1. Mobs are using their CDs too many times?

Hey guys,

This post is mostly a question to the community, so I can check if my memories are correct.
    Through out my leveling experience thus far (65 level), I've seen mobs using their CDs too many times or too fast, making me wonder if they had a similar behavior back in the days.

I fondly remember mobs like condors, Skeletal Guardians etc to have nasty abilities like Knockdown, Disarm etc, but I think this goes a bit too far atm.
    For example if you make a pull of 2 condors you will find your self knocked down every 5-7 seconds (if you should pull too many mobs or not, is out of this question).
    More condors and you will be spammed non stop.
    Mobs with disarm AND knockdown will make you beg to stop...

This is by no way another "I remember it that way, so fix it" thread. It's just a question to you guys, if I remember correctly or not.
    If more people are on the same boat, I'll make a research and create a bug on the bugtracker supported with videos etc.

I'm not 100% sure if it's an issue of mobs using their CDs too many times, or, if no DR timers are put to place for CCs of 3 sec and under.

2. yes the mobs in Tanaris disarm way too fast. its like 3 seconds after the disarm ends they redo it. if u pull 2 mobs its a chain disarm one after another....

3. Yes i noticed this too. Most aggravating one was in Ungoro where Pterodaxex casted fear every 6-8 seconds and fear lasting 3-4 seconds. Pulling more than 2 pterodaxes meant a slow and excruciating death...

4. Idk but when i use counterspell on some caster mobs they keep casting instead silence...

5. it´s ****ed all the way...started playing and want to quit. Too many buffed mobs and minions...lvl 12 mob from quest Dark Storms shadowbolts 60 plus his minion...lol. Not to mention that in barrens every mob that has a cd spamms 24/7. My 5th corpse run because the geomancer fireball for 50 non top. I will give it another 30 min.

6. it´s ****ed all the way...started playing and want to quit. Too many buffed mobs and minions...lvl 12 mob from quest Dark Storms shadowbolts 60 plus his minion...lol. Not to mention that in barrens every mob that has a cd spamms 24/7. My 5th corpse run because the geomancer fireball for 50 non top. I will give it another 30 min.
    Mate, thats how it was. There is a reason Defias Pillager was TOP 5 in players killed from all mobs in the game in vanilla.

7. Mate, thats how it was. There is a reason Defias Pillager was TOP 5 in players killed from all mobs in the game in vanilla.
    I won't refuse what you say and yes, TBC was hard, but I will argue, that if a mob has knockdown and disarm and spams them 24/7 without any diminishing return then my friend, that's FUBAR.
    I think most people that played during TBC era will support my claim.

8. The disarm and knockdown examples mentioned here do seem excessive, especially the part about diminishing returns. If you are sure it shouldn't be like that (maybe some wowhead comments or retail videos on the specific mobs), you should make a bug report on every one of those. The disarming mobs in tanaris (Wastewander Thief) for example, have the comment "Constantly uses Disarm", which is not much information, but hints at how annoying they were on retail.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=5616/wast...thief#comments

However, most of the mobs on this server actually represent retail very closely with their ability usage and spell damage. I was pleasantly surprised by how many mobs were using abilities that are very rarely seen on private servers, especially in dungeons. Most private servers have very low damage values, many missing abilities, and big cooldowns on mob abilities, which is - in most cases - incorrect, and some people are used to that after all these years.

This is of course my personal opinion based on my memories from retail.

9. Well it does make leveling a lot more fun. gotta say that. more of a challenge rather than brainlessly whacking mobs down.