1. It doesn't matter what the actual rating is as long as everyone is on the same system. Sure, you get less points at 2100 compared to 3000 but everyone's at the same speed and WoW is a grindy game- you should have to put at least a little effort in to get your gear
    Sure, it matters. If its way off from blizzlike. It would be same as reducing rep gains from dungeons, honor gained from bg's or drop rates from raids and saying its fine because everyones on the same playing field.

Not that i particularly care, or even think its something that can be changed since i imagine population determines ranking. I just think its stupid to say it doesnt matter.
    Edited: June 14, 2017

2. Sure, it matters. If its way off from blizzlike. It would be same as reducing rep gains from dungeons, honor gained from bg's or drop rates from raids and saying its fine because everyones on the same playing field.

Not that i particularly care, or even think its something that can be changed since i imagine population determines ranking. I just think its stupid to say it doesnt matter.
    I don't think it matters at all really, it's a fairly insignificant issue that (even if the OP was right about the ratings, which they aren't) doesn't drastically change the game.

3. the current ratings are pretty similar to what they were in retail TBC s1

the season will end with r1 being around 2400, it's just like retail tbc

you are confusing the new system with MMR that got introduced halfway through S5 with the TBC one (zero sum with team rating only)

4. the current ratings are pretty similar to what they were in retail TBC s1

the season will end with r1 being around 2400, it's just like retail tbc

you are confusing the new system with MMR that got introduced halfway through S5 with the TBC one (zero sum with team rating only)
    TBC didn't have the same system for every season. You're right that this is the Season 1 system though.

First 12