1. is this considered being a ninja?

So was just doing Forge of Souls normal, with a semi full friend goup with just 1 random. On the last boss athe Healer ring drops, but the random Dps rolled need on it. So we then all proceeded to counter roll his Ninja Roll. and our DK in the group won it and gave it to our healer. SInce it was the healer ring with MP5 on it. the random then left and said he reported our DK for needing on a ring that he obviously couldn't use.

So are we in the wrong for countering a ninja?

2. Usually, rdf rolls can be considered for any spec that the class has, which can use it; ofc enha shaman shouldn't roll for agi item with a cat/rogue in the group.. so yep, if that person had a use of it, you trolled him a little

3. If that random dps in your group plays a class which has healing specc (priest, druid, paladin or shaman) then yeah, your DK didn't make a wise choice. If not, then it was well deserved. But this is just my point of view anyway, as I'm definately not a PvE judge and I barely do dungeons...

4. ya it was a Warlock that rolled on the healer ring

5. Warlock, then what he did is ninja looting.

6. but the question here is, will the GM's take his side, since he put a ticket in? or atleast he said he did.

7. I don't know the actual rules for 5man ninjaing (i.e. main spec offspec whatever) but in this case there is no way the dk can be fairly* punished:

The one reporting it was not the victim. This case involves a ninja roll by the lock on an mp5 item, then ninja rolls by everyone else who can't justify mp5 for any spec. The only victims would be those who can justify mp5 (shammy, priest, paladin, druid). If the affected players did not complain then there is no case to answer here. However if the lock provides evidence as the first to ninja roll (thus making others try to ninja the ninja and maintain fairness) then it would be reasonable to ban the lock for a ninja attempt if he made a ticket about it (since making the ticket clearly shows he was not accidentally rolling and would have given to the healer, but actually wanted to ninja the item).

Note: spirit gear, under the rules of "justifiable for any spec" (don't know if this is a real rule, just going on what's said in this thread) would be legit rolls for lock and mage. Blame blizzard for the bunch steaming tauren faeces around gear, not like they couldn't theory craft what happens when you don't lock a class to their heaviest armor type at max level: loads of leather on ret palas, more cloth and mail than plate on hpalas, leather being stolen by wars and dks too, even when it's not bis, just because they want a greater gear pool.

P.S. If he was a hunter it would be ok, cause even a healer ring is a legit hunter weapon.

*this means anything can happen; since when is anything ever fair :)
    Edited: June 23, 2017

8. Regarding warmane rules, the gm's shouldn't take the warlock side.
    The dk action was to prevent the ninja looting so the right person can take the item. In this case he did not break any rule.

9. Here is the problem with that. A lock can use any item that has int and spirit on it. So his role is not a ninja. It is a "dick" move if the healer needed it, but the dk needing it, or any other class whose spec they are currently in - which is their main spec - like a pally tank also neededing it then saying its for OS is technically ninjaing it. The warmane rules do not cover 5 man dungeons and GM's only pointed to the "ninja in raid" thread when I asked in a ticket.

Bottom line is ask the other players before rolling need for OS items and dont be a dick. I wish there were clear rules on 5man dungeons as well.