1. Opinions on this PC build of mine

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor ($227.98 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - M9a 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler (Purchased For $26.97)
    Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (Purchased For $77.98)
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($126.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($127.99 @ B&H)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.44 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DUKE OC Video Card ($504.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: SHARKOON - DG7000-G (Black/Green) ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (Purchased For $49.99)
    Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($89.89 @ OutletPC)
    Wireless Network Adapter: Netgear - A6210-100PAS USB 3.0 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter (Purchased For $38.21)
    Total: $1319.42
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-30 15:29 EDT-0400

2. July 4, 2017  
    I'd take 500w+ PSU

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...l,4572-10.html

There are 350w spikes and if we add other stuff it gets close to those 450w and for me thats too close for comfort.

3. July 4, 2017  
    I'd personally go kabylake over ryzen for gaming assuming that's your main reason for build, but i do agree on Blue's suggestion of a higher wattage power supply especially with the 1080.

4. July 5, 2017  
    Thank you both for the opinions on the PSU. I've decided to upgrade it to a 650W Gold Certified in case I want to upgrade in the future (which might not happen but just in case).

Unfortunately I've already bought the 450, but as soon as it comes in tomorrow I'm returning it in exchange for said 650W.

I've also made a couple other changes to my build. Monitor, keyboard, etc., but more importantly the GPU. It's a better GPU imo, but it'll need more cooling, so because of that I've changed my mind on the case too, to one that includes 7 cooling fans pre-installed. Here's my new build.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor ($227.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - M9a 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler (Purchased For $26.97)
    Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (Purchased For $77.98)
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($126.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (Purchased For $129.99)
    Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Purchased For $59.99)
    Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB SC2 Gaming iCX Video Card ($569.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: DIYPC - Skyline-07-G ATX Full Tower Case (Purchased For $79.98)
    Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($74.88 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($92.99 @ Amazon)
    Wireless Network Adapter: Netgear - A6210-100PAS USB 3.0 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter (Purchased For $38.21)
    Monitor: Asus - VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor ($258.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Keyboard: Razer - BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth Wired Gaming Keyboard (Purchased For $89.99)
    Mouse: Razer - Naga Chroma Wired Laser Mouse (Purchased For $61.89)
    Other: RAZER RAZER GOLIATHUS CONTROL FISSURE EDITION - SOFT GAMING MOUSE MAT (Purchased For $19.99)
    Total: $1936.82
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-04 20:40 EDT-0400

Edit: I think I'm most excited about my SSD I just bought, an NVMe Samsung 250GB SSD. Oooo. I've never had an SSD in my life - needless to say this is going to be quite a change! :D
    Edited: July 5, 2017

5. well good PC...for playing TBC
    I literally don't care for a **** opinion like yours.

6. Monitor: Asus - VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor ($258.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Keyboard: Razer - BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth Wired Gaming Keyboard (Purchased For $89.99)
    Mouse: Razer - Naga Chroma Wired Laser Mouse (Purchased For $61.89)

Is this some kind of joke?
    The monitor is **** for it's price range, you don't need a 144Hz monitor, you're not a pro gamer.
    And then you will combine an ultra fast refresh rate monitor with a wifi adapter? To do what? Play videogames over a high latency network adapter.
    Lmao!
    And that keyboard and mouse? Overpriced plastic crap if you ask me, it's screaming manchild all over.
    Get a decent but cheap mouse and keyboard and get a better processor instead.

7. Get a logitech mx518 mouse.
    Better than this razer crap and the mouse will last for a century.

8. And why is there hostility coming from you two cucks?

Like I said. I'm a first time builder. Don't be a twat.

9. Not everything from razer is trash. The razer naga that I bought second hand for 50 Euro in 2012 (new price was like 130 Euro for this version) still works perfectly and has been used very intensively.

10. Not to be that guy but the fact that you're putting a $550 GPU on an $80 mobo makes me sad.

Also AMD? pls

If you haven't purchased it all already get an i7 6700k or something as they're quite cheap right now and will match the 1080, as for the motherboard I always spend more than I want to on it. I think my current motherboard is an MSI z170a M5.

In regards of that guy above about 144hz, he's trying too hard to be special as we all know the benefit of 144fps. If you play any other games other than wow then its gucci af, buuut if you do play other games I'd recommend a Zowie over Razer, I used to have a Deathadder but I love my Zowie more than a man should love a mouse. I've never used a Razer keyboard but Logitech typically do good keyboards if you would prefer something a little less edgy/2014

But then again its your build, you do you. I've just always had a thing about being cheap with motherboards.

11. Not to be that guy but the fact that you're putting a $550 GPU on an $80 mobo makes me sad.

Also AMD? pls

If you haven't purchased it all already get an i7 6700k or something as they're quite cheap right now and will match the 1080, as for the motherboard I always spend more than I want to on it. I think my current motherboard is an MSI z170a M5.

In regards of that guy above about 144hz, he's trying too hard to be special as we all know the benefit of 144fps. If you play any other games other than wow then its gucci af, buuut if you do play other games I'd recommend a Zowie over Razer, I used to have a Deathadder but I love my Zowie more than a man should love a mouse. I've never used a Razer keyboard but Logitech typically do good keyboards if you would prefer something a little less edgy/2014

But then again its your build, you do you. I've just always had a thing about being cheap with motherboards.
    1) Nothing wrong with AMD, And ryze is more efficient than 7th gen intel, are you brainwashed by internet memes agaisnt AMD from people that doesnt even know how to build a pc and joined late of a problem that was only valid in 2010?.

