1. What region are you from? I'm in Ontario Canada

2. Interesting, we're close but not that close...

Are you with rogers/fido/a smaller company using their network? I'm with Fido (rogers)

PS for anyone else reading this I disabled all addons, tried the multiple different WOTLK servers. Same issue with everything I've tried.

small update: The 8k ms happened only a couple times where I could see it get that high if i was logged on for more than a few minutes.
    Every single attempt to log on now has me disconnecting within about 45 seconds at around 100ms.
    Edited: January 20, 2018

3. I am with Shaw Cable, and have the highest internet speed available (shaw150). I just ran Ookla speedtest and got 171 Mbps. I tried reboot the computer, modem etc to no avail

4. Weird, I think shaw and rogers are related, but I'm not 100% sure on that, you and I are like 5500km apart anyways.
    I also did a speed test and got my normal 60 down and 12 up with 10 ping.
    I dont know what to do really. I'll check back in a few hours I guess.

My only thoughts are I've never logged on during peak times, and the server is maxed at 12k right now. So many falling even slightly below some built in lag threshold is just auto disconnecting us from the server to prevent server lag.

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=375747 a link to a megathread about this, seems like lots of canadian's are having this issue.

5. Dear all, greetings!
    I have same interesting connection problem since yesturday (before all was OK)
    When i loggining in game i have immideately big ping(but its green and 123 latency), and my skills dont work, but displays as pushed (yellow frame). everyone around me running and casting what they want, but i cant do nothing. after 10 15 secs im DCing and it repeats everytime i loggining in game. have deleted my WTF and Cache folders still dont work
    WiFi connection is permanently 100mbs.
    The point is when i share WiFi via my mobile phone everything is fine lol
    I tried to run Compatibily mode with W7 and it still works (about 5 mins now)

6. Are any of you by any chance from Canada? It seems a few other people have been posting about similar disconnection issues and they are from Canada. I have been experiencing similar disconnection issues, I've tried everything I possibly could have and the problem persists.

7. Nope, from Russia
    I think it depends on an internet provider. I've called to my provider - they said all is fine and they havent any issues, but the main point is that it works good from mobile phone's modem mode WiFi
    its a magic or i dunno

8. I am from Canada and im having the same issue, everytime i log in i get disconnected, sometimes after up to 5 mins sometimes instantly, have tried the aforementioned fixes but they dont seem ot have an effect

9. i am also in canada and getting the same issue all day

10. Okay, then... I'm also from Canada...

I'm getting the feeling that it's a problem with Xplornet (Satellite internet)... since it did this crap to my LOL client as well...

If so, it's not boding well; they don't fix those issues

11. it's weird tho because i have friends who are playing with me and they aren't getting disconnected

12. Weird, I think shaw and rogers are related, but I'm not 100% sure on that, you and I are like 5500km apart anyways.
    I also did a speed test and got my normal 60 down and 12 up with 10 ping.
    I dont know what to do really. I'll check back in a few hours I guess.

My only thoughts are I've never logged on during peak times, and the server is maxed at 12k right now. So many falling even slightly below some built in lag threshold is just auto disconnecting us from the server to prevent server lag.

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=375747 a link to a megathread about this, seems like lots of canadian's are having this issue.
    Not just Canada I live in the Midwest USA and still get dcs and log in problems it has gotten worse the last few weeks. It is the server over population, I love wotlk but its getting to hard to play here anymore I think I will play more Cata ,no lag or over population issues there.

13. I'm in Ontario Canada with the exact same issue, and I'm using Cogeco. Very stable connection with 33mbps to 43mbps on average download and 14mbps upload. I was able to login and play (with high latency and frequent lag spikes) at the Tim Hortons near my apartment but despite logging in with a ping under 150ms it will kick me off without warning at the 2 minute mark.

14. Canadian on TekSaavy. Also experiencing the same issues. I've reset my modem and router, disabled all addons, cleared cache folders. Nothing works. Whats going on?

First 12345 Last