1. New to multibox. Help

Hello friends,

As the title said, I'm completely new to multibox and need some help with it. I made my research (google and here) but I don't think I've found something that suits me. Mainly, I'd need a multibox program that works with TBC 2.4.3 (Outland server) and allows me to level 5 characters at the same time, accept and deliver quests (and not alt-tab to each wow instance), use/cast spells using one button,etc.

I've seen people here talking about Jamba (although I don't know a version for TBC) and ISBoxer (but I heard that you need to pay for it). I learn quickly, so I'd prefer efectivity over easiness.

Thank you boys, love ya.
    Edited: June 12, 2017

2. Hey man
    here is jamba for 2.3.4:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=356155

In regards to the software that's needed there are many among the best is ISBoxer but like you said you do have to pay unless you are willing to crack it. (There is a cracked release somewhere on this forum ) but i'd suggest using HotKeyNet it's free and pretty easy! If you really get stuck i wrote a peace of multiboxing software a while back and i'd be happy to share it with you if needs be! Anyways best of luck man.

Oh one more thing in terms of the /cast spell that's all done with macros
    /target Leader
    /Focus
    /assist Focus
    /cast Chain Lighting
    etc
    etc
    Edited: June 12, 2017

3. As dupheadss pointed out, everything you're talking about can be done with the use of Jamba, macros and HotKeyNet/ISBoxer.
    However, when you mention accepting and turning quests in with having to alt-tab it get's a little annoying as we do not have IWT (Interact With Target) in TBC 2.3.4.
    Basically meaning you have to somehow click the npc with the quest, one way or another, which is where I love ISBoxer, as I just turn on repeater, press a key that I have assigned to lock all of my slaves and my masters camera into a view that basically lines up the cursor for everyone, and then I just right click the NPC, and it does so for all accounts simultaneously.

4. I'll link to my post in another thread instead quoting to avoid unnecessary bloat.

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2821902

One thing to keep in mind is that TBC/2.4.3 lacks the interact with target functionality from later expansions, making interacting with NPCs and looting a little more challenging.

Give the Jamba backport linked in the post above a try, though I haven't had a ton of success with it myself. Think I might be running into chat spam issues while communicating over private channel, but not too sure at this point.

If you can't get it going, or just don't like it, you may want to fallback to some additional spammable macros that you can stick on the same key to help with various tasks.

/run QuestLogPushQuest()
    /script RetrieveCorpse();
    /invite char2
    /invite char3 (etc)

/script AcceptGroup();
    /script AcceptQuest();
    /script AcceptTrade();
    /script RetrieveCorpse();
    /follow char1

Without IWT, I recommend zooming your camera out far enough that you can group your toons around an NPC using follow, and if you're using something that allows you to toggle mouse broadcasting, hopefully find a sweet spot where you can open the NPC dialoge on all windows with a single right click.

/console cameraDistanceMax 20 (or whatever works for you)

/target Leader
    /Focus
    /assist Focus
    /cast Chain Lighting
    etc
    etc
    Honest question, since I've been out of the boxing game for awhile: Is there an advantage to targeting your leader, focusing them, and then assisting focus, instead of just assisting your leader? Seems a bit redundant to me, unless there's something I'm missing (quite possible) that's advantageous about doing it that way.

Edit: And that's what I get for writing walls of text. Ninjaknife basically said most of was saying, but beat me to the submit button.
    Edited: June 12, 2017 Reason: too slow on the draw

5. Honest question, since I've been out of the boxing game for awhile: Is there an advantage to targeting your leader, focusing them, and then assisting focus, instead of just assisting your leader? Seems a bit redundant to me, unless there's something I'm missing (quite possible) that's advantageous about doing it that way.
    Yes there a couple of advantages to setting focus as you can get focus swapping ^.^ let's say your Main Char dies
    CharA then your Software can Change windows and make all your chars focus CharB making CharB your main until he dies and so on.
    This kinda helps a-lot so when your main dies you don't just sit there like a headless chick!

6. Okay, that makes sense. Typically I just let the ISBoxer addon take care of that nowadays, and it's been awhile since I've slogged than many macros form my team. Back in the day before I switched to ISBoxer, my teams definitely relied on a dedicated leader being alive, since my setup was much more manual/macro driven.

Is there some sort of variable that gets dropped into /target Leader in place of the character name that makes this possible with your setup? Assume this applies to HotKeyNet users, or people not relying on ISBoxer's addon to automatically build out and swap these assist macros. Maybe a Jamba feature I wasn't aware of.

Just curious. Always looking to learn something new.

7. Umm yea like I said a while back I wrote my own multi-boxing software and I am using that to run 15 shams but that was a while ago just collecting dust now :p
    I am wanting to get back into it on Outland but dam man that que is just impossible.
    My software also uses the many macros but most of them are automated not sure if you know but you can generate macros then push them to accounts and chars. Pm if you want to know more! :p