiet curious why are mobs resisting spells so much? Like 4 times in row, and he is same lvl as me. I dont remember if that was a thing on TBC or not, so thats why I am asking.

11. It gets better with gear, but also not clipping your mind flay is honestly the biggest thing you can do to save mana.

12. Yeah spell resists seems far more frequent in TBC than WoTLK.

13. Well.. You are not in raidgroups for dmg, you are there to give mana for ur group + buffing warlocks. Never go fulldps otherwise u will find urself oom in few mins. During leveling int/spirit items are ur best friends. For preraid gearing u should keep eye on highest spelldmg items with good amount of int and spirit if possible, u dont need really crit cuz dots cannot crit in tbc. And as mentioned above in longer fights u should keep eye on cds on manapot/shadowfiend and ur manapool AND modify ur rotation.

14. Talent Shadow Affinity is must have for PVE Shadow priest? Because i cast only Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch and 1 Mind Blast and I over aggro tank.

12 Last