1. If they add Dual spec to Medivh, I quit

And not only me but all my friends who want real TBC experience and not some feature that wasn't in the TBC expansion in the first place.

Dual spec came in Wotlk and NOT in Tbc. If devs add this to Medivh it would ruin the feel of the server and make me and my friends and probably others too quit.

2. And not only me but all my friends who want real TBC experience and not some feature that wasn't in the TBC expansion in the first place.

Dual spec came in Wotlk and NOT in Tbc. If devs add this to Medivh it would ruin the feel of the server and make me and my friends and probably others too quit.
    What's wrong with implementing Dual Specialization to Medivh? Everyone knows it wasn't in the game at the time and nobody is arguing for the implementation of any other Quality of Life feature other than this one. There have been many arguments for it but I've yet to see any arguments against it other than it triggering personal values. Which is not a reasonable argument, by the way.

Care to be the first one to actually give a sound argument as to why this shouldn't be done? You are not allowed to use:

* It's not Blizzlike
    * It's not Hardcore
    * I don't like it
    * My friends don't like it either
    * Stop letting Western European beta males ruin our game

3. And not only me but all my friends who want real TBC experience and not some feature that wasn't in the TBC expansion in the first place.

I don't care if they implement it or not.
    What I do care tho, is irritating posts, expressing personal grudges vs staff, community, game server.
    Especially when said posts contain only personal scope of view.

Having said that, I conclude with, your argumentation is hollow and not valid.
    Therefor, Door is that way --->
    Edited: June 15, 2017

4. What's wrong with implementing Dual Specialization to Medivh? Everyone knows it wasn't in the game at the time and nobody is arguing for the implementation of any other Quality of Life feature other than this one. There have been many arguments for it but I've yet to see any arguments against it other than it triggering personal values. Which is not a reasonable argument, by the way.

Care to be the first one to actually give a sound argument as to why this shouldn't be done? You are not allowed to use:

* It's not Blizzlike
    * It's not Hardcore
    * I don't like it
    * My friends don't like it either
    * Stop letting Western European beta males ruin our game
    Well, even if I am somewhat favourable to this feature, I can name a few: Encounters were not designed to have this kind of flexibility, wich can make some runs easier than intended, and it gives an advantadge to hybrid classes wich now have the added utility to swap roles.

Example:

- With this feature, in a raid a warrior may be preferred to a rogue because while doing slightly less DMG, you get an instant additional offtank when required.

- Bear run in Zul Aman: the difficulty is set to having a tight and closed group with no time for in-raid spec changes, with this feature it will be FAR more easy to get a succesful bear run with a far less dedicated composition

But again, this issues are really minor and very high end focused compared with the benefits it givres to whole server, I think.

And no less important, it is an income source for a team that otherwise is receiving 0 money for medivh, and well… I want my server to be also loved and desired for the devs.

5. Well, even if I am somewhat favourable to this feature, I can name a few: Encounters were not designed to have this kind of flexibility, wich can make some runs easier than intended, and it gives an advantadge to hybrid classes wich now have the added utility to swap roles.

Example:

- With this feature, in a raid a warrior may be preferred to a rogue because while doing slightly less DMG, you get an instant additional offtank when required.

- Bear run in Zul Aman: the difficulty is set to having a tight and closed group with no time for in-raid spec changes, with this feature it will be FAR more easy to get a succesful bear run with a far less dedicated composition

But again, this issues are really minor and very high end focused compared with the benefits it givres to whole server, I think.

And no less important, it is an income source for a team that otherwise is receiving 0 money for medivh, and well… I want my server to be also loved and desired for the devs.
    Nice to see a non - emotive argument against Dual Spec +1 to you

Whether it would be an issue or not would depend on where or how you could change specs. making a spec change only available at a class trainer or a rested area would fix that I guess

6. Well, even if I am somewhat favourable to this feature, I can name a few: Encounters were not designed to have this kind of flexibility, wich can make some runs easier than intended, and it gives an advantadge to hybrid classes wich now have the added utility to swap roles.

Example:

I had not thought about Zul'Aman, so +1 for that. A minor consequence as you said, but still a valid argument. The only downside I saw myself with dual spec is that ease of access to composition swapping that you mentioned, but then again, all of that could be accomplished even without dual spec as it only requires you to leave the raid, visit a class trainer, change your spec and return to the raid; even easier if you have a lock in the raid. So, all dual spec implementation would do in terms of counterproductive QoL would be that changing spec/composition during a raid would be less time consuming (not to mention cheaper) which, in regards to Bear-runs in Zul'Aman; time is your most valuable resource. But that's a one-off, the rest is still possible with or without the feature. If you intend to be that hardcore about raiding where having dual spec available in your run gives you that much off a leg up then you'd be hardcore enough to do it regardless, such as prioritizing a warrior over a rogue for the sake of hybrid roles. But regarding Zul'Aman then yes; I absolutely agree that it makes the run a lot easier and that that would be a very bad thing. But as Gixxer said:

Whether it would be an issue or not would depend on where or how you could change specs. making a spec change only available at a class trainer or a rested area would fix that I guess
    I'd say that's a really good idea, if that's something that's even possible to set up that is.

