1. Gearing at 5.1k GS

Hey. I used to play with my guild like a year ago, raided ICC a bit but then stopped playing. Got to 5100 GS. Started playing again now all I can see is people demanding 5.7k GS and an achievement to even get to ICC 10 normal, which seems to be a little too much, since I don't see how am I supposed to get the GS and the achievements if noone raids with me. Am I missing something or is this just the way the server runs now? Here's my armory link:
    http://armory.warmane.com/character/Ardenlax/Icecrown/summary Any advice will be appreciated.

2. Ugh,lets start.
    Your meta gem is wrong,use insightful earthsiege diamond.As for glyphs,on 5m hcs/10ms glyph of rapid reju->innervate.
    Don't gem for intellect,gem for sp/sp+haste/sp+spirit.
    4 pc t10 without the chest->vestments of spruc and fir->purified lunar dust(this can be left out if you have at least toc 25+icc/rs25 trinket combo)->idol of the black willow for eof spending.
    For the neck,you can use either one from fos hc/bql neck from ah.
    For the helm,mask of abundant growth for eot.
    For shoulders mantle of revered mortality for eot.(shoulders&helm is untill 2pc t10 ofc)
    Drape of refreshing winds from toc 25 for back.
    Bindings of the autumn willow from toc 25 for wrist.
    You can get either crafted leather legs or the t10 ones(t10->crafted because set bonus is awesome,however don't bother with just one or 3 pieces,get either 2 or 4).
    Crafted leather feet for its spot.
    One marrowgar's frigid eye/eot ring with haste&spirit.
    Ephemeral snowflake from hor hc(its awesome and op for resto untill you get toc25/icc25/rs25 trinkets)/solace of the fallen from toc 25/eof trinket/show of faith(ulduar,y-s hard mode/point shop).
    This is before ICC 25.You can easily identify resto gear in ICC as it has haste+spirit(except the wrist).The only non-leather item you aim for is the cloth chest from bpc.
    Also,an advice:don't gear for gs,gear for better stats.
    Edited: June 24, 2017

3. There are people who do alt runs with 5k gs and aim to do the first 3 bosses. U could also make ur own raid grp. It wouldn't be very hard to find people as there would be many people who are facing the same problem. However u could also do TOC raid where I see many people asking for 5k+ gs. Hope this helps.

4. Thank you for the information and advice.

5. Am I missing something or is this just the way the server runs now?
    Ran like this for eternity, from like the dawn of humanity.
    But ye, run alt runs. Get into guild. Grab as much stuff as possible from emblems. Some PvP gear can up your GS too.

6. I got my hands on some 38 coins and was thinking about buyimg some gear from the shop. What is my best option?

7. I'd take 1 bis weapon and possibly a bis trinket. You'll need a few more coins tho.

8. And that would be? The guide guy says Trauma isn't working correctly, tho the guide is rather old. He suggests Royal mace or Archus. Any thoughts?

9. Your actual BiS healing weapon is Valanyr but you can't buy that with 38 coins.

The benefit to buying Archus is you don't have to pair it with a lesser offhand. I'd buy it so you never have to worry about weapon/oh again, then you're gonna need more coins to get anything else because even something like normal Solace of the Fallen is 20 coins and you're left with 15.

10. Get PvP off pieces like wrathful rings and neck, even wrist

11. Get PvP off pieces like wrathful rings and neck, even wrist
    are you trying to help or sabotage for the poor fella? he should get the emblem items if he wants to pve obv. this considering the stats and not the item lvl ofc

12. July 2, 2017  
    are you trying to help or sabotage for the poor fella? he should get the emblem items if he wants to pve obv. this considering the stats and not the item lvl ofc
    Considering there are some pvp offsets from voa that you can benefit from.

I'd rather take a iLVL264 Back with Spell Haste on it than a 200iLVL with **** stats

13. July 2, 2017  
    ge think you put the nail on the head why I and friends lost interest in the server, minmaxing when there's no need to.
    the stress and pressure you all involuntary put on each other, when it should be a simple game because it is no more than that, not the end of the world-gatekeeping because you lack a few GS (which is ****, complete **** for the game and community).

Creates more harm than good. Yeah a few vocal (tryhard-gatekeeping) people may make some think otherwise. It's too bad.
    BC didn't change, but the players did, sadly it seems you can't turn back to older behaviour.

14. July 4, 2017  
    And that would be? The guide guy says Trauma isn't working correctly, tho the guide is rather old. He suggests Royal mace or Archus. Any thoughts?
    Trauma is fixed for a while now.
    I would still get the Royal mace though because its the hardest one to purchase in game.

There is no real BiS weapon for rdruide. Depending on the boss encounter its either trauma, the legendary or royal.
    Edited: July 4, 2017