1. Not sure if im not interpreting your post correctly, but why "punish" people that started on alliance on launch or before the perks were introduced but want to get a change of pace now and play with their friends on horde or whatever their reasons might be?
    Atleast thats how i read your first post.
    How about because they are also affected by the whole load of bonuses just the same? Because the point of the bonuses isn't "buffing Horde by proxy"?
    If they want a change of pace to play with friends, why aren't they playing Horde characters? Character creation on Horde has been re-enabled for a while now.

2. How about because they are also affected by the whole load of bonuses just the same? Because the point of the bonuses isn't "buffing Horde by proxy"?
    If you dont want to distinguish between those that have clear intentions of abusing the perks and others that might consider consider faction changing , thats up to you i guess.

If they want a change of pace to play with friends, why aren't they playing Horde characters? Character creation on Horde has been re-enabled for a while now.
    Because some people are actually attached to the characters they progressed with due to various reasons.

3. If you dont want to distinguish between those that have clear intentions of abusing the perks and others that might consider consider faction changing , thats up to you i guess.
    The way I see it, anyone who makes use of the bonuses given to Alliance - which are clear and obviously meant to boost Alliance, not Horde in any way - and then want to subvert that by going Horde with all that was earned with those bonuses, is abusing the bonuses. Again, the bonuses are meant for Alliance characters, not for "for now" Alliance characters.

4. How exactly would that be "fair"?

If the Staff would want to make any limitations, how about simply forbidding it for characters to faction change back to horde that used the free faction change? Seems to me to be the only reasonable option if you were to limit it in any way to avoid people "abusing" the perks.
    The same way as the perks in the first place were fair. Faction balance is the key here.

5. They said either until 1st of August or until they believe it's all balanced.
    Pretty sure that was meant as "1 August or more if necessary". As Mercy said, removing the bonuses before 1 August would be a scam for everyone who switched faction to help the server.

6. The way I see it, anyone who makes use of the bonuses given to Alliance - which are clear and obviously meant to boost Alliance, not Horde in any way - and then want to subvert that by going Horde with all that was earned with those bonuses, is abusing the bonuses. Again, the bonuses are meant for Alliance characters, not for "for now" Alliance characters.
    This is something you guys should have stated together with the bonuses annoucement, saying that now only get's people upset. I for my part never read something close to "abusing bonuses is a crime". In the end it's up to you guys, but the uproar will be a fantastic spectacle to watch.

I for my part don't care, as long as you get the AFK state of mind in BG's under control. If everything runs normally, i couldn't care less about horde or alliance.

7. This is something you guys should have stated together with the bonuses annoucement, saying that now only get's people upset. I for my part never read something close to "abusing bonuses is a crime". In the end it's up to you guys, but the uproar will be a fantastic spectacle to watch.

I for my part don't care, as long as you get the AFK state of mind in BG's under control. If everything runs normally, i couldn't care less about horde or alliance.
    That's my personal opinion if transfers to Horde are even opened. In my full opinion, they shouldn't be opened, period, but if they are, the bonuses for Alliance should stay in Alliance. That's just common sense, and any uproar would come solely from people who expected to abuse the bonuses and hurry back to Horde in the first opportunity, never to actually stay in Alliance and bolster their population and general game capability, which is the whole point of the boost. "Abusing bonuses is abusing" shouldn't be something that needs stating.

8. That's my personal opinion if transfers to Horde are even opened. In my full opinion, they shouldn't be opened, period, but if they are, the bonuses for Alliance should stay in Alliance. That's just common sense, and any uproar would come solely from people who expected to abuse the bonuses and hurry back to Horde in the first opportunity, never to actually stay in Alliance and bolster their population and general game capability, which is the whole point of the boost. "Abusing bonuses is abusing" shouldn't be something that needs stating.
    Abusing the system? The 50% honor does not even come close to making up the actual loss of playing on the Alliance side. Alliance can only win AV consistently, but since hordes don't queue that we have 15 minute queues. To get WSG marks you have to watch as you lose 0-3 every single game; 20-40 games in a row till you've got what you need. You get what, 60 honor per game? 20 marks + ~1600 honor for 20 bgs? Does that sound like such a boost? Even if you bump it up, and let ally win 3 out of 10 WSG games you are still looking at insane grinds with less honor gained than if you played horde.

People WILL switch over to the horde side because there's simply no reason to play ally when 3-4 out of 15 ally players in AB is afking. Another 3-4 out of those 15 are so hopelessly useless you just lose any will to live. Then after those you have half a team left of real strong PvPers who want nothing but to push to win. But they stand no chance against the horde side who only have maybe 1-2 guys afking plus a bunch of healers behind them. And WSG? 3-4 allies leave immediately as their AV/AB/EOTS queue pops leaving it a 5v9 (since they know it's going to be 0-3 there's no point being there).

