1. Wotlk>Mop, why?

Why does everyone play WOTLK on Icecrown/Lordaeron nowadays? I personally enjoyed MOP far more than WOTLK, and last year before the Icecrown and relase of Lordaeron, everyone did too. Now there are usually at least 7-8K+ players on those servers, but rarely over 1,5K players on Frostwolf. What does WOTLK have that MOP doesn't? Only the nostalgia for most of the players, since probably all of them miss the old days, but other than than, MOP is far better expansion, and it's actually WOTLK with many added stuff and more things to do. I'll never understand this.
    Got 3 lv90 and a couple of lv70 on Frostwolf, and those are pretty much useless now that no one really wants to play MOP... (2K and less players are really nothing)

Would be fun to discuss this with others. Leave your opinions.

2. fixes, that is it.
    2 years ago there were around 7k players on "molten wotlk core" and around 6k on "molten MoP core". Then they have decided to work on a new Wotlk core to try to have less bug as possible and this is the result

3. Because MOP is absolute garbage. (every expansion after wotlk actually)
    Mechanic wise, class wise. In every aspect of the game it's worse than wotlk.

Wotlk is perfectly minmaxed expansion.
    Not such nerdgrind cave as TBC, not such kindergarden as Cata/MOP.

around 6k on "molten MoP core"
    Huge online was only during retail hype.
    Edited: June 13, 2017

4. I would not agree. MoP is actually WOTLK + Cata/Mop leveling, which brings up more content IMO.
    Mechanics are bad? Wouldn't say so.
    Talents are much more fun to choose, and they actually contribute to the combat itself.
    More maps, more hp making it more forgiving for the mistakes you make in PVP, better endgame with more raids (wotlk has lich king raid and that's very respectable, but nothing beside that one)... endless list if you ask me.

i think it's more about the nostalgia because the most of the players played WoW hardcore during WOTLK, and that horrible Cataclysm expansion actually made MOP look bad, even tho it's not.
    Cata is bad, not MoP.

5. wotlk > mop cuz shadowmourn = 1shot win gg.
    mop u need skill to kill.

6. Because MOP is absolute garbage. (every expansion after wotlk actually)
    Mechanic wise, class wise. In every aspect of the game it's worse than wotlk.

Wotlk is perfectly minmaxed expansion.
    Not such nerdgrind cave as TBC, not such kindergarden as Cata/MOP.

Huge online was only during retail hype.
    I would not agree at all. PvP-wise MoP was the best xpac at blizzard.. the things i enjoy MoP is that it is newer, Mechanics are just better and more things to do. what i like about wotlk (except nostalgia) is that pvp gears require minimum rating, so not everyone can earn them. and smourne just destroys PvP on wotlk.

7. I would not agree. MoP is actually WOTLK + Cata/Mop leveling, which brings up more content IMO. Mechanics are bad? Wouldn't say so. Talents are much more fun to choose, and they actually contribute to the combat itself. More maps, more hp making it more forgiving for the mistakes you make in PVP, better endgame with more raids (wotlk has lich king raid and that's very respectable, but nothing beside that one)... endless list if you ask me. i think it's more about the nostalgia because the most of the players played WoW hardcore during WOTLK, and that horrible Cataclysm expansion actually made MOP look bad, even tho it's not.
    Cata is bad, not MoP.
    i played mop on retial and quit becuase the game was soo boring and moved back to wotlk molten.that can tell you how **** MOP was.first of all the story in MOP is trash.garrosh and his bul**** ending up with time traveling....on other hand WOTLK had THE LICH KING.dungeons....not existing in MOP.tanks can solo hc dungeons,literally you can go and solo them.top of that there is 9 dungeons in MOP vs 16 in WOTLK.same for raids 5 vs 9 raids in WOTLK.PVP wise,sure MOP 5.4 is way more balanced but hell WOTLK pvp is bilion times more enjoyable and fun.the gear you wear matter,you can use PVe items for PVP,you can do Wpvp aswell in WOTLK.the CC in WOTLK is not as ******ed as in MOP when you sit for 1 min in CC chain.worst part is there is sooo much CC that every team can **** up and still keep you almost pernamently in CC.you say PVP is way more forgiven for mistakes..true,and this is bad not a good thing.it mean semi good player can get same results as really good players.main reason so many TOP pvp players mass quit WOW in MOP.talent tree in WOTLK is infinity better.the talents in MOP are simple boring and dull.Legendary cloak.....wtf was that?everyone had legendary cloak in MOP on retial.if you didnt had people refuse to inv you for raids.waht kind of legendary item is that since everyone had it ?????.Its just WOTLK have way more content and its way more enjoyable.MOP is dull and boring and its about pandas and harmony in a game called WARCRAFT.Simple didnt work as expansion,. even on retial everyone hate MOP(ofc not as much as WOD).

