1. Ravagers

Ravagers are supposed to be the strongest pet in T4/T5 content, being a bit better than cats/raptors. However, my Ravager is critting with Gore for 70. My guild mates ravager is critting for 50.

OUTLAND CHANGE LOG: HUNTER - "Fixed Gore incorrectly scaling with ap/sp"

LUL. Now Ravagers are even more unusable at the moment because of this. Better off using a cat/raptor or wind serpent.

2. Gore rank 9 is hiting for 37-61 and its not suppose to scale with AP.becuase of the chance to do doble dmg tho sometimes can crit for 200 or more.people use it mostly becuase have no CD and cost only 25 focus.the skill is working as its suppose to.as for ravager he does have highest base dmg thats why people use it not because or gore.if you really dislike Gore ravager can learn Bite aswell just replace gore with bite and there you go ;D

3. Yeah I also felt like a combination of bite and gore was the best, because of Bite having a big cd you will be focus capped with only that.

4. Of course I have the max ranks of both Gore and Bite, and yes you are supposed to have both abilities on the ravager. No, Gore is not supposed to scale with your AP / SP. The only Pet Ability in TBC that is supposed to scale is Wind Serpent's Lightning Breath. You can't find any scaling formula anywhere for the scaling of Gore's damage, only its base damage, because it's not supposed to scale. However you can easily find the scaling formula for Lighting Breath because it is supposed to scale.
    Edited: June 26, 2017

5. Gore formula is:
    (Rank dmg)*pet family(+10% for ravagers)*happiness*dmg modifiers(unleashed fury*focused fire*ferocious inspiration*...))*(1-armor reduction%)

With Gore rank 9, unleashed fury and focused fire and enemy armor 5000(-32,14%) formula is:
    (37-61)*1,1*1,25*1,2*1,03=63-104 DMG

With armor reduction:
    (63-104)*(1-0,3214)=(63-104)*0,6786=43-71 DMG

With double dmg chance is formula:
    (63-104)*1,5=95-156 DMG (without armor reduction)
    (43-71)*1,5=65-107 DMG (with armor reduction)

Target.

AP Scalling is allowed only for:
    White swing attack
    Lightning breath
    Scorpid poison

And here's a pic of how Gore damage looked on Cheeky's Spreadsheet which was the most critically acclaimed and most accurate TBC spreadsheet: http://www.excalibur-nw.com/forum/up...1459414094.jpg

6. any1 hunter know, where i can tame pet wich ability BITE?

any1 hunter know, where i can tame pet wich ability max BITE?

7. wind serpent for pve : end of the discussion.

8. All those dudes telling that gore do too little dmg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bZi...youtu.be&t=126

its SWP geared hunter

9. any1 hunter know, where i can tame pet wich ability max BITE?
    terokkar spider south of allerian stronghold

10. People saying Wind Serpent is the best, but you also have to consider that some posts suggest Wind Serpent gets resisted more than expected and also that Raptors are shown to be doing more damage in testing. There are also things to consider like Stormstrike debuff being consumed by Wind Serpent attack (potentially lowering Ele/Enh/Moonkin damage) and the fact that it doesn't scale with Blood Frenzy (4% physical from Arms) while Gore/Bite/Claw do.

Lots to consider, it's not just a simple choice which is best when there are many things to factor in with raid comp.

11. People saying Wind Serpent is the best, but you also have to consider that some posts suggest Wind Serpent gets resisted more than expected and also that Raptors are shown to be doing more damage in testing. There are also things to consider like Stormstrike debuff being consumed by Wind Serpent attack (potentially lowering Ele/Enh/Moonkin damage) and the fact that it doesn't scale with Blood Frenzy (4% physical from Arms) while Gore/Bite/Claw do.

Lots to consider, it's not just a simple choice which is best when there are many things to factor in with raid comp.
    If the boss has 7.7k armor and you have FF+Sunder+CoR you still have 25,85% dmg reduc for psy dmg skills.
    Average dmg - Claw is 54-76 dmg - average is 65 dmg
    after armor - 48.2 dmg
    increase with 4% = 50.13 dmg

100 claws will give you 5013 dmg / 150 = 33.42 dps
    For 50 LB (it req 2x focus) you will do 106 average dmg = 5300 dmg but it scale with ap with lets say 1500 ap you will have 106 + (1500*0.125*0.4286)= 106+ 80.36 = 186 dmg *50 = 9300 dmg /150 = 62 dps, if 15% of this are resisted you will have 7.5 LB resisted ~ 8 total. So you will have 42 LB *186=7812 dps for same period you will have 52.08 dps still a way better than claw. Also crit benefit LB more, because it req 50 focus and you cant cap that easy ur pet focus with high crit.

12. That's great and all but you're focussing too much on claw and therfor completely missing the point I was making, and you're also assuming the numbers here are the same as retail and there are differences, such as the post talking about Raptors doing the most dps with evidence to back it up.

13. my turtle does 420dps hope u all mad Kappa

12 Last