1. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Revival

Hello.
    I am a huge fan of warmane private servers.
    This is the one and only company out there that provides great customer services.
    The only server with bug-free content that is extremely popular, professional and it gives continuous support to the players.
    Without your effort and hard working personnel nothing would be possible. You guys make the game satisfying to be a part of. Thank you.
    But all this hard work is being focused on two expansions from the golden era. I believe you know what I'm talking about. You just missed the last golden piece of the cake. With imperfection of this golden scheme of life, the puzzle remains incomplete. Please ressurect Cataclysm realm and let us again be a part of something exclusive and unique.
    Thank you

2. You just missed the last golden piece of the cake. With imperfection of this golden scheme of life, the puzzle remains incomplete.
    You mean Vanilla?

3. I think I read some where on the Warmane forums that they don't really plan to work on Cata anymore and they'll fix up MoP next.

4. I nearly died while reading this.

5. they just released changelog for cata server.
    mby ppl just dont like cata expansion ;)

6. That changelog is a joke. Class fixes are great and all, but that's really not the biggest problem that Neltharion has. Seriously, the last update it got was last October, and the majority of the actual issues with the server that it had then still haven't been addressed.

Cataclysm isn't the most popular expansion- this is true. But the reason Nelth is dead is because Warmane has shifted their focus to WotLK and then BC, which is their prerogative. If Cata got the same amount of dev attention as wotlk, the server would likely be alive and well.

7. That changelog is a joke. [...]

Cataclysm isn't the most popular expansion- this is true. But the reason Nelth is dead is because Warmane has shifted their focus to WotLK and then BC, which is their prerogative. If Cata got the same amount of dev attention as wotlk, the server would likely be alive and well.
    Sure thing, but do you think it's worth to divert development time away from the more popular expansions? It may not be what you'd fancy, but we don't get to make priorities based on what is best for a single realm. Is it a joke? You're unappreciative of ANY development time the expansion is given? That's not even to mention that it is a decent sized change-log. If you can't be respectful, then I'd advise against posting about it in the future.

8. Sure thing, but do you think it's worth to divert development time away from the more popular expansions? It may not be what you'd fancy, but we don't get to make priorities based on what is best for a single realm. Is it a joke? You're unappreciative of ANY development time the expansion is given? That's not even to mention that it is a decent sized change-log. If you can't be respectful, then I'd advise against posting about it in the future.
    i think mercy is that with other expen nearly geting done like wotlk and outland,they will start geting more fixes in cata and panadaland before they plan geting legion or wod servers in the next year or 2 i guess,i belive even if wod was not good warmane need to put some effort in it just to give more choices to people gameplay and sucession wise

byby
    Edited: June 29, 2017

9. i think mercy is that with other expen nearly geting done like wotlk and outland,they will start geting more fixes in cata and panadaland before theu plan geting legion or wod servers in the next year or 2 i guess,i belice even if wod was not good warmane need to put some effort in it just to gice more choices to people gameplay and sucession wise

byby
    What are you trying to say?

10. i think mercy is that with other expen nearly geting done like wotlk and outland,they will start geting more fixes in cata and panadaland before theu plan geting legion or wod servers in the next year or 2 i guess,i belice even if wod was not good warmane need to put some effort in it just to gice more choices to people gameplay and sucession wise

byby
    The players abandoned Cata before Warmane did. I would be really ****ing happy if y'all stopped blaming the server. Warmane had a pretty steady development and updates for Cata. I know because I was an active part of it. When DS hit, players just started leaving - exactly like it was on retail. Now, give me one reason why they should focus back on a realm which has 300 online players during peak times. If I were them, I'd just completely shut down Cata and use the server machine for something better than catering to the needs of 300 crybabies, y'know what I mean? They're actually compromising by even ALLOWING Cata realms to still exist, and yet you're here crying about development. Go to another Cata realm then, if you so much want to play this expansion, but, speaking from experience, I can assure you that none of them has more than 1k population and none of them is better than Warmane in any significant way.

One of the more popular Cata servers is currently focusing mainly on its Legion project. The other one of the more popular Cata servers is no longer popular, having the same population as Neltharion.

11. The players abandoned Cata before Warmane did. I would be really ****ing happy if y'all stopped blaming the server. Warmane had a pretty steady development and updates for Cata. I know because I was an active part of it. When DS hit, players just started leaving - exactly like it was on retail. Now, give me one reason why they should focus back on a realm which has 300 online players during peak times. If I were them, I'd just completely shut down Cata and use the server machine for something better than catering to the needs of 300 crybabies, y'know what I mean? They're actually compromising by even ALLOWING Cata realms to still exist, and yet you're here crying about development. Go to another Cata realm then, if you so much want to play this expansion, but, speaking from experience, I can assure you that none of them has more than 1k population and none of them is better than Warmane in any significant way.