8. Personal preferences
    How servers are being handled (warmane wise)
    Population in retail back in the era
    Balances
    Bla bla

Wotlk seems superior on most cases, so, that's why?...

9. PvP-wise MoP was the best xpac at blizzard.
    Why so ? Because every class has inteerupts and controlls and stopped being unique ?
    Because every class can duel with other class for years ?

Wotlk pvp is pretty rock scisor paper (except DK), it's fast and very entertaining, you must react very fast or get lolmourned.
    I can not even udrstand how slowbrain pandaria pvp can be compared to this.

Not to mention flying mounts: they already ruined Out/Nort world pvp, yeah, lets allow flying mounts in azeroth as well.

10. I didn't mind the zones and lore behind MoP, actually I thoroughly enjoyed it, other than that I can't say I enjoyed anything else. To me it just didn't feel like WoW.

The game play didn't feel the same once people were able to use flying mounts in Azeroth, and i feel like that combined with the "improved" raid/dungeon finder had removed the sense of community and human interaction that made WoW one of the best games of all time.

tldr; After WOTLK it feels like any other RPG now, not an MMO.
    Edited: June 14, 2017

11. Why so ? Because every class has inteerupts and controlls and stopped being unique ?
    Because every class can duel with other class for years ?

Wotlk pvp is pretty rock scisor paper (except DK), it's fast and very entertaining, you must react very fast or get lolmourned.
    I can not even udrstand how slowbrain pandaria pvp can be compared to this.

Not to mention flying mounts: they already ruined Out/Nort world pvp, yeah, lets allow flying mounts in azeroth as well.
    It has better pvp because in MoP there is something called "Cooldown management" but On WotLK duels are mostly relying on "who pops burst first" and it depends so much on gear. I don't know how 2 shotting people is entertaining. besides the only duels in mop that take so much time is either fighting with healers or if the players are at same level of skill which is same as on wotlk.

At the end, I still feel that classes are unique but at their own way and every class has its uses. Also the real PvP is not duels and not arenas really... i don't know how much you've played mop but rated battlegrounds are the best thing pvp has ever had which wotlk does not have it.

12. It has better pvp because in MoP there is something called "Cooldown management" but On WotLK duels are mostly relying on "who pops burst first" and it depends so much on gear. I don't know how 2 shotting people is entertaining. besides the only duels in mop that take so much time is either fighting with healers or if the players are at same level of skill which is same as on wotlk.

At the end, I still feel that classes are unique but at their own way and every class has its uses. Also the real PvP is not duels and not arenas really... i don't know how much you've played mop but rated battlegrounds are the best thing pvp has ever had which wotlk does not have it.
    so rated BG are the real PVP? thats funny,on retail only use of rated BG was to cap your CP.aside of just a few team who want to push rating literally no one cares about them.duels in MOP dont take long you say?are we talking about same expansion?literally everyclass have insane selfheals.look as ret paladin,monk,feral,warrior 2nd wind.low geared players cant kill warrior even if the warrior is AFK,because 2nd wind passive heals do more then low geared player dmg.did that sound normal to you?
    what CD management?????? arena gameplay in MOP is setup CC chain,then pop swifty macro and hope you can kill before CC chain end.if the kill fail run back try to reset the fight and wait agian for cds.the fights are scripted.gow atch sodapoppin PVP videos he literally explain midfight what exactly his enemy will do before he do it.thats how scripted PVP is in MOP.in WOTLK as least you can kill people w/o using CDs,sometihng that is literally not possible in MOP.

you can argue how much better MOP is,and if you enjoy it i am happy for you,but as we see private servers and retail population clearly hate it and dont wanna play MOP.

13. I didn't mind the zones and lore behind MoP, actually I thoroughly enjoyed it, other than that I can't say I enjoyed anything else. To me it just didn't feel like WoW.
    that is actually a legit response. i kind of get it now. but still, i'm sad that the hype about frostwolf just disappeared so quickly...

123 ... Last