1. July 3, 2017  

Battleground queues too long ?

Why is there a 20mins queues for battleground on ally side if we are 15 000 playing in this server

A server with a population of 5000 have their bgs queues instant ?

What is the probleme

This is non sens taking forever to gear up with honor gear

2. July 3, 2017  
    Probably because not everyone does PvP, and out of these 15k players, most of them are leveling up, and the ones already at 70 do PvE (or PvP).

And even then, on which battleground you see that 20min queue?

Yesterday Arathi Basin was firing off every 3-5 minutes, for example. (on alliance side)

I'd suggest you to queue for more than one battleground (you can queue up to 3 at the same time), and go in the first that fires off. If you need specific marks, just wait until that specific battleground starts. In the meantime, play in the one you are in.

3. July 3, 2017  
    Queue time depends on the faction balance. When there is more horde in queue then horde has to wait longer, when there is more ally in queue then they have to wait longer.

4. July 3, 2017  
    Well i am queuing for 3 bgs everytime and either AV,AB or eye of the storm are 10-20 mins
    Wondering if this is going to get fixed ..

5. July 3, 2017  
    Wondering if this is going to get fixed ..
    What about it even needs "fixing"?

6. July 3, 2017  
    Queue time depends on the faction balance. When there is more horde in queue then horde has to wait longer, when there is more ally in queue then they have to wait longer.
    Atm because of the boost ally is taking longer that,s it ?
    I used to do bgs and they were almost all instant queue

7. July 3, 2017  
    have you tried to get honor pvp gear atm with these queue times it will take weeks to get 1 single piece

8. July 3, 2017  
    have you tried to get honor pvp gear atm with these queue times it will take weeks to get 1 single piece
    Just like it used to be for Horde when there were too few Alliance, you mean?

9. July 3, 2017  
    What exactly can the developers even do about it?

There are more alliance doing pvp than horde doing pvp, at the hours that you queue for battlegrounds. Not much do to about that, but at least alliance bonuses last another month.

Also, server pop has nothing to do with it. You can have a server of 80 people, and you could feasibly have AV pop instantly for all 80 players for hours on end no problem. Or you can have a server of 15 000 where 1000 alliance queue and 800 horde queue, resulting in waiting for the remaining 200 alliance.

10. July 3, 2017  
    Gonna love alliance players.they get more rep/more exp/more honor,free 100% mount and higher population atm...and still they find a reason to complain :D
    Edited: July 3, 2017

11. July 3, 2017  

12. July 3, 2017  
    Just like it used to be for Horde when there were too few Alliance, you mean?
    Ppl that chose horde on release knew that it gonna be the higher populated faction due to the better racials.
    They knowingly chose better racials over a short BG queue time on ally side.

Players, including me, chose the ally side when the realm got released because we wanted to play on the less populated side.
    Even though the ally racials are weaker, it brings several advantages with it to be in the lower populated faction. Lower bg queue time, more opponents to kill in Wpvp, etc.

What about it even needs "fixing"?
    - Nerf the ally perks or remove them entirely.
    - Make it possible for players who created their ally character before the perks were announced to faction change for free to horde side.

13. July 3, 2017  
    Some players, including me, chose the ally side when the realm got released because we wanted to play on the less populated side.
    Even though the ally racials are weaker, it brings several advantages with it to be in the lower populated faction such as lower bg queue time, more opponents to kill in Wpvp, etc.
    That's nice, but the aim is to not have any "less populated side."
    - Make it possible for players who created their ally character before the perks were announced to faction change for free to horde side.
    Neither of those fix anything regarding this - because there's nothing to fix, longer queue times are created by not enough players queuing.

14. July 3, 2017  
    Neither of those fix anything regarding this - because there's nothing to fix, longer queue times are created by not enough players queuing.
    Actually by not enough opponents queueing and too many ppl of the own faction queueing.

The deal always used to be that the faction with the better PvP racials has to wait longer in queue.
    In Wotlk until MoP it is like this.
    On TBC this logic seems to be reversed. Ally has the weaker racials but the longer BG queue.
    For a PvP player thats kinda sucks.

15. July 3, 2017  
    Ppl that chose horde on release knew that it gonna be the higher populated faction due to the better racials.
    They knowingly chose better racials over a short BG queue time on ally side.

Players, including me, chose the ally side when the realm got released because we wanted to play on the less populated side.
    Even though the ally racials are weaker, it brings several advantages with it to be in the lower populated faction. Lower bg queue time, more opponents to kill in Wpvp, etc.

And this is the same reason why i chose the ally side there were no perks yet when i started, i know there is nothing to be fixed but i can't understand how there is not that much players doing pvp 70 ..

123 Last