1. Glorenzelg vs Oathbinder vs Bryntroll vs Wrathful Weapon- Ret PvP

I only really play PvP and I was wondering which is the best weapon for ret PvP.

I will mainly be playing 2s with an UH DK friend.

I'm wondering if the damage/3red sockets outweights the lifesteal effect from bryntroll and the resil of the Wrathful weapon.

Any help/opinions are greatly appreciated.

2. Brynthol on ret is rly strong. You can make an argument its better than Sm in pvp, less constant dmg but burst+that self heal is epic af. I got brynth on my ret along with 2/5 pve 277 set. Brynthol proc is always r2 in dmg after white melee attacks no matter how much dmg is done.

Theres no argument on brynt vs mentioned above. Brynt is by far better
    Edited: June 15, 2017

3. Thanks for the response, I see alot of rets on the ladder with it but I just assumed it was because of the ease of access compared to the other 2hs.

4. If you're playing arena, then it depends on your comp.

If you're playing double-dps, you're going to want to get the Wrathful weapon. Ignore what the other person is recommending in this case, because of two reasons. First, for Bryntroll to be any sort of useful, you have to be attacking someone/something. This is often what you do NOT want to be doing in a double-dps comp. This is because you will be doing 3 things (or, rather SHOULD be doing 3 things); burst damage on demand to help confirm a kill, helping your partner stay alive (heals, utility spells, etc), and keeping yourself alive at all costs. The one thing that you do NOT do in a double-dps comp is to apply "sustain damage" on an enemy. This is for 2 reasons. Sustain damage from a Ret doesn't apply any real pressure outside of a Mortal Strike debuff from your partner, and it puts you out in the open, making you vulnerable to being dispelled, mana burned and being tunneled (which, against any competent team, you WILL be getting tunneled).
    This puts Bryntroll at a disadvantage, due to you having to be attacking someone in order to get any sort of usefulness out of the weapon. Obviously, this weapon will be common in low rated arena brackets (sub 2.2k, minimum) because these low rated players love to pretend that they're actually playing a Warrior and go full YOLO damage mode. This exact behavior is what is required to make Bryntroll competitive, is also the exact behavior that keeps these sorts of players away from Rank 1 material (and that's assuming that Rank 1 on here has any real skills).

If you're playing with a healer, then you won't want a defensive weapon in any case. That means no Bryntroll. No Wrathful weapon. Having a healer on your back allows you to go for more damage stats, and you're going to need them when you don't have access to a Mortal Strike debuff from a Hunter or Warrior or whatever. This means you'll want to go for one of the top-end PvE weapons. Otherwise, you will have more problems than what is really necessary when attempting to land a kill.
    This is particularly important because you want your burst damage to be as up there as possible, and not have to rely on RNG. That includes not using proc trinkets, and using things like Mark of Supremacy instead, so that you can front-load your damage onto Judgment as much as you can.

In any case, Bryntroll is not an optimal weapon for anyone who knows how to play their Ret properly in arena. It can be decent for BGs, but that's all. Unless you consider yourself more keen on the YOLO play-style in arena. In which case, whatever, go with whichever weapon you prefer.

5. If you're playing arena, then it depends on your comp.
    Great response, thank you very much. (The exact type of response I was looking for, following alot of the same reasoning I have).

I see alot of rets in 2s ladder with bryntroll which threw me off, I suspect it's so they can save donation money as it's a fairly good 2h that's easy enough to acquire.

Going to get the wrathful weapon, since i'm playing with a UHDK.

In any case, i'm also wondering which 1h + shield would be most beneficial in Duels/2s, I know it's very important to have for a ret to have. - I see alot with HC Scepter and holy wrathful shield, and some with wrathful sp 1h + sp shield, are these optimal? Thank you again for your response.

6. i think people are undervaluing the crit an oathbinder would provide, especially for survival as taow is a crit proc

7. think i'll have to make a montage of how op brynthol is. LUL

Do not get WF wep. ill prove it to you brynth is far superior than wf/oath/gloren in ANY situation.
    Edited: June 16, 2017

8. think i'll have to make a montage of how op brynthol is. LUL

Do not get WF wep. ill prove it to you brynth is far superior than wf/oath/gloren in ANY situation.
    Whilst you may be correct for your situation, i'll mainly be doing 2s with an UHDK without the 2/5 PvE set (divine storm helps alot with bryntroll procs). I really think WF weapon will be more beneficial, but i've still not bought any 2h so i'll wait for your vid .

9. If you can only have one of those, Bryntroll is by far the best wep in ret/dk. Bryntroll provides the most burst potential and thats how you land kills as ret/dk. Basically you are just gonna run around pillar with spellpower 1h+shield (you can buy both with arena points) and heal untill you have some sort of kill setup ready (gnaw1/rep2, hoj1/strangulate2, etc). Wf 2 hander won't do anything, it has less burst and overall damage than Bryntroll and it also has less survability than spellpower 1h+shield.

10. No one addresses the the original comparison of all the weapons, it just got tunneled onto defense/offense.. My biggest question is that realistically you're probably going to want to go for the highest GS items in general as higher GS = higher stats in general.. Assuming you can't afford smourn and don't have a guild to get it.. Would Glonzelg be the best option with the highest GS? Is expertise a complete waste? Bryntroll seems cheesy and unreliable, explain why it isn't.. Why is an agility polearm even in the conversation with Oathbinder? I am in full support of never getting a wrathful weapon for dps because there are better pve weapons and proper resil can come from armor.. (btw if you want to troll me and say "LOLNOOBSTFU" go ahead and waste your energy.. hopefully we'll get a real answer to help other people that might read this thread.)

11. As Mercy said, double dps = WF sword.

Also, donating Bryn is a waste because atm it's insanely bugged, instead of 2ppm it has like 30ppm. Once that gets fixed it'll be next to useless comparing to the WF sword.

12. No one addresses the the original comparison of all the weapons, it just got tunneled onto defense/offense.. My biggest question is that realistically you're probably going to want to go for the highest GS items in general as higher GS = higher stats in general.. Assuming you can't afford smourn and don't have a guild to get it.. Would Glonzelg be the best option with the highest GS? Is expertise a complete waste? Bryntroll seems cheesy and unreliable, explain why it isn't.. Why is an agility polearm even in the conversation with Oathbinder? I am in full support of never getting a wrathful weapon for dps because there are better pve weapons and proper resil can come from armor.. (btw if you want to troll me and say "LOLNOOBSTFU" go ahead and waste your energy.. hopefully we'll get a real answer to help other people that might read this thread.)
    If you're going double dps, the Wrathful weapon is basically mandatory. Yes, you get resilience from armor, but that's not enough against a competent team with a double dps comp. The other weapons can be argued, but I already explained the difference between them. Gearscore is NOT the deciding factor.