1. Discussion about difficulty of raids on Medivh.

So, the last thread was apparently closed for "hostility" (Because critisism about difficulty of raids on a server that was announced as CHALLENGING and HARDCORE is considered hostility now, apparently. )

Anyone who has actually raided Karazhan's pre-nerfed state can attest that the current difficulty is nowhere near it.

I don't see it saying anything about pre-nerf values in the Medivh realm announcement, fair enough, but what about the challenging & hardcore part? Is that not supposed to mean that, at the very least, it should be more difficult than on the Outland server ( I cannot personally confirm but apparently they seem to be quite similar if not identical. )

So here's the deal : Would people rather have post-nerf, but too easy ""blizzlike"" raids, or articificially buffed raids to "mimic" pre-nerf difficulty levels?

I personally think they should be artificially buffed since the staff seems to have no interest in making it actually pre-nerf, and that having the same raid difficulty as on Outland completely beats the point of this realm. ( Unless I'm mistaken and the only difference in the realms is supposed to be the XP rate, but reading the announcement post, that does not seem to be the case... )

So guys, what do you think? I personally feel like we have been deceived, although I do hope I am wrong, for the sake of the community, but also the server.

Disclaimer : I'm in no way bashing the Warmane Staff, although I think it would be nice to not be let in the dark like we currently are.

Keep it civil, delete hateful posts, but don't close this thread please.

2. You're angry that players figured out an 11 year old game.

/discuss

3. I personally only swapped from Outlands > Medivh because of the more challenging PvE content. Why else would I spend hours and hours leveling after spending so much time in the past doing it. One reason. Because I was lead to believe the content would be challanging. After watching the VoD myself it sure as hell does not look challanging one bit. I understand Kara is the first raid they usually are easy and people know the tactics. But easy or not no raid should be doable without a full raid, the devs should of expected people knowing tactics and catered to it. The fact you can do it without a full raid is just dam right F**** stupid.

I understand that every private server says things are pre-nerf but no server ever has the legit values for that time so it's all manually modified to make harder. Somewhere somebody has gone wrong. Or they lied and didnt do jack all.

Something needs to be done. I saw nothing but a LFR raid. * Oh someone left the raid, so? We can still carry on * It looked a joke.

You're angry that players figured out an 11 year old game.

/discuss
    In what way does his post sound angry?
    Edited: June 13, 2017

4. You're angry that players figured out an 11 year old game.

/discuss
    I'm not angry, just disappointed. It's not because the game is old that it cannot be challenging, or at least be made challenging. Obviously most of us have cleared TBC content ( or at least Karazhan ) numerous times.

"As we have previously mentioned, we wanted to gauge the level of interest in the Burning Crusade expansion and the demand for a Lordaeron-esque realm." is said on the Medivh announcement, so where is the Lordaeron-esque in the realm so far? Because the low difficulty Karazhan definitely feels more Icecrown-esque than Lordaeron-esque.

I'm not asking for Karazhan to be crazy and undoable, but a minimum amount of difficulty is necessary and it seems that is not the case currently, entry raid or not. This is why we are playing on Medivh.

5. Can anyone that entered Karazhan on Medivh make a comment on the difficulty?

6. You're angry that players figured out an 11 year old game.

/discuss
    And thats the point. Because we know the game it would be nice to make it harder. There is no phase of finding any tactics or how to do's. Every Encounter is some kind of easy after you figured out how to do it. We are far beyond that point. So it would be nice to have some of the beginning values.

The introduction from mediev says
    Challenging hardcore raid content.
    im not seeing any challenge when you can firstclear raids with 9 ppl. Any1 who raided Kara in the beginning knows Moroes and Curator are the first progress stoppers with there "higher" requirement for dps and heal.

7. Best case scenario Warmane is trying to do a challenging realm while not reproducing Lord's mistakes. Lord lost a lot of its player after the initial hype because how hard Naxx was. Some waited for Ulduar and then realised that even during Ulduar patch Naxx was barely doable for PuGs/low tier guilds, and then left the server.

Worst case scenario Warmane did not bother to tune the raid well, and this realm gonna be a joke. But wait to see T4 25 and T5 content before jumping to conclusions.

Having a entry level Karazhan is a bit disapointing, because you won't be experiencing challenging pve there, but I think it will be very healthy for the server on the long run. If PuGs and low tier guilds can't clear Karazhan, this server will have a hard time maintaining a decent pop.

We need to make a sacrifice. As someone who try-harded the **** out of Lord (got most realm first), I am totally fine with sacrificing T4 difficulty for the sake of the realm pop, as long as T5, and T6 content is challenging.