But as you said: these issues are really minor and very high-end focused compared to the benefits it gives to whole server. Most importantly, I'd say, is the incentive it brings to the PvP-scene on Medivh. Not having to spend 50g every time you want to join a battleground/arena (unless you're casual enough to PvP with PvE oriented talents) is hardly ideal and will cause most players on Medivh to simply not PvP at all, which I think is a shame. I suppose lowering the cost for respec would be another way around it, but honestly that feels more casual than just implementing dual specialization. I'm not one to make a case based on emotion however, so feel free to counter argue that.

All in all: the value of QoL features is in the weight between productive and counterproductive consequences. As I've said before; features such as the Dungeon Finder, transmogrification, XP-lock, account-bound and so on brought a lot of counterproductive consequences. Even though the productive consequences were great, the downsides are too many to consider for a platform like an emulated TBC legacy server. Dual Specialization however is not one of those features and should be given some careful consideration from both sides, not just shunned because "durr it wasn't in the game 10 years ago".

Yeah; neither was the current state of path-finding or the hardware capabilities of your computer. Get over it and join the discussion of making Medivh a better place to play on rather than the conservation of your own narrow ideals.

7. Well, even if I am somewhat favourable to this feature, I can name a few: Encounters were not designed to have this kind of flexibility, wich can make some runs easier than intended, and it gives an advantadge to hybrid classes wich now have the added utility to swap roles.

Example:

Isn't the dual wield on outland website based though? Not sure how long it takes for it to activate, but you could maybe set a cooldown to it or implement some sort of limitation.

As for the points you make, a raid is made because you know what you face, therefor you make your raid comp based on that, and you don't want dual spec because of 1-2 spots simply because a class can off tank/heal on certain ocasions? really? A QoL change that means people can pvp and pve on the same character, but god forbid we lose 1-2 raid spots....unless there are tbc raids where you need 10 offtanks/healers...

As for the Zul Aman, I have no idea since I can't remember it very well, but I can't understand what you mean by having a tight group and no time to in-raid spec change, what does this mean? Seems similar to your first point, but I don't understand so I won't argue you on this one.

8. As for the Zul Aman, I have no idea since I can't remember it very well, but I can't understand what you mean by having a tight group and no time to in-raid spec change, what does this mean? Seems similar to your first point, but I don't understand so I won't argue you on this one.
    Zul'Aman has a feature where if you complete the first few bosses in the raid/dungeon (as of Cataclysm) within a certain time frame by releasing prisoners (which can't be released if you fail the time limit) then they'll unlock a chest which contains the Amani War Bear mount. A highly popular mount as a reward to a difficult task to accomplish, so making the task easier by allowing more options to raid composition while still staying within the set time limit isn't great for the sake of hardcore challenges.

9. Hope they add its as soon as posible. CYA

10. Well, the majority is playing here on this 1x realm just for the moment, but I'm sure even more will quit if a fun server feature like that will be added. The realm is awful scripted, old coredb with way too old and low forms and lines. If you'll make this a fun server, there won't be any reason to play here when there are/will be so much better options around.

Regards,
    aeonzerg

11. Well, the majority is playing here on this 1x realm just for the moment, but I'm sure even more will quit if a fun server feature like that will be added. The realm is awful scripted, old coredb with way too old and low forms and lines. If you'll make this a fun server, there won't be any reason to play here when there are/will be so much better options around.

Regards,
    aeonzerg
    Care to elaborate on the definition of a fun server?

12. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the dual spec on Warmane a bit different in that you switch on the website and it only resets your points? If that is the case, wouldn't that be somewhat limiting? If I'm wrong can anyone say how dual spec works on Warmane?

13. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the dual spec on Warmane a bit different in that you switch on the website and it only resets your points? If that is the case, wouldn't that be somewhat limiting? If I'm wrong can anyone say how dual spec works on Warmane?
    Fair point actually, some one from Outland should clear this one up, how does it actually work?

14. Care to elaborate on the definition of a fun server?
    If you are asking me that kind of questions you must be trolling and I'm kinda old to feed the trolls over the internet.
    Anyway, there's no point also since you we're 10 years old when this expansion was played and most def you started when features like the one discussed in this topic we're already implemented.
    This idea is firmly refused by people that played TBC in it's time and realised how much damage the future expansions did in the ... let's say skilled or elitist (since professional would not be a really adequate term) WoW gaming scene.

Enjoy this expansion the way he was originally conceived, even here.

123 Last