One of the more popular Cata servers is currently focusing mainly on its Legion project. The other one of the more popular Cata servers is no longer popular, having the same population as Neltharion.
    you no uderstand and talk too much,i was trying to say that WOTLK and outland are in good state and now maybe they can focus on cata or panda,i don't play them myself but i see from all the rage that many quests are broke i guess?

this is all if warmane not start working or WOD server or LEGION when laste patch is out on retail ,maybe in like 1 years or 2

byby
    Edited: June 29, 2017

12. 5+ year old bug still exist in cata, an obvious one, yet it remains the same.

13. Sure thing, but do you think it's worth to divert development time away from the more popular expansions? It may not be what you'd fancy, but we don't get to make priorities based on what is best for a single realm. Is it a joke? You're unappreciative of ANY development time the expansion is given? That's not even to mention that it is a decent sized change-log. If you can't be respectful, then I'd advise against posting about it in the future.
    Calling it a joke was admittedly a little(read a lot) over the line, and I apologize for that. The fact that the devs put any time into it is a testament to them. The fact that they're able to do any development work gives me ample respect for them, and I really should know better.

It is absolutely not worth the shifting the development time away from WotLK or BC. I freely acknowledge that. Outside of a few fringe cases, there is no reasonable perspective that it would be.

What I suspect I was trying to, albeit uneloquently, express that the realm would need a good deal of love to be revitalized, even for the people that really like the expansion, and that the lack of resurgence of people playing because there was an update may have less to do with the number of people who would like to play cataclysm, and more to do with the overall state of neltharion. Goodness, there's really no good way to put that, and there's truly no malice behind it- I'm happy enough to play whatever expansion. Plus, I may just be totally wrong in the first place- taralej's comment is assuredly more accurate than anything I have to say.

Alternately, and in a much shorter statement- I got baited by the poster above me. Which is why my tone was awful. (And I should know better than to get baited too.)

To be honest though? I'd almost prefer it if cataclysm development was put entirely on hold until the other realms have reached a point where it would be possible to give it the full wotlk-style treatment. While I hate to somewhat contradict myself, you were absolutely right, I'm not particularly appreciative of the update. I feel that time and work would have been better spent on the other realms.

I do hope that that was at least a little better in terms of tone.

14. Peroit,

The staff is in a position to where we want to try and be able to please everyone, despite that being impossible - nobody can ever please everyone. However, we try, and the developers put forth that development time into the material listed in the change-log, even after having said that what we do in the future for Cataclysm will be "bare bones". We offered for all of the Cata players to merge into MoP so we can add Cata's development time into MoP's, and that the Cataclysm players would have a more populous realm to play on. The majority declined, and so we didn't proceed with it. Instead, we stated that Cataclysm development from that point onward would be "bare bones" because we simply cannot keep up with the development time that both Cataclysm and MoP both require (both being very advanced in terms of content compared to older expansions).

So, moving forward, there are still Cataclysm players complaining about no development on their beloved expansion, despite us having explained to them that it is very difficult for us to do so. The development team managed to put together those fixes for that change-log anyway, which I imagine much was done as "extra" (as working 'on the clock' is devoted to other areas at the moment), in attempt to appease players who are constantly asking and complaining about the lack of fixes for Cataclysm. When those fixes are met with disrespect and contempt, that is a problem. It's a problem because the developers who went out of their way to develop something for Cataclysm, despite the staff having said we will not do, because we've been asked to, is just awful. Awful and demotivating.

The above was my primary concern of the post. Yes, I understand people are emotionally invested. Which is why I often err on the side of leniency when it comes to enforcing the forum rules, particularly in cases such as this.

I can assure you, however, that the investment in the Cataclysm fixes and change-log had no ill effects on the development of the other expansions. You needn't worry about that. Asking for -more- is another issue altogether, though.

15. i think mercy is that with other expen nearly geting done like wotlk and outland,they will start geting more fixes in cata and panadaland before they plan geting legion or wod servers in the next year or 2 i guess,i belive even if wod was not good warmane need to put some effort in it just to give more choices to people gameplay and sucession wise

byby
    I highly doubt we will have WoD or Legion servers at any point in the foreseeable future. The newer expansions are increasingly complex and difficult to bring to an acceptable level of development, especially by a team that is already committed to other projects. This in itself is one of the major obstacles to providing quality to Cataclysm and MoP themselves. Compounding the problem with even more content and even more complex adjustments to the game is a huge obstacle.

123 Last