1. so rated BG are the real PVP? thats funny,on retail only use of rated BG was to cap your CP.aside of just a few team who want to push rating literally no one cares about them.duels in MOP dont take long you say?are we talking about same expansion?literally everyclass have insane selfheals.look as ret paladin,monk,feral,warrior 2nd wind.low geared players cant kill warrior even if the warrior is AFK,because 2nd wind passive heals do more then low geared player dmg.did that sound normal to you?
    what CD management?????? arena gameplay in MOP is setup CC chain,then pop swifty macro and hope you can kill before CC chain end.if the kill fail run back try to reset the fight and wait agian for cds.the fights are scripted.gow atch sodapoppin PVP videos he literally explain midfight what exactly his enemy will do before he do it.thats how scripted PVP is in MOP.in WOTLK as least you can kill people w/o using CDs,sometihng that is literally not possible in MOP.

you can argue how much better MOP is,and if you enjoy it i am happy for you,but as we see private servers and retail population clearly hate it and dont wanna play MOP.
    If your even tried to make your arguments readable, I'd respond to them, those are really hard to read. Anyways, he's right about cooldown management, since wotlk classes can oneshot easily, and in MOP it's almost impossible to kill anyone in less that 7-8 seconds, because so many things can counter your burst.

I clearly see that it's all about the pandarens, that aren't the biggest part of the game, you can simply level up the char in Pandaria, and go back to SW, to never see the pandaren shrines ever. But IMO, they seem cool. I chilled with them.

Maybe I like MoP more because I played MoP first, and then Wotlk? I think that's the case.
    Anyways, I too switched to Wotlk because Frostwolf is almost dead, and Icecrown is crowded with players. As a matter of fact, I'm now waiting in queue to get in the realm for about 20 minutes.
    Edited: June 13, 2017

2. so rated BG are the real PVP? thats funny,on retail only use of rated BG was to cap your CP.aside of just a few team who want to push rating literally no one cares about them.duels in MOP dont take long you say?are we talking about same expansion?literally everyclass have insane selfheals.look as ret paladin,monk,feral,warrior 2nd wind.low geared players cant kill warrior even if the warrior is AFK,because 2nd wind passive heals do more then low geared player dmg.did that sound normal to you?
    what CD management?????? arena gameplay in MOP is setup CC chain,then pop swifty macro and hope you can kill before CC chain end.if the kill fail run back try to reset the fight and wait agian for cds.the fights are scripted.gow atch sodapoppin PVP videos he literally explain midfight what exactly his enemy will do before he do it.thats how scripted PVP is in MOP.in WOTLK as least you can kill people w/o using CDs,sometihng that is literally not possible in MOP.

you can argue how much better MOP is,and if you enjoy it i am happy for you,but as we see private servers and retail population clearly hate it and dont wanna play MOP.
    so do you mean people would gather 10 players and queue for a bg which will take at least 10 minutes just to cap, while they could do 1 minute arenas and get capped faster? seriously the elite PvP players did and still do RBGs for rating and the ones who are not geared/Elite could not win RBGs... also, as an UNH DK my duels take less than 1 minute mostly (without gargoyle) and against average players i don't pop any CDs... but on WotLK Paladins just pop Holy avenger and do 1-2 divine storms and gg wp...

lol you say that Sodapoppin can predict what his enemy will do... all good players can do that, even in WotLK they can do that. it is not a hard job and you'll learn it if you play for some time. IMO PvP in WotLK is more scripted that MoP.
    yes, that's true that people didn't like MoP so much... maybe it was because SoO is not cool like ICC. I myself like MoP more than WotLK for one other reason, which is I don't need to do PvE to get proper gear for PvP... it is nonsense to farm ICC HC for BiS and lolmourne so that you can get into high ranks.

