1. Does weapon damage/dps matter for Feral (Cat)?

While leveling I noticed changing weapons didn't increase my damage at all, and that I really only scaled with attack power to incraese raw damage.

I have the Fleshling Simulation Staff but my friend is telling me to buy Earthwarden because it has more dmg. Earthwarden doesn't have the 457 attack power when in cat form though, which seems huge to me.

2. Yes, shapeshift forms don't take damage from weapon but Blizzard introduced weapons with 'attack power in form' to compensate this, so you need find better ilvl weapon like another melees.

Earthwarden increases attack power in all forms including Cat Form.

3. Yea but the staff has 457 attack power to form whereas Earthwarden doesn't have any?

4. It increases attack power by 712 in forms.

5. I always thought the weapon damage does actually influence the dps in feral forms. It should also be the highest point per point stat for druids.

6. It increases attack power by 712 in forms.
    Oh it doesn't say it on the weapon so I didn't know.

Edit: I just went and looked at the weapon and realized it does indeed say it on the weapon. I looked at it on my paladin first which is why it wasn't there. Whoops.
    Edited: June 16, 2017

7. Also +weapon damage is best chant for pure dps druids wherever it is available.