Yes make no mistake, horde has always been better in BGS. I played as ally between late vanilla - start of Cataclysm and horde always won a little more than ally (maybe 58/42 in favor of horde). Right now it's maybe 70-30 with AV making up several percentage points of those 30. The horde side has always been the PvP-boys and ally the PVE and that is mirrored in BGs, but it is ridiculous how unbalanced it is right now.

So yes, a lot of players will go horde once they are able to do so. They get better racials for arena, they win BGs consistently and they're from what i've seen ahead in gear. These players went ally because they simply couldn't PvP as horde because the queue times made it impossible to gear (literally impossible). They are not abusing the system. Those who changed did so to enable both sides to gear.

I'd like to know personally, Are you a PvP player and are you playing Ally or horde (If you're a PvPer)?

9. Thank you for exposing exactly why I call it abusing and am against transfers being allowed from Alliance to Horde, even more so if carrying anything that was earned with the temporary bonuses.

10. Thank you for exposing exactly why I call it abusing and am against transfers being allowed from Alliance to Horde, even more so if carrying anything that was earned with the temporary bonuses.

Oh that's a great way of actually responding to what in my opinion was quite well written response. Top notch quality from a moderator nonetheless.

So those who actually switch over to make it possible for BOTH sides to gear, since it was impossible prior to the Free Faction Change should be banned for abusing the system? Great way to **** over a large amount of the PvP-base who's gonna play arena with a huge disadvantage.

The fix lies within giving suspensions to the players who griefs and AFKs in battlegrounds. Even the code of conduct for in-game states such that players may not grief and/or AFK within battlegrounds. Perhaps enforcing this rule would alleviate the current issue of the Ally side. If issues like these are solved, it is way more likely that ally PvPers would stay on the ally side because they are no longer fighting a gigantic grind; and may even find some pleasure in doing BGs?
    Edited: June 19, 2017 Reason: Missed quote.

11. Just curious, can we a have statement regarding the AFK thing in BG's? Are you guys planing something (increased time on deserter debuff or smth else)? Or is it just gonna continue like this?

12. The bonuses are for attracting Alliance players. Alliance players that stay in Alliance. You can write fifteen well-written pages saying the contrary, but that won't change the nature and intention of the bonuses. No, you shouldn't be banned for misusing the bonuses, just have those characters fixed in Alliance, in my opinion.

Everything else is irrelevant to the subject, it's a separate thing. If you have issues with in-game rules or their enforcement, discuss that with the Head GM.

13. Thank you for exposing exactly why I call it abusing and am against transfers being allowed from Alliance to Horde, even more so if carrying anything that was earned with the temporary bonuses.
    I somewhat get your point but i still don't agree that you just generalize the "abuse" here. The people who played alliance from the start didn't chose any of this, unlike the people that faction changed solely with the intention of making use of the perks in hope they can go back to horde.
    As i said before, i hope the Staff members that get to decide this will keep it in mind and limit the faction change for coins in an appropriate way (not allowing chars that used the free change to change back at all or for x months).

14. I somewhat get your point but i still don't agree that you just generalize the "abuse" here. The people who played alliance from the start didn't chose any of this, unlike the people that faction changed solely with the intention of making use of the perks in hope they can go back to horde.
    As i said before, i hope the Staff members that get to decide this will keep it in mind and limit the faction change for coins in an appropriate way (not allowing chars that used the free change to change back at all or for x months).
    There's no objective way to separate those. The amount of people who sincerely "didn't want the bonuses and just want to transfer" is probably equal or a handful higher than the amount of people who "didn't play and use the bonuses so they'd have a clear character to transfer." As the post I replied - and from which you somewhat get my point - shows, if transfers are opened at all, people will just flush over to Horde in a heartbeat and the imbalance will just eventually return, with the added woe of players moving over with buffs they weren't meant to have on Horde. People will sell characters or gold or whatever and get coins to move if they never intended on staying on Alliance from the start.

15. The bonuses are for attracting Alliance players. Alliance players that stay in Alliance. You can write fifteen well-written pages saying the contrary, but that won't change the nature and intention of the bonuses. No, you shouldn't be banned for misusing the bonuses, just have those characters fixed in Alliance, in my opinion.

Everything else is irrelevant to the subject, it's a separate thing. If you have issues with in-game rules or their enforcement, discuss that with the Head GM.
    The bonuses did attract people to move from Horde to Alliance, but those will not keep them because there are issues on the Alliance side that out-weights the bonuses.

The very fact that people are AFKing/griefing in BGs to the extent that the Alliance side are losing is relevant. How do you expect people to stay on Alliance and stay there after the bonuses are gone, when the actual issues are still present?

Horde isn't completely stacked on retail, even if they're at an advantage in BGs and are able to faction-change from Ally to horde. So the issue's somewhere else and in my opinion it is the AFKers/Griefers who's killing the Ally side.

First 1234 Last