3. so do you mean people would gather 10 players and queue for a bg which will take at least 10 minutes just to cap, while they could do 1 minute arenas and get capped faster? seriously the elite PvP players did and still do RBGs for rating and the ones who are not geared/Elite could not win RBGs... also, as an UNH DK my duels take less than 1 minute mostly (without gargoyle) and against average players i don't pop any CDs... but on WotLK Paladins just pop Holy avenger and do 1-2 divine storms and gg wp...

lol you say that Sodapoppin can predict what his enemy will do... all good players can do that, even in WotLK they can do that. it is not a hard job and you'll learn it if you play for some time. IMO PvP in WotLK is more scripted that MoP.
    yes, that's true that people didn't like MoP so much... maybe it was because SoO is not cool like ICC. I myself like MoP more than WotLK for one other reason, which is I don't need to do PvE to get proper gear for PvP... it is nonsense to farm ICC HC for BiS and lolmourne so that you can get into high ranks.
    Your "holy avenger" is avenging wrath spell aka wings.
    Let me elaborate this to you:
    You say popping wings 2shot? Ok lets see
    I am a mage you pop wings i can:
    1. Polymorph you and spellsteal wings from you,so rip u
    2. I can iceblock? Then trick you with invisible spell?
    3. Use option 1,+ freezing you and SPEAL STEAL!
    As a priest i can just um,dispersion? Fear and horror you to dispell your wings?
    As dk i can anti-magic zone then ams or kite?
    As shaman i can kite+purge=op
    As rog i can cloak of shadow and you will never see me again lul
    As lock i can fear you,teleport using portal come catch me after.

I think you get it,do you? Whats up with all these stereotypes "wotlk 1shot fest" no its not,if you are a pro you wont get oneshoted. (Considering you have good gear too)
    About scripted/predicting actions from other players i agree here with you,a skilled trained player knows what to expect already thats why they are pros.

You can get high ranks without sm,casters dont use sm.

4. If your even tried to make your arguments readable, I'd respond to them, those are really hard to read. Anyways, he's right about cooldown management, since wotlk classes can oneshot easily, and in MOP it's almost impossible to kill anyone in less that 7-8 seconds, because so many things can counter your burst.

I clearly see that it's all about the pandarens, that aren't the biggest part of the game, you can simply level up the char in Pandaria, and go back to SW, to never see the pandaren shrines ever. But IMO, they seem cool. I chilled with them.

Maybe I like MoP more because I played MoP first, and then Wotlk? I think that's the case.
    Anyways, I too switched to Wotlk because Frostwolf is almost dead, and Icecrown is crowded with players. As a matter of fact, I'm now waiting in queue to get in the realm for about 20 minutes.
    In wotlk sure just like cata and mop you can oneshot noobs easy man,try it with a heavy geared player skilled one.
    It wont work like that.
    Wotlk had 12milion subs how many had mop?
    On warmane/molten wotlk was king of realms on this server,brings most donators,most players,all in.
    You see wotlk was peak of wow,the most succeful expansion,you may like mop more and thats fine but wotlk is just masterrace like it or not,the statistics say so,here ob warmane you see it,blizzard highest subs were on wotlk.

5. so do you mean people would gather 10 players and queue for a bg which will take at least 10 minutes just to cap, while they could do 1 minute arenas and get capped faster? seriously the elite PvP players did and still do RBGs for rating and the ones who are not geared/Elite could not win RBGs... also, as an UNH DK my duels take less than 1 minute mostly (without gargoyle) and against average players i don't pop any CDs... but on WotLK Paladins just pop Holy avenger and do 1-2 divine storms and gg wp...

arenas was way slower then 1 min.5 mins min for game sound more realistic and they give you 180 CP.rated BG s around 10 mins and give you 400 CP.another reason was no one didnt take seriously 2s they use to sell CP boost for them so you can see 2.8k 3s rating players droping 2s MMR to 1400 pretty much all the time.that also make 2s really not popular way of CP capping unless you wan to buy CP cap boost ( as tons of players did)
    also from the elite PVP players on retail in MOP almost no one had over 1800 RBG rating.you have no clue wtf you talling about.
    Also in WOTLK you just pop wings....anf then you cant babble for 1 min so they will dispell or CC/kite you till wings are gone and then simple kill you.you say WOTLK is bursty? and MOP is not ??? arcane mage can kill you in 1 global cd.same for elemental shaman.most other classes can kill you in 1 stun lock aswell.pls....MOP is just as bursty as WOTLK its just you have more def cds if you time them with enemy CD you cna stay alive.as i said scripted PVP.

