1. Is there any point starting playing on Icecrown?

I mean the server has been out for a long time, and I was wondering if there is any point even creating a char since all the raids have been cleared and I wanted to get into the PVE side of things. Now, even Shadowmourne can be bought on the market so there isn't really any opportunities to catch up since all the guilds are doing ICC probably.

2. I don't understand where your problem is, you want to do PVE and on Icecrown there is PVE, you wanted to get ICC realm first? You're kinda late for that, but otherwise you can do all dungeons and raids you can

3. Why does it matter that some guilds have finished the content? If you want to play wotlk content, then you play it. There's always a pve guild that hasn't cleared the content if that's what you're worried about. Now I don't know what you mean about "catching up", if they are fully BiS you can catch up because they won't be developing anymore.. This isn't Black Desert Online xD

4. 1. server has been out for 2 years
    2. sm has been available since 1 month after server got back up, back in 2015
    3. bis is rather easy to obtain, it simply depends on some lucky rng with drops.
    gl with gearing :)

5. Of course there is a point. Just surround yourself with people that aren't BiS yet and who want to have a casual experience as well. Gear up with them and you'll be fine. Why compare yourself with randoms?

6. What better choice do you have anyway?

7. You make it sound like every PvE guild is doing Heroic 25 man Lich King 2 years after the re-release.. if you're looking to raid from scrap to the very end game there's still a lot for you to play through with other people in your same position who don't have all the experience in the world nor the gear to do it.

There's plenty of guilds doing progression, it's just a matter of finding the right people and working your way up from there.

8. I have a PVP gear that is doing ilvl 200 runs of naxx and ulduar and clearing the content like it is new.

9. @TS
    lets think on the bright side, now you can have those people to carry you around the content :D

also if you join PvE guild, those people probably will pass loot item (coz they already got it) and you can purchase with minimum DKP
    Edited: June 22, 2017 Reason: There's always sunny day somewhere around Azeroth