1. Best dps MoP

I'm trying to figure out which class is top for dps on this server. I had an arcane mage in retail and was consistently on top of damage.

2. Mage is not good here.
    Best dps is rogue.

3. Indeed, play what you like, master it and you will blow people up just as good as any class around

4. Combat Rogue, Destruction Warlock, Fury Warrior, Beast Mastery Hunter, Balance Druid, Elemental Shaman, Windwalker Monk, Unholy Death Knight are the most viable dps specs for Siege of Orgrimmar right now and they are very close in dps if you compare them with same item level gear however Combat Rogues are probably number one right now.

Keep in mind that some specs highly depend on trinkets or set bonuses so they can be really weak with low gear but very rewarding later.

All 3 mage specs are bugged and people just don't want to carry them in raids.
    Enhancement shamans and feral druids are only 2 specs i never played in mop but i never saw them having good dps in raids.
    Retribution paladins are very low dps without T16 4p set bonus and Galakras + Thok trinket but they can catch up with top dps once they get full gear.
    Shadow priests and affliction warlocks were top dps but after many updates they got some bugs so they are not good anymore.
    Assassination and Subtlety rogues are just nowhere close to Combat in any encounter.
    Arms warriors are good for fights with adds like Galakras but never for single target.
    Demonology warlocks were always full of bugs and nobody plays them in pve.
    Marksmanship and Survival hunters are just not so useful as Beast Mastery but they can be close to dps in single target fights.
    Frost Death Knights are probably at the bottom of dps right now, probably needs to be fixed.

Also keep in mind that things will drastically change for some classes when people get SoO heroic warforged gear and legendary back + meta gem (if they release as promised).

That's about it for pve, in pvp situation is very very different but i don't play it on this server so i won't comment.
    Edited: June 26, 2017

5. Combat Rogue, [...] comment.
    Feral and Enh geared are top dps aswell, Enhance even higher than Ele. Ele just has great AOE burst which Enh can make up with sustained AOE. You probably have never seen any decent player play these specs ;). Shadow is also very viable the only requirements are Tier 16 4p and trinkets (or UVL + tot 2p) for it to be good.

6. Our full SoO geared Shadow priest with Heroic trinket can't hold a candle to combat rogue. They are viable, but suck at Aoe and still lose on single target. The only fights where they are really good are Fallen Protectors and Paragons of the Klaxxi.

7. Our full SoO geared [...] the Klaxxi.
    I guess I have to make a guide for him then

8. I guess I have to make a guide for him then
    Well show me your logs on SoO raids to prove me wrong, because so far I haven't seen a priest that can beat warlocks/rogues in SoO on most bosses.

9. Lol some of comments...feral druid..idk on what server are you playing all..

In general most SOO bosses Monk will beat any dps, followed by Rogue and Warr, all other classes can hide.