anyways the OP asked why people prefer WOTLK then MOP,people give their opinions and said what they hate about MOP and you guys try to argue with us .... why the hell you ask question when you ignore the answer...
    Edited: June 13, 2017

6. that is actually a legit response. i kind of get it now. but still, i'm sad that the hype about frostwolf just disappeared so quickly...
    Private servers come and go.

With the increasing demand for legacy servers being put on Blizzard, and the lack of adequate response, private servers have flourished and will continue only continue to grow. However the highest demand seems to be for the pre-Cataclysm era at present.

7. coz warmane fixes more stuffs in wotlk than mop , enough said

8. coz warmane fixes more stuffs in wotlk than mop , enough said
    Warmane fixes wotlk in prio cause no1 wants to play on trash expansions aka mop.

9. Warmane fixes wotlk in prio cause no1 wants to play on trash expansions aka mop.
    And because of its heavier costs to maintain it...

10. A ******ed ripoff from an animation by any other name would smell as ****ty.

11. Wotlk had 12milion subs how many had mop?
    People like to live on that number and choose to forget that mmos and demand for them has changed since then. If wotlk came out now it would never achieve those numbers no mmo would. People interest shift in mmos just happend to coincide with cata and blizzard being the big fish it became the target for because of the sub numbers. It seems to always revert back to this but if mop had the attention it needed when it had the pop for 2 realms it would not be in the state it is right now.
    I enjoyed wotlk that's probably why I played it on multiple private servers don't think I can play it again other than just to twink some 70s.

12. .MOP is just as bursty as WOTLK its just you have more def cds if you time them with enemy CD you cna stay alive.
    As someone who plays both MoP and WOLTK pvp on a regular basis, that is 100% false. Go do some battlegrounds as a full Wrathful player in WOTLK and as a full Prideful player on MoP (as I have many times on each). You die way, way faster on WOTLK- I don't even bother to try 3.3.5 bgs anymore. It's just a bad joke compared to MoP where people actually live long enough to make decisions.

Now, if you're doing 3s or 2s with a healer in WOTLK then the pvp is more bearable. It's still more bursty than MoP, but it can be fun.

13. You die way, way faster on WOTLK- I don't even bother to try 3.3.5 bgs anymore.
    Thats wat people are talking about - mop pvp is slow and boring, standart cooldown trading.
    And if in wotlk you can rape people without cooldowns due to your skill and gerar, in MOP you barelly kill some1 without cooldows usage.

14. Your "holy avenger" is avenging wrath spell aka wings.
    I forgot the name and didn't want to use "wings" :PP sorry for that lol

Thats wat people are talking about - mop pvp is slow and boring, standart cooldown trading.
    And if in wotlk you can rape people without cooldowns due to your skill and gerar, in MOP you barelly kill some1 without cooldows usage.
    you seem you have not played MoP at all... In MoP you can kill people with using CDs and you can still fail to kill by poping all your burst and CDs, the thing which matters is the way you use them and your skill. PvP in MoP is not slow, in fact if you are skilled you can kill a player (geared one) in 10 secs but it is not 2 shots like on wotlk... also " standart cooldown trading. " is the thing i told you first: MoP has Cooldown management which WotLK lacks it in most cases. In WotLK if you are in a bg and you use your Medallion and stay alive, even if you kill your current target and you be at ~70% health, if another player come to you he can kill you just in a stun while in MoP that is not possible and if you stay alive, you can manage to kill him with the rest of your CDs. That is Cooldown management.

First 1234 ... Last