1. Frost Mage in PvE - Advice?

Hiya guys,

I'm looking at going frost for pve until somewhere in T5. I enjoy the gameplay etc.
    Is it that much of a difference between fire and frost in kara/t4 content? I don't mind being a little bit behind, but I want to be competitive on the meters.
    Asking so that if I choose to buy the frost/shadow 3 piece set I don't end up looking like an ***** haha

Thanks!

2. Yes there is a major difference between frost and fire on PvE. The only semi-viable spec for Frost mage is 40/0/21 with spamming AB and FB and this would only be viable with the 2/5 T5 set bonus. There is absolutely no reason to go frost as PvE except maybe in HCs and that is only because of survivability and not dps-wise.
    All in all you will never see a frost mage being competitive on the meters on bosses, no matter where they are, compared to a fire mage.
    I'll give you a few examples of major differences:
    1. A frost mage is good because of it's spell crit bonus damage, which depends on the target being frozen. Bosses can't be frozen -> DPS goes down alot.
    2. You have a few tweaks on the fire tree to help you during bosses (Molten Fury - 20% more damage to targets < 20% HP for example) which you don't have on Frost
    3. Don't think you need anymore tbh. You should just try the 2 builds out yourself on a target dummy and see the difference for yourself