2) you dont need a 400$ "gaming" motherboard, as long it fit his needs and works, he can do fine even with a 50$ one as long the stuff he got works there, shows again you know nothing of pc and just buy luxury stuff because they look pretty and ads are "cool".

3) Keyboard is pretty much random, ive using a 5$ genius keyboard and works fine even for competitive games, you dont need crap with leds and tons of colors for about 100$.

4) 144hz is amazing for video games, the smoothness is supreme, no idea what you have agaisnt it.

12. 2) buying the cheapest micro MB for gtx 1080, m2 ssd and putting it into full tower because **** logic

3) using membrane keyboards in 2017 what a champ

4) 144hz 1080p with gtx 1080?

As long it works, youre saving money, so yeah L O G I C, something you dont have.

Oh yeah buy those 10000000 color leds keyboards with doritos stickers for 100$, i is smart.

144hz takes a lot of gpu power in modern videogames even at 1080p , so his gpu is fine as long he will play games like the witcher 3 or metro 2033 on ultra and in that frequency which takes an insane amount of gpu power.

*i buy expensive stuff for no reason because **** logic and i have daddies money*

13. Remove windows 10. Buy Windows 7 on amazon or ebay or something, or just use your old windows 7.

This looks like a gaming rig, not a rendering etc focused one, so drop the Ryzen and get the Intel Core i5-7640X (4ghz quad core).

Bigger PSU. 500W min, I'd go 550W with the i5 personally.

It's safe to assume that with keyboards "gaming" anything is over-priced and/or crap. Even the good mechanical gaming keyboards use worse components than a similarly priced Cherry mechanical keyboard.

With mice it's a little trickier. We used to have the wonderful MSO with an excellent sensor for almost nothing. Nowadays there are no flawless sensors in anything cheap.
    In 2014 after the last of my MSOs died, I bought a Razer Deathadder 2013, simply because I found one for €40 and it was the cheapest mouse I could find with a flawless sensor (Avago ADNS-3988) at the time. Zero problems. Would buy again for €40, but if I had to chose something with a flawless sensor at full price I'd probably switch to a Zowie FK2 (€60), especially as I'm becoming fond of my old claw grip again.

Fortunately, unless you play super fast shooters at a high level, you don't really need to care much about your sensor so long as it's not total and utter crap. Go by how it feels in your hand, build quality (hard to really tell without taking the mouse apart) and buttons if you must have them.
    Edited: August 20, 2017

14. No point in getting gtx 1080 unless you have 144hz 1440p monitor.
    1. Learn some basic maths.
    2. Calculate bandwidth.
    3. Correct and expand the above statement.

TL;DR Version: The vast majority of people get no benefit (in terms of their own performance) from 144hz, even in the very few games and situations where it can actually make a difference.

I've only come across one type of situation where you get a clear, consistent, independently verified, statistically clear, performance advantage from a 144hz monitor: Tracking with hit-scan weapons in high speed and high skill shooters when fighting very good players.

You may also feel you have some improvement in various reflex shots and some other aspects of the game, but it's hard to determine if there really is any or if it's just a psychological benefit.

However, if you're playing games like LOL, WoW, Battlefield, CoD, CS etc then you may "like" or "preffer" 144hz (or THINK you do), but you will gain nothing beyond psychological benefits.

I've done this a fair few times IRL now:

1. Be really impressed with and praise a new 144hz monitor some one bought.
    2. Find out where they think it makes the most difference.
    3. Next time they leave the room (or I make up a reason to get them to leave the room) I tell them I set it to the lower frequency again for a test. Actually leave it on 144hz.
    4. Get them to play the game and situation (if possible) they previously said it has the most effect on.
    5. Find another time to switch it to lower frequency and tell them I put it back to 144hz
    6. Get them to play again.

Results:

1. Nearly everyone blames the monitor, plays worse, and has no clue that it's still at 144hz.
    2. Nearly everyone plays better again when I switch it to the lower frequency and tell them it's back to 144hz. Some people even praise the better looking image "ah it's obvious it's 144hz now, look at those great colours!".../palm
    3. It's amazing how most people don't even notice the colour saturation change (or some do, but because it looks better and they've been told it's been switched to 144hz, and 144hz = better in their mind, the change actually reinforces the superiority of, and their ability to discern the superiority of 144hz :)

Exceptions:

1. One test failed because the guy insisted on checking the frequency himself (he knew me better than the other people... i think he suspected I was up to something from the start).
    2. One test failed half way because the guy noticed the colours weren't so washed out anymore and concluded it was not on 144hz, then realised it must have been 144hz when I said it was low frequency. However he *****ed about the monitor and played worse than normal in the first part of the test when no change had actually occurred.
    3. One guy didn't think the 144hz actually made any difference to his performance (before my test), but said he "liked" it more. He wasn't really affected by what he thought the frequency was on, but he did fail to notice the difference in saturation, despite extremely significant changes on his BenQ.
    Edited: August 20, 2017

12 Last