1. Hunter Pet Training??

Essentially this post is about the learning of new pet abilities from taming beasts in outland. When I tamed a ravager in hellfire I learned gore, but only up to rank 8. Later after taming a ravager in blades edge with rank 9 gore I didnt have the skill on my beast training but I had it on my pet. Also, when I attempted to learn rank 10 bite off of spider in Terrokar, I was unable to add it to my beast training log although I had it on my pet. I had previously trained a wolf that had bite but only rank 4 in ashenvale which is what I only had in my book following the taming of the spider. Does anyone know if your pet skill level is locked if you have tamed a pet before with a lower level skill?

EDIT NOTE: You must use spells 10-20 times to learn them. I killed 6 people and got worried but on like 7 or 8 I learned spells for those hunters who are curious
    Edited: June 13, 2017

2. I tamed several wolves of levels varying from 1 to 23 hoping to have Bite... no luck... maximum loyalty... Trainer does no offer teaching it. Think is broken or there must be some sort of mechanic I am not aware of.

3. I have the same problem, i have 3 pets but they dont have any attacks and i have no idea what to do...

4. There is an addon called Fizzwidget Hunter's helper, that shows all the abilities of all the pets that you can learn in the current zone you are in. Extremly helpfull hunter addon.

5. My pets cant learn ANY skills from any other animal, cant even use growl =/