1. As a somewhat competent tank, I see this with healers and DPS all the time as well. As others have said, this is a player base issue, not just a class issue. Lots of folks out there playing with no idea how to "git gud" in their class, warriors wearing +spell power plate, goofy ****e that should not be.

Just get with an active leveling guild, there are a few out there. Pull at least a couple folks together to fill the party before you queue up, and you'll be fine.

2. Anecdotally, I probably come off as some sort of incompetent tank that folk hate, if they're the blind-GS-check, seeking-to-milk-run type. I grew up in the retail vanilla/tbc/wotlk days, and I do things as I did then. I mark pulls for CC, I don't cheese shortcuts, I wait until I see 50+% mana bar on my healer. Those sorts of things.

Different strokes for different folks.

I get a lot of gripe, for instance, for bodily running to each portal in Black Morass/opening of dark portal instance (as opposed to letting everyone sit at Medivh's island and pulling the boss to them). People sometimes love, sometimes hate, that I actually go straightforward and clear the naga packs in Steamvault (rather than wall-skirting). You'll frequently get the overgeared dps who spams "PULL MORE" in party chat, despite the fact that I've got a healer that I can determine is struggling to keep me up (late heals, <20% mana at the end of each pull, odd positioning) - I always choose to err on the side of my healer in 5-mans; dps can pound sand.

All that being said, I maintian a fun and productive experience tanking. Though in TBC, we don't have RDF, which helps a lot, as you can optimize your group somewhat, and discard counter-productive folks as needed.

3. I see this thread got necroed. Currently gearing up a warrior tank on Icecrown. Queue times as tank are instant from the moment I push the "Queue" button. As a DPS, I have to wait around 10-15 min. In a matter of 2 days /played I reached 4.6k GS without buying a single EoT piece except for my trinket. That is considering I also got the Argent Champion title, did the Sons of Hodir chain, and farmed 5k gold from 500 for fast fly while maintaining a fully gemmed & enchanted gear. I have no professions.

I only need the helm and neck from HoR Hc before being able to group for ToC10/25 without random morons picking at my blue helm & neck, but that will happen in the next following days as I can freely queue for HoR Hc via the RDF and I usually get 5-6k DPSers.

Feels good being a tank. I really don't understand why people don't play tanks.
    Edited: December 19, 2017

4. I mostly sit in que for 1 hour for a HoR proc as a tank. this dungeon is pretty much avoided by nearly everyone. if it procs, there is someone doing quel quest and leaving or every dps rolls for tank gear. tanked hor nm a few times now, with some tank drops and got not a single item. I actually started to leave the group after the second boss if someone rolls for tank gear...

5. I've done it every day for the last 4-5 days via RDF. It takes around 10 seconds to find me a group, most are extremely geared already and don't need anything. Sometimes people leave because it's too much trouble and they actually have to use their brains for it. Anyway, still no luck with drops after today.

6. Being tank might give you instant queues. But i think they are the least fun classes to play and the most boring one's when outside of dungeons/raids.

7. I just found this topic by accident now and for me this is quite funny to read becaus i play a blood tank dk with low gear on icecrown (lvl 80, 2,9k gs) and i wait sooo long to find a group on non hc dungeons and i alway just get ****ty dungeons like nexus or something like this. I'm new to tanking and it's my first tank char ever. Even this way I never had a wipe with a group and they were pleased with my tanking on the stuff. Funny to hear that there are so many tank problems with dumb people tanking and I can't find a group and want to do that well. Especially with perspective on tanking raids later. xD btw. i way always just searching by dungeon browser not directly in lfg chat. Anyway if someone wants a tiny tank for some dungeons the next days or so... Charname is Terilla ^^

First 12