Trust me you don't want to spend month on Karazhan like we are currently doing on ICC hc with my guild, there is more to TBC. As Mercy said, challenging content is supposed to come later.

Jinkho

8. Personally I would love to have it like Naxx on Lord, however I can understand if they do not want this as it kept many people away from the beginning of the raid pool. I still hope that the following Raids will be buffed to pose a real challenge.

A statement that the difficulty of following raid content be be attuned like lord progress would probably mollify a lot of people (including me :) ).

9. Best case scenario Warmane is trying to do a challenging realm while not reproducing Lord's mistakes. Lord lost a lot of its player after the initial hype because how hard Naxx was. Some waited for Ulduar and then realised that even during Ulduar patch Naxx was barely doable for PuGs/low tier guilds, and then left the server.
    In one way I agree that everyone deserves to experience certain content in it's entirety, therefor having lower difficulty entry raid(s) would make sense, at least in a population stand-point. On the other hand; the Outland server is always there for that, and if Medivh had not been announced as having hardcore and challenging raids, that would definitely make more sense.

Then again, I think having really hard entry raids to begin with is a good thing, as they can always nerf them, just like Blizzard has done. Everyone is happy in the end, first the hardcore gamers who get to 70, for the most part the quickest, who are looking for the challenge and feeling of reward when downing a difficult boss, then later on the more casual players who get to 70 a bit slower, and just want to experience the raid without having to be complete masters of their gameplay and whatnot. This would only make it fair for everyone, especially on a server that has been advertised as a certain type of realm.

Basically, I think even entry raids should simply not be easily cleared, even on release, I would agree with a nerf after a set period of time of after a certain release of next content.

Thinking back, some kind of feature that would actually start off as super high difficulty values to bosses that would decrease over time up to a certain point would be kind of cool, but that's just my opinion

10. In one way I agree that everyone deserves to experience certain content in it's entirety, therefor having lower difficulty entry raid(s) would make sense, at least in a population stand-point. On the other hand; the Outland server is always there for that, and if Medivh had not been announced as having hardcore and challenging raids, that would definitely make more sense.

Then again, I think having really hard entry raids to begin with is a good thing, as they can always nerf them, just like Blizzard has done. Everyone is happy in the end, first the hardcore gamers who get to 70, for the most part the quickest, who are looking for the challenge and feeling of reward when downing a difficult boss, then later on the more casual players who get to 70 a bit slower, and just want to experience the raid without having to be complete masters of their gameplay and whatnot. This would only make it fair for everyone, especially on a server that has been advertised as a certain type of realm.

Basically, I think even entry raids should simply not be easily cleared, even on release, I would agree with a nerf after a set period of time of after a certain release of next content.

Thinking back, some kind of feature that would actually start off as super high difficulty values to bosses that would decrease over time up to a certain point would be kind of cool, but that's just my opinion
    I totally agree with you Blazed.
    Let's make hard & challenging Karazhan at the beginning & nerf it step by step like it was during release.
    I remember on retail my guild was on top chart during vanilla, & Karazhan was challenging too for us soon after release.

If people want to deal with easy Karazhan version they can go on Outland.
    Warmane has a good idea to create 2 type of server :
    Outland easy & fun
    Medhiv hard & fussy

11. I don´t know who is most toxic to Medivh, if wotlk babies asking for LFD and mounts at lvl20 or the hardocre wannabes crying because the dammned entry level raid that they have completed like 200 times in retail is not hard enough…

I hope that you both guys are just very loud and that most of the people is just for playing pre-nerf TBC in its closest possible state.

12. I don´t know who is most toxic to Medivh, if wotlk babies asking for LFD and mounts at lvl20 or the hardocre wannabes crying because the dammned entry level raid that they have completed like 200 times in retail is not hard enough…

I hope that you both guys are just very loud and that most of the people is just for playing pre-nerf TBC in its closest possible state.
    I'm here for pre-nerf TBC in its closest possible state Fermin. This is just what i want. Nothing else :)

13. Also, if someone simply wants to see the "oldschool" raids and have a bit of fun, there is still the option of going to the Outland server.

14. Meroslol : we are talk about Medivh here. :)
    if you want to talk about Outland there is a section on the forum for that
    Name : TBC Outland
    Link: http://forum.warmane.com/forumdisplay.php?f=280

15. Meroslol : we are talk about Medivh here. :)
    if you want to talk about Outland there is a section on the forum for that
    Name : TBC Outland
    Link: http://forum.warmane.com/forumdisplay.php?f=280
    When you dont comprehend english, but still try to send people to another forum xd

123 ... Last